User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    Alright I've got a bit of a theory here:

The "facts":
    Whatever the source of the gas is (either the remains of large numbers of zombie corpses or some sort of other natural deposit) it does seem to be contained underground.
    Ink and his army are also located underground.
    The gas seems to have a strange quality whereby it can both change humans into zombies but also drives zombies away in large concentrations (since no zombies were seen at ground zero while the haze was there.)

So here's my idea:
    What if the haze is not only the cause of the outbreak (possibly) but also the key to defeating Ink. If a large concentration of gas were to be released to flood Ink's tunnels while the zombies are trapped inside (seal up the entrances that Michael, Vic, and Saul are ferreting out) it could kill them. And this could explain why Michael is going back over his journal, he's preparing himself to make a sacrifice by releasing the gas that will trap him as well.

OK you can all take off your
    Mh. Question: the trays in the Mortuary - do they kind of seal of the bodys from the environment? If so, and it looks like that, the gas and the haze evaporate from the dead bodys which were affected by the zombie-agent. It seems to be like a bio-chemical or chemical process going on, although the body of the dead zombie is disfunctional. Unless the zombie-agent is no bacteria, germ or fungus - I think it is neither, but more kind of a chemical cocktail of sorts -, which would survive in an enclosed, almost sealed off, probably kind of cool location, the zombie-agent dissolves the body and releases the gases.

Now, I guess, we need to consider one important detail: from what I understand from Michael's, Victor's and R2Da2's observation, the zombies seemed to have modified/ fortified/ secured the structure of their tunnels with kind of organic stuff - most likely the remains of the dead people and zombies. What, if they used a huge amount of zombie-flesh for this task in the area of Inglewood? Considering the amount of likely zombie-bodies available that would explain why the haze was there for at least three seasons. In season #4 the zombies might have proceded with this task another time (new Little One breeds gone wrong and recycled to become part of the wall of flesh), which let a new haze reappear when Tanya and Victor showed up for some air-samples at ground zero.

Granted: If the zombies have done something like that, the tunnels must have been filled with those gases a lot. Yes. But with those cracks in the ground at Inglewood the gases could dissipate easily - especially, if there are enough open gaps in the system if the tunnels.

Ok. Granted #2: them zombies seem to be affected by the gases as well. Why would they put themselves at such a risk? Good question, which is to be countered by another one: why did the zombies carry away their dead like afrer their war? Their dead bodies had to serve another purpose. Maybe food. Maybe becoming part of the tunnel-system. Maybe becoming a super zombie-gas-chemical bomb underneath LA ...

Best wishes.
    Liam
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Thanks... Now I'm trying to imagine a cross-over between WA and ASOIAF... I guess Michael would be some kind of NW guy... And Saul has finally taken the Black...
    I have a feeling wildfire Works pretty well against zombies
    Ooh, now I'm trying to make Song of Ice and Fire characters into We're Alive and vice-versa too.... Hmm, Riley would be an older Arya. I think Asha Greyjoy would be Scratch. Bricks could be Hodor, lol. Burt could be Lord Commander Mormont. I honestly can't think of any others, but this is fun.
    Likes Storm liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vlarken View Post
    Ooh, now I'm trying to make Song of Ice and Fire characters into We're Alive and vice-versa too.... Hmm, Riley would be an older Arya. I think Asha Greyjoy would be Scratch. Bricks could be Hodor, lol. Burt could be Lord Commander Mormont. I honestly can't think of any others, but this is fun.
    Kimmet might be Aerys Targaryen... That mad king guy, can't remember his number, III or IV or something...Pegs and Saul might be wargs, though none of them has ever warged into either Lady or Mr. Whiskers
    Ooh! Skittles... He just has to be Patchface!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Wondering what any of this has to do with the episode... does it tie in anywhere or are we jumping off track again?
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Concerning Why Skittles Was Not Munched When Dunbar Fell:
    This point, I am admittedly having a hard time with. So we are supposed to believe that, due to his Zombie-Stealth Sweat (and yet unjustified explanation insofar as why his sweat and no other has this particular effect), the Ink-led Zeds charged the castle, running hog wild over all the Dunbar inhabitants but one-- the lonely Skittles, standing petrified by the door as they all flooded past.

We know that Zeds are attracted to not only sweat, but also movement and sound (as testified by the car alarm Saul set off). So why was he not captured then along with the rest? I find it hard to believe that simply having a different scent would suddenly give one a Predator-like invisibility cloak to all things Zed.

Anyone else having trouble with this?
    I am. Mainly because the the McGuffin nature of it. Random guy lets Zombies in... and has invisible zombie sweat. Just very odd.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedBeard View Post
    Its been a very musical thread.

This was also a point of discussion on the FanCast. Right there with you on the torture. Riley is starting to parallel Scratch in some ways and makes me agree with Osiris's thoughts from the last thread a bit more about who was the antagonist.
    No. Bad RedBeard. Bad. The Prison Inmates are not good guys. Bad RedBeard. Bad.
    Likes MrRedBeard liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post

Now, I guess, we need to consider one important detail: from what I understand from Michael's, Victor's and R2Da2's observation, the zombies seemed to have modified/ fortified/ secured the structure of their tunnels with kind of organic stuff - most likely the remains of the dead people and zombies. What, if they used a huge amount of zombie-flesh for this task in the area of Inglewood? Considering the amount of likely zombie-bodies available that would explain why the haze was there for at least three seasons. In season #4 the zombies might have proceded with this task another time (new Little One breeds gone wrong and recycled to become part of the wall of flesh), which let a new haze reappear when Tanya and Victor showed up for some air-samples at ground zero.

Granted: If the zombies have done something like that, the tunnels must have been filled with those gases a lot. Yes. But with those cracks in the ground at Inglewood the gases could dissipate easily - especially, if there are enough open gaps in the system if the tunnels.

Best wishes.
    Liam
    Bingo! My first thought after hearing Tanya mentioning the gas in the mortuary was that the tunnels are lined with some sort of zombie remains. At first, I thought the gas emitted from the remains build pressure and may have caused some sort of seismic activity, like the local earthquake at Ground Zero around the time the haze reappeared. Hence, the title, "Under Pressure." But that would mean that needs to be corpse-filled tunnels under ground zero, and/or local earthquakes that have yet to be experienced near the tunnels.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Verse View Post
    No. Bad RedBeard. Bad. The Prison Inmates are not good guys. Bad RedBeard. Bad.
    You don't seem to understand the subtle difference between antagonist and bad guy.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Wondering what any of this has to do with the episode... does it tie in anywhere or are we jumping off track again?
    Nope, it does not.
    But it provides evidence that there is at least some activity on this forum.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Verse, Storm liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Nope, it does not.
    But it provides evidence that there is at least some activity on this forum.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Things have dropped off considerably in the last few months. I can't imagine how anyone could stand to miss such stimulating and topical conversation.
    Likes MrRedBeard liked this post

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast