User Tag List

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    "Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    If it is a gas, why would a scratch from a little one turn Amy in the attack of the colony? We can put something in the blood and have the little ones scratch themselves to get blood underneath their finger nails. But a gas? It could be a virus. Many virus and small bacteria can be next to impossible to see under a standard light microscope unless very strict staining protocols are used.
    Or a prion, or--because it's almost over--the world may never know (3).

Maybe it's on their hands because when they cough they cover their mouths with their hands .
    Last edited by Eviebae; Jun 20th, 2014 at 02:47 PM.
    Likes Storm, Grognaurd liked this post
    SKITTLES?

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Um, Saul.... Angel.... Hope.... ? I don't recall a St. Bixby in the Bible. Wait- could Gatekeeper be a reference to St. Peter at the pearly gates??!?

Sorry dude, but I think you are

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT JUST ISN'T THERE
    It's there, it just might not mean anything important to KC in terms of the story. Maybe it's there because people used to use names from the bible in naming their kids, or certain concepts are deeply imbedded in our culture. There's always Jung.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    SKITTLES?

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    It's there, it just might not mean anything important to KC in terms of the story. Maybe it's there because people used to use names from the bible in naming their kids, or certain concepts are deeply imbedded in our culture. There's always Jung.
    Well, it could be far worse when it comes to choosing a good name.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I hate to say it. after listening to it a couple of times. I was kind of disappointed in this one. I felt it was lacking something, and the flashbacks I felt it was over used. sorry KC and group. maybe I missed something, Ill go through it again.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    I hate to say it. after listening to it a couple of times. I was kind of disappointed in this one. I felt it was lacking something, and the flashbacks I felt it was over used. sorry KC and group. maybe I missed something, Ill go through it again.
    One thing I found a bit odd about this one was the interruption to the emotion and flow of the episode with the use of flashbacks. I understand why it was done and all of that good stuff but it felt a bit clunky. It was much easier to lose myself in the storytelling other other episodes but this one definitely reminded me that I was an observer and less engaged than normal. Still good in terms of content, just not my favorite either.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Here's some random thoughts. Hope no one minds.

"Lion's Den" reminds me of the biblical story "Daniel and the lions den". Lions don't attack Daniel in the story. So maybe Saul goes back in to the zombie-hole (with a bomb or just to recon) sometime before this chapter ends. Makes sense to me.

Also who is smart enough to deduce the ultimate cause of the outbreak? The only person I can think of is maybe Ink (maybe via a journal or notes). So there is a chance that the root cause of the zombies is one of the mysteries that's left at the end. But Ink's actions looks like they'll be fully explained.

Ink...A Story of Survival.
    Likes Eviebae, Duffusmonkey liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Hey All, long time listener, first time poster.

This episode brought to mind something that happened much earlier in the show. If I recall, wasn't it mentioned that Durai knew what the zombies were up to, or something along those lines. Did he have some sort of idea what was coming in terms of the arms race we're seeing now?
    Likes EatMyShorts, Monster mani liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Listening to the Fancast I got to thinking about the haze and the pile of zombie bodies outside the Arena. Maybe the reason they kept the zombie bodies outside and didn't eat them was because they gave off the haze?

It's so odd:
    • The haze seems to have something to do with turning people into zombies
    • But the zombies avoided the area the haze was strongest because it was supposedly toxic to them (tho they might be used to it now).
    • Decomposing zombies give off some version of the haze.
    • But zombies can and do eat each other (maybe only if the victim/loser is alive).
    • When they brought back the dead bodies of other zombies, they didn't seem to eat them.

Maybe like how the regular zombies can't tell the difference between a Skittles smell and an authentic zombie; they also can't smell the difference between a zombie and a human after they are dead.
    Maybe they brought back all bodies they found and smarter ones sorted out the inedible ones when they got to the Arena?

It reminds me of a sad news story a few years ago where a woman had been taking DMSO for pain (she had terminal cancer) and while she was in the emergency ward her body began to give off toxic fumes. The nurses working with her passed out and had symptoms for months afterwards. Because the hospital were aiming for d#####es of the year by saying it was all in the nurses imagination; they did all this research into figuring out what had happened. It was finally determined that it was due to chemical reactions between her body and the DMSO that caused her body to give off a toxic gas.
    Likes Grognaurd, 7oddisdead liked this post
    SKITTLES?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Listening to the Fancast I got to thinking about the haze and the pile of zombie bodies outside the Arena. Maybe the reason they kept the zombie bodies outside and didn't eat them was because they gave off the haze?

It's so odd:
    • The haze seems to have something to do with turning people into zombies
    • But the zombies avoided the area the haze was strongest because it was supposedly toxic to them (tho they might be used to it now).
    • Decomposing zombies give off some version of the haze.
    • But zombies can and do eat each other (maybe only if the victim/loser is alive).
    • When they brought back the dead bodies of other zombies, they didn't seem to eat them.

Maybe like how the regular zombies can't tell the difference between a Skittles smell and an authentic zombie; they also can't smell the difference between a zombie and a human after they are dead.
    Maybe they brought back all bodies they found and smarter ones sorted out the inedible ones when they got to the Arena?

It reminds me of a sad news story a few years ago where a woman had been taking DMSO for pain (she had terminal cancer) and while she was in the emergency ward her body began to give off toxic fumes. The nurses working with her passed out and had symptoms for months afterwards. Because the hospital were aiming for d#####es of the year by saying it was all in the nurses imagination; they did all this research into figuring out what had happened. It was finally determined that it was due to chemical reactions between her body and the DMSO that caused her body to give off a toxic gas.
    It could be, I had a different thought that is pretty gross. My brother is a foreman/ paramedic. He was told that some meth addicts were saving urine and then purifying the meth back out of the urine. Now, back to me biochemistry dude. The body often metabolize drugs, that is change them chemically before eliminating them. Meth is not, it comes out the same chemical.

My guess is Ink might have thought something similar for the gas. Maybe he could purify some of the gas from the bodies to use it as a raw material for hs experiments. Maybe the chemical is changed by the body when it gets in the saliva. But, inside the body it might be a purer form. Maybe a combination of purer gas and a higher concentration is required for special zombies. Sure, a bite can change someone into a zombie, but they are not as robust as those that were made at ground zero.

Kinda like a bottle of grape juice. Poor yourself a glass and then refill the bottle water. After too many glasses, it is more like water than grape juice. But, what we have with the biters is worse, because each glass is like the bottle. Take a drink and refill with water. People who poor the third or fourth glass from the bottle start off with weak flavor to begin with.

If Ink collects and concentrates the gas from dead bodies, he can eliminate this degradation and start making better ones. These in turn can make ones that are not as good as they are, but are better than ones made several generations from the initial outbreak.

My bias was the agent was a biological contagion that would replenish and concentrate itself in each body to avoid above process. It was also that Ink made the special ones. Going back to a gas where the exposure decays through transmission and high concentrations make special vampires seems to fits the data better
    Likes EpiEpee, Storm liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    My brother is a foreman/ paramedic. He was told that some meth addicts were saving urine and then purifying the meth back out of the urine.
    first, ewwww!
    Creative and smart, but ewwwww!

So, they could be secreting it through their skin--that would explain why scratching works (other than zombie tradition). But if the haze passes through their body and comes out unchanged, why do they change into the same type that turned them?

I mean, if the differences between the first turned (runners, etc) can be explained by what they were like before they changed how is that passed along?
    SKITTLES?

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast