User Tag List

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Aw, KC it sounds like WA is getting too political. I've heard you say that WA was conceived during your time in Iraq. Is WA becoming some kind of crappy commentary on the "War on Terror"?
    So S1 E1, the dude honking his horn in traffic was assaulting the pack of biters?
    Angel, Saul, & Michael attacked at the military base.
    Plllease.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ImPaul View Post
    Aw, KC it sounds like WA is getting too political. I've heard you say that WA was conceived during your time in Iraq. Is WA becoming some kind of crappy commentary on the "War on Terror"?
    So S1 E1, the dude honking his horn in traffic was assaulting the pack of biters?
    Angel, Saul, & Michael attacked at the military base.
    Plllease.
    Can you explain this a bit for me, please? I really don't understand your comment about the show getting to be political and is a commentary on the War on Terror. Thanks.
    Likes Litmaster liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Hello,

So I am wondering if Randy is a good guy and actually was marking Saul with a protection symbol. To me it seems really obvious. Which is why i assume i have missed a really big flaw in that theory.
    It does also explain why Michael is holding off on his explanation of Randy, because if anyone thought that he might be on-side, it would make the bite really obvious. If Saul smells different, he would know that he would not fully turn…

i don't know, i am talking myself in and out of this one…

fantastic episode KC, just incredible. Thank you so very much.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Jannit liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    Can you explain this a bit for me, please? I really don't understand your comment about the show getting to be political and is a commentary on the War on Terror. Thanks.
    KC is saying that people are the aggressors, not the zombies. As if the zombies just want to be left alone. The political mantra from the Left is that USA ( or Christians in general) are the aggressors in the WarOnTerror. We "steal" their oil, promote instability, offend thei r culture, yards yada.

So KC makes a story with HEAVY use of Biblical characters names and explains that the Zombies just want to live and love and be left alone, but evil people chase them down.

This sucks, KC. I hope I'm wrong.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    @ImPaul Definitely a different way of looking at it and it's not something I see at all. Thanks for taking the time to explain your point of view.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    KC is saying that people are the aggressors, not the zombies. As if the zombies just want to be left alone. The political mantra from the Left is that USA ( or Christians in general) are the aggressors in the WarOnTerror. We "steal" their oil, promote instability, offend thei r culture, yards yada.

So KC makes a story with HEAVY use of Biblical characters names and explains that the Zombies just want to live and love and be left alone, but evil people chase them down.

Yeah, no, it's not a commentary at all on the "War on Terror", or has much to do with anything religious. There are some parallels to biblical names that people have drawn, but they're just a basis for what names mean and their origins.

There are some themes that I leave up to interpretation, but it's not about the war on terror. If anything it can be attributed to the enemy not just being flat an non-responsive drone, but a dynamic force that reacts to what others do. You are meant to actually think about the perspective of the antagonists and their mindset, but that's for depth, not a specific social commentary like something you're connecting.
    Last edited by Kc; Jun 16th, 2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Likes kent17, Storm, HardKor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Currently, there's no evidence that he had any knowledge beforehand.

I know I've been dropping far more hints than usual, so this might be my last. The mental state of Bill Roberts prior to the attack isn't well known in the story. We know his occupation, but once he snapped, his logic and motives are suspect from then on. He may in fact have been legitimately crazy. And how would it look when someone on trial tattoos themselves all over their face? Does their mental condition become confirmed?
    What happens when they turn you, and you already a monster?
    Likes EpiEpee, Kc, madmungo liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    I don't think that Michael is hiding anything more from the group about Randy than usual.

The only person he told the story of "Randy & My Broken Arm" to is Datu. So Datu and the journals are the only ones who know it. I don't think there's been a lot of free time for journal transcription or review lately, so no one else has this info.

I think the whole story is being told to us is a flashback. So we have all the peices we need - but several characters do not. Will it lead to the loss of more lives? Only time will tell.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGirl View Post
    I don't think that Michael is hiding anything more from the group about Randy than usual.

The only person he told the story of "Randy & My Broken Arm" to is Datu. So Datu and the journals are the only ones who know it. I don't think there's been a lot of free time for journal transcription or review lately, so no one else has this info.

I think the whole story is being told to us is a flashback. So we have all the peices we need - but several characters do not. Will it lead to the loss of more lives? Only time will tell.
    If you only knew how long it took for us to find out about that story..... Darn you Pegs

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

I disagree. What I got from it is that b/c the didn't roll over and die (The Tower Folk) that Ink got creative. If it were really a "We want to be left alone" they would not have attacked the Colony nor Boulder and Irwin. Those three were unprovoked. I think Tanya is pointing out that Ink being there, and them not dieing, is making Ink step up his game to kill them. Not that he is just misunderstood and wants to be left alone.
    Likes Gooer liked this post

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast