User Tag List

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by katlero View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but is there a juvenile detention center in LA? Specifically close to the rest of the action? I keep thinking a hospital would have at least been attempted to be cleared out, but a juvie? Along the same lines as the jail and already captive test subjects.
    Whoa, devious mind at work here.... I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    There are four Juvenile Detention Facilities in LA County, only one of which is in the city limits. That one, Eastlake Juvenile Hall, is a mile or so east of the Twin Towers, on the other side of the 5 Freeway. It looks like another big campus.

The LA Children's Hospital is maybe five miles northwest of the Twin Towers.
    And more devious thinking. Not sure how the population of a hospital would have fared early in the outbreak. Unless there may have been some sort of isolation or lockdown, I would think the population would have either bolted or been overrun like everywhere else.

The detention centers though.... Those could have maintained a decent population of unturned for a little while until Ink got there. But it would have meant he, or someone, got there and secured it very soon after the outbreak (hours? a day?) to keep a bunch of kids alive and unturned.

I wonder if he really does require kids to make "fully potent" Little Ones? Or was it that his first successes came from kids but he's got it down now?
    Likes Gooer liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Re:Latch

When I said Scratch and Latch I did mean Latch. I was talking about Season 1. Those two did not seem to have much of a problem with the biters, unlike the others in the story. Scratch cannot break Latch out of Eastern Bay until the riot was in full boil. Things must be pretty bad for the Prison to be accessible. While everyone in LA is being eaten or hiding, she springs the mallers. Eastern Bay is by the ocean. Then L&S go to Locked and loaded which is on the other side if the city. The most direct route goes right through ground zero. So, I say again, it seems L&S move around pretty well amongst the biters 1.0.

Scratch is fixated on Pegs. Yes, Pegs did kill Latch, but damn. He died in a breach of the tower in a fatal funnel; silhouetted in a friggin window. That just screams Caualty! So, is it just the killing, or is there something else?

I still do not understand why she is so amazed and jealous that the people leaving the Colony "have a lot of Shit". LA has enough stuff for 5 million people. Why can't they just loot some for themselves?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurLoved3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    I don't like the hand waving to explain the behemots question, though. Michael's question about them is not answered by Tanya. "Walls don't matter with Behemots" "Yeah, but it was really dark in there." Wait, what?!and there ia a bunch of other overlooked passages, but I'm on my phone and I hate writing on this
    I thought there was something odd and dismissive about this conversation too, to be honest, but I think my problem with it is something along the lines of:

Tanya thinks they are likely to be stupid and reject Ink's authority and would be uncontrollable. But would it not be the case that the stupider they are, the more likely they are to accept authority unquestioningly, whereas the smarter ones would be more likely to go off-piste?

Presumably it also doesn't necessarily follow that the most dumb criminals would be in solitary.

Either way, I would agree that it seems likely that they are an initial experiment by Ink, who has since moved on to other projects. They do seem to be merrily taking care of themselves and dying off, so leaving them to it seems like a pretty good idea, though i think they need some contingency in case they do break out.

The other interesting thing that I'm thinking about is how much of a leap it is between the behemoths and the little ones. They're structurally very different- did Ink do any other experiments before he settled on the Little ones? or did he just hit it really lucky in being able to perfect a technique so soon after the first one failed?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurLoved3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Good points, but I cannot discount the possibility, that the turned might take on some of the aspects of the little ones, say nearly bullet proof skin, but they may still lack other.
    I keep thinking of religious allegory. children brought up in a belief system are a lot more likely to follow it unquestioningly and be more controllable than those brought up outside a particular religion. Could it possibly be the same with the Little Ones? Whilst they can be made from adults, he needs them from a younger age to be able to control them more?
    Likes skankyfish, Red Shirt, scbubba liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWildfire View Post
    I keep thinking of religious allegory. children brought up in a belief system are a lot more likely to follow it unquestioningly and be more controllable than those brought up outside a particular religion. Could it possibly be the same with the Little Ones? Whilst they can be made from adults, he needs them from a younger age to be able to control them more?
    I like this a lot for a slightly different reason. We are pretty sure that KC's "Zombies" are not mindless eating / rage monster machines. If Ink is providing an ideology, it is possible to negotiate and eventually have peace with an intelligence.
    Likes scbubba, ZombieWildfire liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedBeard View Post
    Friggin! Cabbage Patch nice one. Also anyone recognize the subtitle from this episode? If not there's a surprise in this week's episode of the We're Alive Fancast.
    Well, it's quite close to the one from 41.3, which, as far as I can see, is the same as the one from 25.2.
    Other than that... Well, it reminded me of the song 'Where are we going from here' by Blackmore's Night.

And a thought I just had... Wouldn't it be fun if Scratch isn't looking for Pegs anymore, but Lizzy? They just refered to her as "she" in the scene, no name's mentioned... Far fetched, but still... It's the last season, the crazy theories need to pop up now, before it's too late.
    Likes MrRedBeard liked this post

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Is it me or is Scratch marching into her own death? She been clever and a fighter but every-time she gotten against the tower and/or the colony she had an advantage over the situation. This will be the first time that she has no idea of what is going on. Even Tardust sound hesitate to her madness. She about to enter semi-alerted colony, prepare for a zombie attack, without any knowledge of who is in there. I don't even think she know that there a camera network setup to watch zombie movement around the area. I think her blind rage is about get herself killed. What if Michael decide to "send" a group to the prison to bait her and use that as a deathtrap for the mallers ?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Is it me or is Scratch marching into her own death? She been clever and a fighter but every-time she gotten against the tower and/or the colony she had an advantage over the situation. This will be the first time that she has no idea of what is going on. Even Tardust sound hesitate to her madness. She about to enter semi-alerted colony, prepare for a zombie attack, without any knowledge of who is in there. I don't even think she know that there a camera network setup to watch zombie movement around the area. I think her blind rage is about get herself killed. What if Michael decide to "send" a group to the prison to bait her and use that as a deathtrap for the mallers ?
    *said with heavy Spanish accent*
    "It's called... Vendetta."
    Likes zombie Danny liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Scratch is back and I'm all
    Likes Gooer liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Pete is a spy for scratch, just say'n.

Who doesn't want the well fixed because it is bad for business? Pete

Who is staying behind because of their shop? Pete

Who has the worst reason for staying behind? Pete

Who got over the wall without getting stopped by the prisoners? Pete

Where has scratch been getting drinkable water so close to the colony? Pete

Pete is staying behind for scratch not for his little water shop that he won't be able to stay at once everyone leaves. /mycrazyprediction
    Likes Red Shirt, kent17, Elisa, Storm, Gooer liked this post

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast