User Tag List

Page 207 of 235 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2341
    "Lurker"

Status

Hi everyone!

My name is Jessica, and though I came across We're Alive when I first got an iPhone about a year and a half ago, I didn't actually start listening to it until a couple of weeks ago. Someone I follow on Twitter who listens to another podcast I follow mentioned something about We're Alive, which got me curious to see what it was all about. I'm already halfway through the third season, and I'm hoping to catch up in time to catch the series finale, especially since it'll the last time something like this is done. I'm not sure if I'll make it or not, because along with listening to the actual episodes, I'm also making my way through the other podcasts related to We're Alive as well, currently the We're Not Dead, though I'll be listening to the We're Alive Fancast once I start season 4, so I'll be listening to double the amount of podcasts for a few chapters, until We're Not Dead ceased its podcasting around chapter 40 or so, though I've yet to hear the reason behind it, though hopefully there is one.
    Being visually impaired, I'm not a gamer or comic book person like I'm sure a lot of you are, though I read a lot of books in general, just not comics. If anyone has any good zombie novel recommendations, feel free to either reply here or send me a private message. We're Alive is the first zombie story I've come across in an audio drama format, so I'm curious to find other zombie fiction. I can only think of two novels offhand, so I'm sure I'm missing a lot.

I'm currently on summer break between semesters of college, where I'm working to get a degree in social work, to eventually become a rehabilitation counselor for other visually impaired people, helping them to find work, or get an education, or just get equipment that they can use to make living independently easier. This has turned into a longer ramble than I meant it to be, though hopefully no one cares too much.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by MissWings1981 View Post
    Hi everyone!

My name is Jessica, and though I came across We're Alive when I first got an iPhone about a year and a half ago, I didn't actually start listening to it until a couple of weeks ago. Someone I follow on Twitter who listens to another podcast I follow mentioned something about We're Alive, which got me curious to see what it was all about. I'm already halfway through the third season, and I'm hoping to catch up in time to catch the series finale, especially since it'll the last time something like this is done. I'm not sure if I'll make it or not, because along with listening to the actual episodes, I'm also making my way through the other podcasts related to We're Alive as well, currently the We're Not Dead, though I'll be listening to the We're Alive Fancast once I start season 4, so I'll be listening to double the amount of podcasts for a few chapters, until We're Not Dead ceased its podcasting around chapter 40 or so, though I've yet to hear the reason behind it, though hopefully there is one.
    Being visually impaired, I'm not a gamer or comic book person like I'm sure a lot of you are, though I read a lot of books in general, just not comics. If anyone has any good zombie novel recommendations, feel free to either reply here or send me a private message. We're Alive is the first zombie story I've come across in an audio drama format, so I'm curious to find other zombie fiction. I can only think of two novels offhand, so I'm sure I'm missing a lot.

I'm currently on summer break between semesters of college, where I'm working to get a degree in social work, to eventually become a rehabilitation counselor for other visually impaired people, helping them to find work, or get an education, or just get equipment that they can use to make living independently easier. This has turned into a longer ramble than I meant it to be, though hopefully no one cares too much.
    Welcome Jessica @MissWings1981 ! At the rate you're going you should have no problem getting all caught up by the series finale. The trend is that most fans fly through the series within a few short weeks. As for We're Not Dead (May they Rest In Peace) ended due to scheduling conflicts and constraints of the hosts. We're poking them with sticks for a final episode in some form or fashion. I have started to read a zombie series called Deadlocked, that I found entertaining. It's a lot different from We're Alive in that the pace is must faster and deals mostly with immediate survival rather than long term.

-Witch Doctor
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by General Malarky View Post
    I'm sitting at my dinner table playing cards about a week before Christmas, and my grandma just randomly tells me, "Hey, you should check out this podcast!" So I check it out and I'm instantly hooked. The End.
    @General Malarky has the coolest grandma of all time. OF ALL TIME!
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Teldra View Post
    Hi Everyone, just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed listening to We're Alive. Unfortunately, I only discovered the show recently, and was sad to see it was finishing so soon after I started listening! I only have a few chapters to go before I am caught up, so that will probably be just in time for the finale. So I'm looking forward to being able to share in the discussions about the ending. Not looking forward to finishing the show though, what am I going to listen to on long drives after this?
    Nice of you to join us @Teldra . Yeah, it sad to see it ending.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Hi

I started listening at the end of season 1. I was amazed at how addicted I got to WA. I'm from Mass and I tell everyone I can about the show and only a few would even give it a shot to listen and they're addicted as I am. I found WA thru iTunes randomly and so lucky/happy I did. I do admit I'm a bit sad it's coming to an end but my excitement for the finale is almost too much for me to handle lol this show is what makes Mondays more bearable hahaha

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Bippian View Post
    I started listening at the end of season 1. I was amazed at how addicted I got to WA. I'm from Mass and I tell everyone I can about the show and only a few would even give it a shot to listen and they're addicted as I am. I found WA thru iTunes randomly and so lucky/happy I did. I do admit I'm a bit sad it's coming to an end but my excitement for the finale is almost too much for me to handle lol this show is what makes Mondays more bearable hahaha
    Welcome to the end! Muahahahaaaaa....

Glad to have you, have fun with us when we talk about the last episode.....

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Hi fellow We're Alive Forumites from Philly.

I can't say I'm a lurker although I've known about the Forum for a while. I started listening to We're Alive less than 2 months ago on the advice of my best friend (I don't know how he found out but it's not because of Greg Miller). I took me no time to become completely hooked on this show. We're Alive has become my favorite piece of fiction of any kind, IN ANY MEDIUM, for like the past 10 years. It's been a long time since a particular work made me cry in one instance (Lizzie/Datu episode) and then made me laugh uncontrollable during another (Victor's Frodo joke) all while filling me with excitement and dread in almost every episode.

Since I started I have listened to the whole series (up to the finale) twice (including the freakin season recaps). I've finished all of We're Not Dead and am halfway through the We're Alive Fancast. Though I have known about the Forum I chose not to log into it until today to minimize hearing about everyone's predictions. I really love feeling the rush of not having any clue about what's going to happen and just letting K.C. work his magic. For instance, had I been reading the Forum all along Tanya being revealed to be Saul's mom would never have been the complete shock that it was to me. If you burn through the episodes - because they've long since been released - you really don't have time to speculate on who Tanya is and whether she is connected to the Tower, as within an hour or so the connection is made clear. Based on what I heard on WND I feel like the Forum had already figured out that connection way before the reveal episode. To hear We're Alive as one long finished work, with no need to wait between breaks, is perhaps a different experience than what most of you had. That said, I feel so guilty that I never had to wait weeks between episodes and chapter cliffhangers (well, except for the finale) as many of you did. It would have been so annoying!

Anyway it's pretty late here on the East Coast and I need to get to bed. So, in closing, I'm so jealous of all of you out in L.A. who got to hear the series finale and party with the cast and crew. With all the podcasts I feel like everyone is already my friend, including Forum denizens like Britt, Greg (I'm glad Pete made it through until the final episode), Nik Voodoo, Red Beard, Mick, Osirus (sorry, I'm hoping Scratch bites it because she scares me), Redshirt, Witchdoctor, whoever the guy is with the crow theory (Grog?), and the rest of you. You all sound like fun people and I enjoyed hearing your voices or hearing about your thoughts in WND and WA Fancast.

I won't post again for another week as I'm planning on downloading the finale on Monday and then having my own listening party with my friend later in the week. I don't want to know ANYTHING about it beforehand. I hope to be a much more active Forum poster though I fear I may have already missed the boat and that most of you will have already moved on with the close of the series.

Anyway, for those who went, hope you're having a blast in L.A.

Oh and thank you K.C. for this amazing show! It's so good that I can forgive you and Blair for not liking "Frozen" (one of my favorite pieces of fiction of the year, though certainly not on the level of We're Alive).

--Eric

"Lurker"

Status
    HOW DO YOU STREAM ON YOUR xBOX 360!?

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points
    My name is Eli and I live in Michigan, USA. I have lived a few places outside of the US before 1985. I work as a supervisor in a Global Command Center for a bank. I like to write and role play as well as play video games, been doing that for 20+ years. I don't play as much games as I used to because life happens.
    Likes airrunner liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Hello,

I'm Erica. Certified elementary school teacher, using my teaching degree to plan and design curriculum in a college setting. Decided I wasn't a big fan of the 1-6 graders after doing my student teaching. I enjoy writing, and I love to read, run, and cook.

I discovered the We're Alive Podcast after reading the Slow Burn series (which I highly recommend, by the way for those who enjoy the infected/zombie genre). After blazing through the first 5 volumes in the Slow Burn series in a little under 2 weeks, I knew I'd have a while to wait for book 6 (Fall 2014, to be exact), and in need of a fix, a Google search led me to the podcast, and eventually to the forum, here.

I have only made it to chapter 27 of the podcasts, but I've enjoyed every one of them. I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone to fill in some of the blanks I haven't been able to fill in for myself, related to the storyline, and to read others reviews, as well as get to know others who enjoy the genre I enjoy so much.
    Likes airrunner liked this post

Page 207 of 235 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast