Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
Hi.

Sorry, I have some trouble joining into the criticism about the symbols being words and/or commands to the zombies.

I remember us discussing a lot about an ant-analogy in respect to the zombos, when Randy dropped these bottles. Now I would like to make you remember these discussions again, because I have the feeling that many of have seemed to "accept" this kind of theory.
Ants "talk" or "communicate" by using hormons or shit telling everyone in the ant-family what to do - some simply for "follow this trail", others for "defend", again others "safe the ant-eggs", or "feed big Mom" etc. ... What if these symbols have the a similar effect on zombies? Their brains may get twisted by the z-agent, and by seeing symbols all across the place they simply follow these symbols, because there could be kind of a hard programming through the zombie-agent.

Or make it different: What, if those symbols are painted with colors which were enriched with certain hormons or fluids the zombies simply "scent". R2Da2 explicitely says that these symbols are not like explicit words, but about a certain meaning. He sees the symbols and "understands" something about them in a way that he cannot resist and thus follows "an order" as he understands it. Just like an ant smells a certain hormon in its surrounding and reacts accordingly.

So - yes. Could be. I am looking forward to get more clues and see where this is leading.

Best wishes!
Liam
Back to the synaesthesia we go... At least I'd love to see that play a part... Some man made form that would be the same for everyone... It would have to alter their brains though, but people have already suggested that, so why not...
Synaesthesia might be able to explain at least some of it...Or maybe I just say so because I can imagine how Datu feels about those symbols... Though I don't feel a sudden urge to enter a room just because it's got a letter on the door.
But I will immediately think of the color red if you mention Saturday, and feel that you're completely wrong if you say it's not... Quite funny actually, I always feel an urge to correct someone when I read about other synaesthetes experiences if they are different from my own.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtO4CSzAyxE