User Tag List

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    "Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    So, at the very beginning, why does the announcer say police aren't responding if we later hear the rioters are attacking police?
    SKITTLES?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    So, at the very beginning, why does the announcer say police aren't responding if we later hear the rioters are attacking police?
    Sort of like a moving wall, not using force, and then BAM.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Sort of like a moving wall, not using force, and then BAM.
    OH, I thought there wasn't a police presence at all (like they'd all rushed out to respond and been turned). That gives me different mind pictures.
    SKITTLES?

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    28 Days Later100 Experience Points
    In episode 41, where Datu gets bitten, Tanya supposedly places a PICC line in his vein, right there in the torrential rain outside. She was a veterinarian, so that is surprising to begin with, but more, picc lines are placed while using an ultrasound, and requires a decent amount of precision, a scalpel, and just isn't plausible for the situation.A central line placed in the internal or external jugular veins are much more likely to be done in an emergency, or just a simple peripheral IV. As a nurse I have been involved in the placement of picc lines and central lines and ivs, and one of the others would be more appropriate for the situation.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I am not a nurse, but isn't a traditional Picc line set up to deliver a harsh drug to a location where the vein is larger? Tanya uses this picc line to make it easier for non-trained people to take a blood sample, so it does not really need to go far up the length of the vein. The port is the mos important aspect of the system, not the distance the line runs.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danidelion View Post
    In episode 41, where Datu gets bitten, Tanya supposedly places a PICC line in his vein, right there in the torrential rain outside. She was a veterinarian, so that is surprising to begin with, but more, picc lines are placed while using an ultrasound, and requires a decent amount of precision, a scalpel, and just isn't plausible for the situation.A central line placed in the internal or external jugular veins are much more likely to be done in an emergency, or just a simple peripheral IV. As a nurse I have been involved in the placement of picc lines and central lines and ivs, and one of the others would be more appropriate for the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I am not a nurse, but isn't a traditional Picc line set up to deliver a harsh drug to a location where the vein is larger? Tanya uses this picc line to make it easier for non-trained people to take a blood sample, so it does not really need to go far up the length of the vein. The port is the mos important aspect of the system, not the distance the line runs.
    I've put them in before, but not the ones that go super deep like the one's you're describing. This is the very short version that goes into the skin maybe two inches at most. I might have the term wrong... Apparently the type I am thinking about is just refereed to an IV line. That might need to be fixed in the remaster
    Likes nikvoodoo liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    I posted this already in a thread about 47.1, but it's a past episode and everyone moved on (which makes me think about the finale: the community will be fractioned right at the most important moment in the series, but anyway)
    So, Ink tattoes himself before the outbreak; after the outbreak he tries to find out which symbol protected him by experimenting at the jail. Except he is a zombie, i.e. he turned, i.e. by definition he was *not* protected. He has no reason to think any of the symbols protected him from being attacked and turned, because he was attacked and turned. I am stuck here.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    This is part of the mystery, Clem. Is Ink turned? We hear the characters say so, but his eyes are still clear. So, if he is turned, he is still different from the vast majority of the ones we have seen. The protection aspect is not protection from the disease, as much as it is protection from the biters, themselves.

What we know is that he has clear eyes.
    One of the marks seems to be "do not go there" or stop or protection.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    This is part of the mystery, Clem. Is Ink turned? We hear the characters say so, but his eyes are still clear. So, if he is turned, he is still different from the vast majority of the ones we have seen. The protection aspect is not protection from the disease, as much as it is protection from the biters, themselves.

What we know is that he has clear eyes.
    Uh. I'm not so active on the forum so this is the first time I consider that Ink might not be turned. We heard it from Kelly and Tanya, and we've seen him do trans-human things, so I took it from granted. We had an entire episode dedicated to the witnessing of how Ink was turned, during which episode one character says verbatim "This is where Ink was turned". But then again you're right, the narrator is unreliable so my reasoning might in fact imply that he's NOT turned. At this point I would feel a bit cheated if it turns out he wasn't a zombie all along, but oh well.

Just to explain, I indeed meant protection from the biters, not the disease. If he's turned, for all he knew he was not protected from the biters, because... well, he was turned! That means for all he knows the protection mark didn't work. To me it's of obvious but took me a little to see it.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    I posted this already in a thread about 47.1, but it's a past episode and everyone moved on (which makes me think about the finale: the community will be fractioned right at the most important moment in the series, but anyway)
    So, Ink tattoes himself before the outbreak; after the outbreak he tries to find out which symbol protected him by experimenting at the jail. Except he is a zombie, i.e. he turned, i.e. by definition he was *not* protected. He has no reason to think any of the symbols protected him from being attacked and turned, because he was attacked and turned. I am stuck here.
    It's something not contained in the story as we don't see his perspective, but with a little time, he discovered why others reacted to him differently. The symbols on the doors could have been just one of the experiments to see how he was different.
    Likes clem131 liked this post

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast