User Tag List

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Gamertag: Bleulilydragon PSN ID: Lilydragon83
    My significant other has a sward under our bed, and two unsharpened ones in our closet. Otherwise, I'd go for my large kitchen knives. 6"-7" sarated blade knives. And I have a tazer. We have bars on our windows. There is also a police substation less than a mile away. And once things calmed down I would head to Arizona to raid a medical supply warehouse. I would then try to learn archery. I wouldn't want to get up close and personal with a Z if I didn't have to.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Thirty one pages later and mild ADD so apologies if this has been discussed already.

Any ideas how to get out of a 30 story office tower in the downtown core? I recently switched jobs and all I can think about in this new place is that I'd be completely fucked in the case of Z-Day or even a large scale disaster.

Getting out of the building would be the most immediate issue, of course. There are two scenarios I've considered. First: Try and get out in the initial panic when there's more chance of the Z's being distracted. Down side is there is just too much you can't control in that case. Second: Hide out in my over-sized closet that locks from the inside for some reason and try to sneak out after the panic has subsided. This would probably be the more dangerous idea as it'd be too easy to draw attention and get turned into a snack.

Second problem: Roads in and out of downtown are congested at the best of times and I can only imagine it'd be a parking lot at the worst so vehicular travel is out. Running/bicycling would be a more likely way to get out except you've got the crowds to contend with. Plus, just past the north end of the central part of the city is a rail yard surrounded by fairly high fences which obviously impedes travel. It'd be good if/when you're over the fence to buy some time but not blocked off enough to keep the Z's out completely.

At the end of the day, if SHTF, I think I'd be toast.

"Lurker"

Status
    I would never want to stay in this house, as it's just positioned terribly. It could easily be swarmed, and there are several ways to make your way inside.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    Thirty one pages later and mild ADD so apologies if this has been discussed already.

Any ideas how to get out of a 30 story office tower in the downtown core? I recently switched jobs and all I can think about in this new place is that I'd be completely fucked in the case of Z-Day or even a large scale disaster.

Getting out of the building would be the most immediate issue, of course. There are two scenarios I've considered. First: Try and get out in the initial panic when there's more chance of the Z's being distracted. Down side is there is just too much you can't control in that case. Second: Hide out in my over-sized closet that locks from the inside for some reason and try to sneak out after the panic has subsided. This would probably be the more dangerous idea as it'd be too easy to draw attention and get turned into a snack.

Second problem: Roads in and out of downtown are congested at the best of times and I can only imagine it'd be a parking lot at the worst so vehicular travel is out. Running/bicycling would be a more likely way to get out except you've got the crowds to contend with. Plus, just past the north end of the central part of the city is a rail yard surrounded by fairly high fences which obviously impedes travel. It'd be good if/when you're over the fence to buy some time but not blocked off enough to keep the Z's out completely.

At the end of the day, if SHTF, I think I'd be toast.
    Carry a Back Pack with you with supplies to last you a few days. Stay put till you can safely get out, by then the rush will be calm. That would be your Third Option.
    I think your chance of not surviving is greater when running out in a rush. Mainly from other people.

"Lurker"

Status
    Carry a Back Pack with you with supplies to last you a few days. Stay put till you can safely get out, by then the rush will be calm. That would be your Third Option.
    I think your chance of not surviving is greater when running out in a rush. Mainly from other people.
    That's what I call a nice advice!

"Lurker"

Status
    I would probably prepare my axes, mauls and other professional tools, you know, some of these (https://cozyhousetoday.com/best-splitting-maul-reviews), and will prepare myself physically, as well as mentally to meet them It's not hard at all. The main thing - is practice. You can gain enough practice for couple of months.
    Last edited by JaccobZ; May 10th, 2021 at 11:14 PM.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031