User Tag List

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Chapter 48 Remastering Thread

Chapter 48 Remastering Thread

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Good evening and hello,

first thorough proof-listening - and this is what I got:

1) 28:54 - 29:26 - baby-Nick does not sound (properly) muffled, if a wet cloth is put over its face in order to protect it against the cs-gas.
    2) 32:17 - Pegs starts to say something, sounds like "with" or something; cannot clarify it; might be a glitch.
    3) 37:08 - 38.03 - During the telephone call/ radio chatter between Michael and Tanya Michael becomes more and more silent up to being not understandable starting at roughly 37:35 onwards; the background music on the contrary gets louder and louder; certainly: the scene speaks for itself, and the feeling/ mood is perfect. But maybe a little less of the ambiente and a little more Michael might be something to consider.

In general: it is hard to tell, if there is the one or the other line being too loud or too silent, 'cause especially during the first half of this chapter you always switch point of perspective/ observation; also there is plenty of tension rising and falling. So almost all (if not all) line being loud or silent seem to be just right the way they are.

But overall: Excellent work. Having listened to this chapter again makes me feel like watching an amazing movie. It reminds me of how great, well, no, how awesome your work is. Thank you again!

Anyway: Am going to do another proof-listening during the coming week. Do you have kind of a deadline? Up until when do you wish to get feedback?

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by Gooer; Oct 11th, 2014 at 01:54 PM.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points28 Days Later
    Just got finished listening to the chapter for the first time. I didn't find any problems with sound quality. The one point that Liam had with #2 (around/at 32:17) where Pegs seems to say "We..." and trails off is a bit hard to understand. I think the point of this is that she has an initial thought but then trails off into another thought.

I will listen to it one more time just to be sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks for the opportunity to quality test the remastered version.

K.C., as you have heard many times before, great work. Keep it up. Can't wait for the following Tales from We're Alive.

- Brendan E. Teske

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Good evening and hello,

first thorough proof-listening - and this is what I got:

1) 28:54 - 29:26 - baby-Nick does not sound (properly) muffled, if a wet cloth is put over its face in order to protect it against the cs-gas.
    2) 32:17 - Pegs starts to say something, sounds like "with" or something; cannot clarify it; might be a glitch.
    3) 37:08 - 38.03 - During the telephone call/ radio chatter between Michael and Tanya Michael becomes more and more silent up to being not understandable starting at roughly 37:35 onwards; the background music on the contrary gets louder and louder; certainly: the scene speaks for itself, and the feeling/ mood is perfect. But maybe a little less of the ambiente and a little more Michael might be something to consider.

In general: it is hard to tell, if there is the one or the other line being too loud or too silent, 'cause especially during the first half of this chapter you always switch point of perspective/ observation; also there is plenty of tension rising and falling. So almost all (if not all) line being loud or silent seem to be just right the way they are.

But overall: Excellent work. Having listened to this chapter again makes me feel like watching an amazing movie. It reminds me of how great, well, no, how awesome your work is. Thank you again!

Anyway: Am going to do another proof-listening during the coming week. Do you have kind of a deadline? Up until when do you wish to get feedback?

Best wishes!
    Liam
    1: Yeah. It's not perfect, but our muffling efforts didn't make it sound much better.
    2: Fixed. Moved it out from under CJ's line.
    3. Yeah, that's intentional. It's to make it more private. What he exactly says isn't necessary to know word for word.

Yeah, today was the deadline. Unless it's something major, it'll have to wait for our next version, which might be that 4 disk set in a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ubatch View Post
    Just got finished listening to the chapter for the first time. I didn't find any problems with sound quality. The one point that Liam had with #2 (around/at 32:17) where Pegs seems to say "We..." and trails off is a bit hard to understand. I think the point of this is that she has an initial thought but then trails off into another thought.

I will listen to it one more time just to be sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks for the opportunity to quality test the remastered version.

K.C., as you have heard many times before, great work. Keep it up. Can't wait for the following Tales from We're Alive.

- Brendan E. Teske
    Thanks Brendan! Appreciate it

OK, that's the last of the changes (except for 41). I'll start exporting now for the CD sets.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered
    Sorry for the delay but it was because I listened like three times and found no problem with sound quality and really no other problems than the ones described up above!

Thanks for all you do!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Fixes applied