User Tag List

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Miharu View Post
    No idea. Me personally, I hear: "Michael! I can see 'em! You were right! It ????...!" Then it's played once again when he and Victor return.
    Interesting. I get. "Michael. Michael. I see them. You were right. There were more!" In the background are the sounds of a large horde of zombies surrounding Saul.

As for the repeat of these words when CJ asked Michael if Saul did it, I take that to mean Michael recalling that the last words Saul spoke to anyone were directed at him and it causes him pain to think about so he tells CJ to just leave it at that.

I hadn't thought of it as a recording. Did the radios have a recording feature on them? Also, Michael was practically ejected out of the tunnel after the C4 blast. He even lost his tank. I would think that his radio may have been heavily damaged or destroyed in the process.

BTW, how did people feel about not finding out more about Ink's new creation? It very much felt like watching the "Return of the King" and never seeing Sauron make a reappearance in full force because he never got his ring back. During most of three "Lord of the Ring" movies, I felt the menace of Sauron possibly reuniting with his ring, only to never witness the payoff. After the fact I rationalized this as being a good thing in my head thinking that realistically if Sauron had retrieved his ring, Middle Earth would have been doomed. Just like if we had gotten a glimpse of a the new creation it probably would have meant it had escaped the tunnel and that the survivors would be doomed as a result. I'm guessing Ink had perfected what he wanted out of a zombie soldier in this new creation.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Liquid View Post
    Maybe CJ asked if they had any recordings from what happened or Michael mentioned that they recorded his last words. I figure pretty much anyone would have wanted to hear the last things their friend said since they would never hear his voice again.
    Nice catch Miharu and Snake Liquid. I definitely hear the beep while CJ is talking to Michael. So I guess they did record Saul's voice. Sounds to me like CJ had gotten her hands on the radio and did a quick rewind to hear what the last words were. This is completely in character as she prefers to know things first hand, rather than via hearsay. At that point she says to Michael "He did it..." as though she was listening to the recording and referring to it. Michael turns off the recording and says "just leave it at that," which is when you hear the beeps. I know this is a cut off because originally Saul says "You were right. There were more." (at least that's what I think he says) and in the playback it's only "You were right." before the recording is cut off, presumably by Michael.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by REZombie View Post
    But i really want to say THANK YOU to all of the cast and crew of this masterpiece! I have never felt so emotionally involved with any characters in any book, movie, game, or anything the way i have with WA. When i put my headphones on and start playing WA its like i become a part of the action. I love it, and just really wanted to say thank you, to everyone involved.
    Love this REZombie!!! I feel the same way. I love the characters so much and feel more connected to them than any character in any other medium I can remember in a long time (this will probably be lost on most people, but the only fiction where I loved the characters this much was a series of fantasy books called Dragonlance that I discovered as a teen). I'm positive the radio drama format really helped connect me to the characters, especially during the age of the smart phone and high quality listening devices like earphones that immerse you in the sounds of what you are listening to.
    Likes REZombie liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    It's crazy not to love Scratch ...
    I do love me some Scratch. I think my favorite line from her is when Kalani and Hannah first meet her after she and Latch pick them up from the Airport. Kalani thanks the brother/sister duo for saving them. Scratch says something like "Relax. You're safe." The way she says "You're safe" is simultaneously soothing and menacing. It's such a great bit of voice acting.

But as much as I love her, I was so paranoid of Scratch. I spent the entire fourth season chasing my own ghosts, but not like Burt and Riley. I wasn't hoping for folks to hunt down Scratch. I wanted the Survivors to stay as far away from her as possible. Any time any of them were alone or in small numbers, I was waiting for Scratch to jump out and kill them: Datu at the water pump station, Pete at the water station later, Tanya at the morgue, Victor, Lizzy, and Saul at Dunbar, Victor on guard duty at the Colony, Pegs on guard duty at the Colony, Hope at the Colony with the radios -- it quickly became Scratch lurking in every shadow to me. I almost found listening to each chapter stressful, because I was so sure Scratch was going to pop out and kill somebody I liked.

That's when I finally told myself to just breathe and trust in KC. His writing has never taken me in a direction that I couldn't handle. And it was true. The ending was wonderful and thoroughly enjoyable.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by airrunner View Post
    I do love me some Scratch. I think my favorite line from her is when Kalani and Hannah first meet her after she and Latch pick them up from the Airport. Kalani thanks the brother/sister duo for saving them. Scratch says something like "Relax. You're safe." The way she says "You're safe" is simultaneously soothing and menacing. It's such a great bit of voice acting.

But as much as I love her, I was so paranoid of Scratch. I spent the entire fourth season chasing my own ghosts, but not like Burt and Riley. I wasn't hoping for folks to hunt down Scratch. I wanted the Survivors to stay as far away from her as possible. Any time any of them were alone or in small numbers, I was waiting for Scratch to jump out and kill them: Datu at the water pump station, Pete at the water station later, Tanya at the morgue, Victor, Lizzy, and Saul at Dunbar, Victor on guard duty at the Colony, Pegs on guard duty at the Colony, Hope at the Colony with the radios -- it quickly became Scratch lurking in every shadow to me. I almost found listening to each chapter stressful, because I was so sure Scratch was going to pop out and kill somebody I liked.

