User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    HMMM interesting.. So we could see some more Smarties Pop up in future work.. This could get interesting..
    Maybe in the upcoming Tales.
    And I think all the open threads and question, which won't be answered by Kc, offer plenty of opportunity for fans to create their own spin-offs or tales. Actually I would like to go as far and say that Kc's "We're Alive" is probably one of the finest zombocalypse-scenarios which leaves enough room for roleplaygamers to use that background as a gaming-world. And I would not even mind seeing some independent (or major) gaming-publisher getting the license from Kc in order to publish either the "We're Alive" roleplaying game or "We're Alive"-sourcebook for any roleplaying-game-system. And you could even split it into two parts - Part One: "This was then" for the time of the actual zombocalypse and "This is now" for the time 14 years later; in "This was then" the zombies would play a much bigger role, I guess, while "This is now" would focus much more on the different human tribes fighting for food and turf whil struggling for survival in a completely desolated world where the remains of technology may become a serious issue as well (just think of pumping facilities failing and allowing the sea or rivers to take back citys, or imagine petrochemical or nuclear facilities going wild 'cause none cares for them anymore...)

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    I'd assume initially, the ones on earth would live until they had to restock, then survive like any other person.

As for those in space..... I'd think it would suck majorly. Having to watch the world die......
    I guess it would suck much more being up there and living with the certainty that sooner than later they would run ouf of food and spare-parts ...
    Likes Gooer liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    I may need to look this up but I believe I read they had escape plans.. For emergencies.. on the ISS
    Also one of the subs or Ships of the Navy could make port on the 1000s of uninhabited islands around the world.. Some of those ships have enough weaponry they could secure an area on the coast of the US and Keep it safe..
    But all that ability would me a story short and very predictable.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    I guess it would suck much more being up there and living with the certainty that sooner than later they would run ouf of food and spare-parts ...
    Probably the same way Scratch felt after Burt had his fun..........
    Well, just minus the food and spare parts of course..........

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Probably the same way Scratch felt after Burt had his fun..........
    Well, just minus the food and spare parts of course..........
    Now that you mention it, I have to agree.
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NickShades View Post
    On the final "We're not dead" podcast (65), KC came to the conclusion, as well as the hosts, that anyone who would be on the ISS would be screwed. They'd have a fancy spectator's seat, but they would ultimately die of either starvation, asphyxia, or dehydration - whichever they ran out of first, and there wouldn't be anyway around this. There are zero suppliers capable of getting a rocket up to them - those locations are all in the very center of infrastructure that is responsible for astronautical rocketry.

Battlecruisers, large yachts, you name it, they might have a better chance than the ISS, but ultimately, they will need to make eventual supply runs from time to time. And even then, they will still have problems when it comes to fuel. Nuclear vessels will have less of a problem, especially as they have desalination systems in order to provide fresh water - but they will eventually run out of on board food, unless they convert a whole lot of their resources to farming, which will be extremely limited in their capabilities verse the number of crew that are necessary on board in order to function properly.

Not saying it wouldn't be possible - just, it would have its own set of difficulties and possible mutinies.
    Now that you mention it, I have to agree.
    In order to conclude the ISS question:

In the end, I suppose budgetary constraints suck hard when z-day happens and you are in space - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crew_Return_Vehicle

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by NickShades View Post
    On the final "We're not dead" podcast (65), KC came to the conclusion, as well as the hosts, that anyone who would be on the ISS would be screwed. They'd have a fancy spectator's seat, but they would ultimately die of either starvation, asphyxia, or dehydration - whichever they ran out of first, and there wouldn't be anyway around this. There are zero suppliers capable of getting a rocket up to them - those locations are all in the very center of infrastructure that is responsible for astronautical rocketry.

Battlecruisers, large yachts, you name it, they might have a better chance than the ISS, but ultimately, they will need to make eventual supply runs from time to time. And even then, they will still have problems when it comes to fuel. Nuclear vessels will have less of a problem, especially as they have desalination systems in order to provide fresh water - but they will eventually run out of on board food, unless they convert a whole lot of their resources to farming, which will be extremely limited in their capabilities verse the number of crew that are necessary on board in order to function properly.

Not saying it wouldn't be possible - just, it would have its own set of difficulties and possible mutinies.
    This reminds me of a book that I started reading (But never finished) called The Last Ship. It's about a U.S. Navy Nuclear missile ship sailing the oceans after a nuclear war.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hm, back in season 1, before the events of "The War." I wonder what Michael and the others would have reacted if someone had decided to try his luck by defecting to the mallers. Would it have ended in a no-holds-barred situation? Ok, this might be a very hypothetical thought, though.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered

PSN ID: BlueLightMoths Steam ID: burgerbros
    Will we every find out what happen to the rest of the world? We know that Hawaii was hit, but what about Europe, the rest of North America, and Asia. Would the rest of world have different zombies according to the climate? Would zombies in the desert be harder to kill?

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgerbros View Post
    Will we every find out what happen to the rest of the world? We know that Hawaii was hit, but what about Europe, the rest of North America, and Asia. Would the rest of world have different zombies according to the climate? Would zombies in the desert be harder to kill?
    Think it was confirmed by Colonel Kimmet confirmed that they had reports of attacks in those areas.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast