Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post

Now, I guess, we need to consider one important detail: from what I understand from Michael's, Victor's and R2Da2's observation, the zombies seemed to have modified/ fortified/ secured the structure of their tunnels with kind of organic stuff - most likely the remains of the dead people and zombies. What, if they used a huge amount of zombie-flesh for this task in the area of Inglewood? Considering the amount of likely zombie-bodies available that would explain why the haze was there for at least three seasons. In season #4 the zombies might have proceded with this task another time (new Little One breeds gone wrong and recycled to become part of the wall of flesh), which let a new haze reappear when Tanya and Victor showed up for some air-samples at ground zero.

Granted: If the zombies have done something like that, the tunnels must have been filled with those gases a lot. Yes. But with those cracks in the ground at Inglewood the gases could dissipate easily - especially, if there are enough open gaps in the system if the tunnels.

Best wishes.
Liam
Bingo! My first thought after hearing Tanya mentioning the gas in the mortuary was that the tunnels are lined with some sort of zombie remains. At first, I thought the gas emitted from the remains build pressure and may have caused some sort of seismic activity, like the local earthquake at Ground Zero around the time the haze reappeared. Hence, the title, "Under Pressure." But that would mean that needs to be corpse-filled tunnels under ground zero, and/or local earthquakes that have yet to be experienced near the tunnels.