That's when I finally told myself to just breathe and trust in KC. His writing has never taken me in a direction that I couldn't handle. And it was true. The ending was wonderful and thoroughly enjoyable.
    You nailed it. That's the exact same way I see it, I guess.
    in the beginning I was really furios about Scratch and her actions. It started with her killing Charly for absolutely no real reason. She just put blame on him, because she herself was not capable of stopping the "theft", as she calls it.

But what does tell me about Scratch or the actress Jenna? That that early in the story of WA this was some really amazing and fine voice acting. And it kept that way almost the entire time. During season #4 I had the impression that Jenna has lost some of the power for Scratch. But this is, I guess, just the result for Scratch not having been in the focus of the story anymore. Her rare appearances seemed kind of random to me. But I am glad that in chapter #48 Scratch had her great moments after all.

"Scratch" is a matter of perspective, emotion and emotional opinion. As much as I hate her, just as much do I like, if not love her. If I ever had the chance to meet "her" in real life, I would wonder and try, if it is possible, to break through the hard shell she has created around herself. Especially in those moments, when Scratch and Lizzy seemed to "connect", it has become obvious that in her heart she is a good person, who was out and about to finde the peace she longed for for such a loooong time. Would you agree?

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamers503 View Post
    I have GOT to know what Saul is talking about in the moment before he blows the C4! In the 24th minute he gives a final transmission over the radio as Michael and Victor are heading out of the tunnel. The transmission is replayed in the 39th minute when they get back to the others. It sounds like Saul is screaming one of these two things:

A) "Michael, I see him! You were right! It was him!"

B) "Michael, I see it! You were right! It was here!"

No matter how many times I listen to it, I can't tell which line he is saying.

If it's option A, is he talking about Randy? If so, how did Randy make it so far away from the explosion to survive and get killed by Vic a minute later? Was Saul talking about someone else?

If it's option B, then what's the "it" that he's talking about? Am I forgetting about some theory that Michael had earlier in the series?

Usually I would think "it's okay, KC will explain it in a later episode." But DAMMIT, this is it!

Anyone able to shed light on this?
    Kc gave several interviews, in which he explains the situation: In his last moments in life he sees the new breed or next generation of breed Ink has produced. Then he triggers the bomb. According to Kc Saul, Victor, and Michael were just there at the right time to nuke the shit out of this devil's pit.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Nice catch Miharu and Snake Liquid. I definitely hear the beep while CJ is talking to Michael. So I guess they did record Saul's voice. Sounds to me like CJ had gotten her hands on the radio and did a quick rewind to hear what the last words were. This is completely in character as she prefers to know things first hand, rather than via hearsay. At that point she says to Michael "He did it..." as though she was listening to the recording and referring to it. Michael turns off the recording and says "just leave it at that," which is when you hear the beeps. I know this is a cut off because originally Saul says "You were right. There were more." (at least that's what I think he says) and in the playback it's only "You were right." before the recording is cut off, presumably by Michael.
    Also, that wasn't the radios that did the recording. That was Kodi's controller. It was cutting out near the end, but it did manage to record a bit of that segment. No, the other radios don't have the ability to record anything, but Kodi did.

BTW, how did people feel about not finding out more about Ink's new creation? It very much felt like watching the "Return of the King" and never seeing Sauron make a reappearance in full force because he never got his ring back.
    It's intentional for this not to be revealed in the story, it wasn't the right time. Unveiling something very fast at the end of the story just wouldn't give justice to what Ink created.

And that's all I can say.
    Likes Vlarken, airrunner liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    It's intentional for this not to be revealed in the story, it wasn't the right time. Unveiling something very fast at the end of the story just wouldn't give justice to what Ink created.

And that's all I can say.

Ink's latest creation survives the blast and returns in "Tales from We're Alive". Thanks KC! The cliffhangers never stop.
    Likes airrunner, Witch_Doctor, Gooer liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Ink's latest creation survives the blast and returns in "Tales from We're Alive". Thanks KC! The cliffhangers never stop.
    That's what you think....

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by jamers503 View Post
    I have GOT to know what Saul is talking about in the moment before he blows the C4! In the 24th minute he gives a final transmission over the radio as Michael and Victor are heading out of the tunnel. The transmission is replayed in the 39th minute when they get back to the others. It sounds like Saul is screaming one of these two things:

A) "Michael, I see him! You were right! It was him!"

B) "Michael, I see it! You were right! It was here!"

No matter how many times I listen to it, I can't tell which line he is saying.

If it's option A, is he talking about Randy? If so, how did Randy make it so far away from the explosion to survive and get killed by Vic a minute later? Was Saul talking about someone else?

If it's option B, then what's the "it" that he's talking about? Am I forgetting about some theory that Michael had earlier in the series?

Usually I would think "it's okay, KC will explain it in a later episode." But DAMMIT, this is it!

Anyone able to shed light on this?
    Randy was next to Michael, about to kill/turn him, just as he jumped out of the entrance to the cave. If he was next to Saul when Saul said option A, he must of ran fucking fast from the bomb, to the entrance and be ready to pounce Michael :P Haha

But in seriousness, like the others have said, it was option B; the new kind of creation Ink was working on, attempting to reach the surface world, that the guys theorised about, thus the "You were right"

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast