User Tag List

"Lurker"

Status

If There was an outbreak that just started what would you do to survive?

A Question i ask myself and many of my friends often is if they would really be ready for a "Zombie Apocalypse".
    And for me i am totally ready.I have all kinds of ideas and strategies and other things that would do good
    to help survive in case of an outbreak!

If There was an outbreak that just started what would you do to survive? What would be the first thing you did? or Reaction? (start off like this then let's build off that )

I'll start it off.

the first thing i would do is find a weapon. my weapon of choice that would be available would be my 12 gauge, and for melee i gotta have a katana or machete. Then once i have a weapon i will fortify my house or wherever i may be as much as possible. Since the outbreak would have just started i would have to wait it out as long as i could before adventuring out when shit hits the fan. since everyone and everything will be in complete chaos that would be the best chance of surviving in the long run. all i got for now

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    In reality. The lucky ones maybe those who die first.
    Starvation, sickness, and other people will be the #1 killers.
    Me I would bug in as long as I could till things quiet down.
    I have enough provisions to survive the first 30 days or so..

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    In reality. The lucky ones maybe those who die first.
    Starvation, sickness, and other people will be the #1 killers.
    Me I would bug in as long as I could till things quiet down.
    I have enough provisions to survive the first 30 days or so..
    But by the time those first 30 days have passed, wouldn't other survivors have already cleared out most, if not all, of the "provisions" left around your hidey hole?

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Not really. I predict either I would be dead from looters or they all would be dead from the Zombies.
    Most People in my town are already "zombies" anyways. They do not prep. They think the government will take care of them.
    Most will kill each other for a mini snickers bar if the time ever came. So I figure after the first 30 days I would not have much competition for loot.
    Besides. I know plenty places to hunt and fish off the beaten path and know of a few that would make a good camp.
    A small handful of guys and I have already made plans and we have talked about when to meet and where if SHTF and a bugout is required.
    We have some good ole boy rednecks too. Some of which I know also and they have more preps then I.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registeredOverdrive

I know for a fact that I would be a quick zombie snack. I don't really worry about myself as I do my wife and kids. Even if I was prepared with provisions, and I was in the right place at the right time I don't think that I could take on a group of looters or zombies. When you really take all different sort of factors into account, how does anyone survive. Look at Michael and the group at the Tower. Luck, pure luck.