User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you ok with Burt torturing Scratch?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - She deserved it, a riteous way to end a villian who will live on in infamy.

6 54.55%
  • No - All torture is midevil and unnessecary

3 27.27%
  • Indifferent.

2 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Burt Torturing Scratch

Just curious how the WA community reacted to Burt burying Scratch alive. Seems kind of strange for him to inherit the job of Military trainer knowing what he did. So how do you guys feel about it?

To me personally, I can see why he did it, but I wouldn't say I would have done the same. I would have just ended her there when she fell off of the fire escape and been done with it.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    I'd say, an eye for an eye. She tortured the shit out of him, took a finger, starved him. He got the position because he is ex military, and trustworthy.
    Likes Merlin1274 liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

I would have been disappointed if she was just killed with a bullet... As she says, it's too quick. I hadn't seen her ending up being buried alive, but... I love it!
    A terrible way to die indeed... But she'll have plenty of time to think... She liked giving people time to think about what she was doing too, when she cut their throats...
    Likes DagnyTag liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

She wasn't killed outright during the conflict, so what options were there with Scratch?
    1. Leave her where she fell? (Compare leaving her she fell near Dunbar to leaving her where she fell if the battle took place on some random street corner from which our survivors escaped.)
    2. Giving her aid and tending to her wounds. (What do you do afterwards? Imprison her? Let her go? Abandon her far away?)
    3. Killing her quickly? (Were her wounds life-threatening to the point that available medical attention couldn't help; thus killing her would be a mercy killing? Or, could she have survived her injuries with little to no aid? If it were the latter, then there can be, at the least, three reason's for killing her; punishment-retribution-revenge or as a matter of convenience to avoid having to tend to a very bad enemy or to avoid the difficulty in exploring any of the other options.

Of course, these are probably not the only other options. But each of these presents a whole new set of moral and practical problems. Just a little extra food for thought for the discussion.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Storm liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    I would have Chained her to a post and let some rambling Zombies make a Mid afternoon snack of her..

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Could have let her turned, chain her up in a shed and play video games with her. I learned a lot from Shaun of the Dead

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    I would've loved for her to die in battle, or to get away somehow.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

I would have tried anything to cain her to the colony and make her fit in the one or the other way. She was a powerful woman, and would have loved to see that power used for creative and good work.

But that's just the idealistic perspective. And I understand that such an approach might have caused even more trouble and might have cost a lot energy and maybe even some more lives. But, hell, it was Scratch herself who should how "good" she could be; she made protecting Lizzy and the Baby her personal top priority mission. So there is the potential for good stuff with her.

Anyway: I disagree with Burt having killed her the way he did. But I understand him very well regardless of what my opinion about his deed is. If I were in a similar situation, I might have pulled the trigger. Or another "cruel" thing to do would have been this: Take her, give her a little amount of water and food for maybe two days to last; no weapons at all; transport her into a very deserted area far away from the colony; drop her out into the street and release her to her personal fate. She might have survived that way; she might have died; but without a group of survivors she could control and without any gun, she wouldn't have been another real threat for anyone - I guess. Or at least: I would hope.
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Anyway: I disagree with Burt having killed her the way he did. But I understand him very well regardless of what my opinion about his deed is. If I were in a similar situation, I might have pulled the trigger. Or another "cruel" thing to do would have been this: Take her, give her a little amount of water and food for maybe two days to last; no weapons at all; transport her into a very deserted area far away from the colony; drop her out into the street and release her to her personal fate. She might have survived that way; she might have died; but without a group of survivors she could control and without any gun, she wouldn't have been another real threat for anyone - I guess. Or at least: I would hope.
    This is how sequels are made........

The whole "Oh there is no way she would survive" thing..... and then next thing you know she survives and is right back at your door killing people again......

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

I like to consider myself a fair and just person; I also think that revenge is necessary, especially if you want to be at peace with yourself (and are in a zombie apocalypse where really anything goes). In my mind Scratch got what she deserved and Burt did it in good taste. I found it delightful, because in a way he won't have her literal blood on his hands, this leaves her with plenty of time to think and shout until her throat is coarse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast