User Tag List

Thread: sad news

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Unhappy sad news

had some sad news at work today. one of the fabricators, had committed suicide over the weekend. I barely new him, we only talked a few times.

we don't know what demons possesses our fellow man, until its too late. are we caught up with our own demons in our own lives to care about others? or do they hide it so well that we cant see it. I have a feeling that's both.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Uuuuuuuugh.

I want to tie a zombie reference into this. The humorous joking stand-up comedy part of me.

I have lost a couple coworkers over the years, and it is awful when it happens.

I have problems with suicide. I know exactly what you're thinking. "Is there anything, with my interactions I had with him, that I could have done to prevent this?"

An old friend's sister committed suicide, and the one thing she couldn't stop saying was, "What made her think that he problems would not come with her, or get worse after doing this?"

Death is part of life. When someone takes their own life, the only sensible rationale to take out of it is that they were ready. Whether they left a suicide note explaining it, or not. It was their decision, and the easiest thing to think is that their resolution they found out of it all, they were able to complete successfully, so the best that can be wished for is that at their last possible moment they found happiness - and maybe they are happier now.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NickShades View Post
    Uuuuuuuugh.

I want to tie a zombie reference into this. The humorous joking stand-up comedy part of me.

I have lost a couple coworkers over the years, and it is awful when it happens.

I have problems with suicide. I know exactly what you're thinking. "Is there anything, with my interactions I had with him, that I could have done to prevent this?"

An old friend's sister committed suicide, and the one thing she couldn't stop saying was, "What made her think that he problems would not come with her, or get worse after doing this?"

Death is part of life. When someone takes their own life, the only sensible rationale to take out of it is that they were ready. Whether they left a suicide note explaining it, or not. It was their decision, and the easiest thing to think is that their resolution they found out of it all, they were able to complete successfully, so the best that can be wished for is that at their last possible moment they found happiness - and maybe they are happier now.
    no I dont think so. he was going through some rough times and people at work that knew him better were trying to help.
    however, nothing worked.
    I dont mean to sound callus about it. stuff like this, if the people have made up their mind to do it. they are going to do it. you cant stop them, even if you catch them.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Yep, its tragic, painful and messed up.. Once done.. game over, full stop, worse is sadly we get over it and forget those who took the easy option, at least that's what we try to convince ourselves, just gets easier as time goes by. Sadly I've known and loved 1 person in my life who has killed themselves.. out of the blue type shit. And frankly as much as I try to comprehend it, to philosophise and all that.. saying they must have gone through some serious mental anguish or suffered some kind of chemical imbalance that forced them to get to that point in life and whatever have you.. but yeh at the end of the day I can't help but think its fucking weak. He left behind a loving family and friends. The angry side of me feels that unless you're in total agony dying of horrible cancer or something evil or you committed heinous crimes like habitually raping children in the old outback church shit house and simply realise you shamefully deserve it.. then fair enough.. hang yourself silly... But ffs we all go through shit. Ya all that aside though, it's just plain sad. Scares me to think that someone could lived to their age as a relatively sane, rational, intelligent, funny and more importantly valuable person etc would do something so damned final. Anyway I'm just having a rant. Just sad and bewildering. Sorry you had to deal with it be it an acquaintance.
    Dunk to Death, Bless this Mess