User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRedBeard View Post
    I'll ask KC tonight during our Q&A with him. If you guys have other questions post them. I'll be refreshing this thread for replies.
    Awesome mate, thanks and cheers!
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRedBeard View Post
    I'll ask KC tonight during our Q&A with him. If you guys have other questions post them. I'll be refreshing this thread for replies.
    Hey this is different from the post-live streaming Q&A right? This is your next official podcast episode, Red Beard? I'm glad you guys are still going to keep recording episodes even after the show is done. Can't wait to listen to it and to find out what your and Mick's ratings were. Well, I guess I already know yours since they've been the same for each episode. But Mick better start handing out those 5.0 ratings again. He's been quite stingy with them.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    So? What were the answers?
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    I think using any form of logic, we can derive that whilst Ink made LA and the surrounding area pretty awful, there would have been similar archetypal characters across the globe. It seems almost of though Ink was more like an obsessive rather than a genius that saw it coming. There are plenty of these around (all the end is nigh types) along with all of the actual geniuses or people with slight genetic defects that would make them almost immune from the virus (28 days later). I would almost bet that each continent would have its own special types either from environment influence or from the regions own 'Ink'. Lets face it, as soon as anything happens, people love to experiment with it. And we all secretly have the maniacal laugh hidden away.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by jackd87 View Post
    I think using any form of logic, we can derive that whilst Ink made LA and the surrounding area pretty awful, there would have been similar archetypal characters across the globe. It seems almost of though Ink was more like an obsessive rather than a genius that saw it coming. There are plenty of these around (all the end is nigh types) along with all of the actual geniuses or people with slight genetic defects that would make them almost immune from the virus (28 days later). I would almost bet that each continent would have its own special types either from environment influence or from the regions own 'Ink'. Lets face it, as soon as anything happens, people love to experiment with it. And we all secretly have the maniacal laugh hidden away.
    Not so sure about that. Look at all of the things that took place for Ink to take advantage of the situation.
    1. The smarter you are in life..... Ink was one smart cookie. Extremely smart. A LOT of that held over into his transformation. Million to one odds.
    2. He just happened to have the one symbol tattooed on him that that would protect him. Seven billion to one odds.
    3. Smart guy? CHECK. Protection symbol? CHECK. Determining that one of your protection symbols actually worked? What are the odds?
    4. Smart, able to manipulate other zombies AND create Super-zombie zombies.....

To sum up the odds against this happening elsewhere I'll offer a lame joke told to me by a Math professor: When a statistician passes the airport security check, they discover a bomb in his bag. He explains. "Statistics shows that the probability of a bomb being on an airplane is 1/1000000. However, the chance that there are two bombs at one plane is 1/1000000000000. So, I am much safer..."

Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Aug 11th, 2014 at 05:30 AM.
    Likes Kc, airrunner, LiamKerrington liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Not so sure about that. Look at all of the things that took place for Ink to take advantage of the situation.
    1. The smarter you are in life..... Ink was one smart cookie. Extremely smart. A LOT of that held over into his transformation. Million to one odds.
    2. He just happened to have the one symbol tattooed on him that that would protect him. Seven billion to one odds.
    3. Smart guy? CHECK. Protection symbol? CHECK. Determining that one of your protection symbols actually worked? What are the odds?
    4. Smart, able to manipulate other zombies AND create Super-zombie zombies.....

To sum up the odds against this happening elsewhere I'll offer a lame joke told to me by a Math professor: When a statistician passes the airport security check, they discover a bomb in his bag. He explains. "Statistics shows that the probability of a bomb being on an airplane is 1/1000000. However, the chance that there are two bombs at one plane is 1/1000000000000. So, I am much safer..."

First off....great joke and pretty sensible if you ask me.

Yes Ink was amazingly smart, not smart enough not to be caught by the cops it seems but smart non the less. There are/must be many much smarter than Ink, yes odds of these surviving due to well lets face it most genius generally are not fit enough to survive the apocalypse, to go along with the "the smarter you are in life" phrase that must be mean that there are some extremely smart zombies running around or rolling around in the case of Prof. Hawkins. Potentially smart enough to not need the symbol tattooed on them but smart enough to cause plenty of issues for any local survivors. From what is seems that zombies are able to learn and adapt, rather than just being mindless animals or else they would not be able to take orders from Ink in the first place. Therefore genius zombies would again be able to learn perhaps beyond the point of needing the symbols at all. Its a working theory I know but one that I feel has some evidence within the WA world. (zombie hiding behind the counter when they try to tag them or the radon labs guy trying to jump Saul, Angel and Burt) I agree that the odds are pretty prolific, but then again we have to remember that according the theory of infinity, all things are infinitely possible. If one version of Ink exists then it is infinitely possible that some other form exists. To quote the great John Hammond (Jurassic Park) "Life will find a way"
    Likes Kc, airrunner, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    During the finale Q/A, I think KC said his preference is to write about places he knows about firsthand, so any WA stories happening in the UK would need to hold off until he gets a chance to visit there. How about a place he does know about, like Iraq? Even though the U.S.'s formal involvement there is over, there must still be military personnel stationed there. Having a zombie story take place outside of the typical first world settings would be novel, especially in a place that already is unstable to begin with. I totally could see a way to tie it in to the main story as perhaps the side story could be told from the perspective of a friend of Michael's stlll in Iraq at the time of the infection being released. Of course, now would not be the best time considering the real world horrors going on over there in the Kurdish region.
    Likes jackd87 liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered

PSN ID: BlueLightMoths Steam ID: burgerbros
    I am seeing lots of spin offs here.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by jackd87 View Post
    First off....great joke and pretty sensible if you ask me.

Yes Ink was amazingly smart, not smart enough not to be caught by the cops it seems but smart non the less. There are/must be many much smarter than Ink, yes odds of these surviving due to well lets face it most genius generally are not fit enough to survive the apocalypse, to go along with the "the smarter you are in life" phrase that must be mean that there are some extremely smart zombies running around or rolling around in the case of Prof. Hawkins. Potentially smart enough to not need the symbol tattooed on them but smart enough to cause plenty of issues for any local survivors. From what is seems that zombies are able to learn and adapt, rather than just being mindless animals or else they would not be able to take orders from Ink in the first place. Therefore genius zombies would again be able to learn perhaps beyond the point of needing the symbols at all. Its a working theory I know but one that I feel has some evidence within the WA world. (zombie hiding behind the counter when they try to tag them or the radon labs guy trying to jump Saul, Angel and Burt) I agree that the odds are pretty prolific, but then again we have to remember that according the theory of infinity, all things are infinitely possible. If one version of Ink exists then it is infinitely possible that some other form exists. To quote the great John Hammond (Jurassic Park) "Life will find a way"
    Can someone(Or thing) learn beyond the symbols? They can. In fact, Randy sort of did. If he was the one marking them- he would have to have some semblance of control over it.
    Likes zombie Danny liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    I should have remembered Randy! Thanks KC, But then I ask, why did Randy have the control over it? He was not shown to be extremely smart before or have any indication towards knowledge of these things. I would assume that Ink gave him the ability to think for himself and then taught him the importance of the symbols?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast