User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    "Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    And later that evening, Hope retires to her bedroom with a new-found hobby, thanks to Auntie Kell's fine example:

Hope still wears glasses, does she not?

Likes Litmaster liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

For the first time I started screaming, "Oh my god! Oh my god!" while listening to W.A. Cool feeling.
    The reason was because of the gas in the mortuary. It sounds like the gas is escaping from the decomposing bodies. (Not the other way around, where the gas decomposes the bodies.) The pressure of the gas building up within the bodies causes it to escape as a haze. I wondered if this could be a very ancient agent that seeped underground, escaping through volcanic and tectonic faults, after enough pressure had built up around the globe.

Or, imagine a new ground zero brewing from the 6 million missing decomposing bodies buried under L.A.

Tardust did seem to have an answer that he was holding out from Riley and Burt. He gave the same type of answer as Skittles when Micheal and C.J. asked for his help. Skittles is worried that Ink will know that he help them and Tardust says that Scratch will know that he helped Burt and Riley. So, he's been telling them of places that she could be... Riley:"Where is she?" Tardust: "Dantooine. She's on Dantooine." But he left out a particular one.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    Man, Pegs is such a buzzkill! I think my favorite line of the episode, though, was Kelly saying 'shot shot shot!'. It'd be funny if alcohol actually improved Hope's vision.

About the torture: that was honestly one of the most humane ways to torture someone that they could have imagined. I thought for sure that they were going to beat the crap out of him, or use a knife like the Mallers did on Burt. I think it speaks to their characters that they chose a method that, while surely tiring him out, didn't bring about too much bodily harm. Throughout that entire scene I kept picturing that scene in Game of Thrones wherein the Dothraki tie Dany's would-be-assassin behind to a horse and have him run until he dies. Good thing Burt and Riley aren't Dothraki.
    Likes Storm, Gooer liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    ...the gas in the mortuary. It sounds like the gas is escaping from the decomposing bodies. (Not the other way around, where the gas decomposes the bodies.) The pressure of the gas building up within the bodies causes it to escape as a haze. I wondered if this could be a very ancient agent that seeped underground, escaping through volcanic and tectonic faults, after enough pressure had built up around the globe.

Or, imagine a new ground zero brewing from the 6 million missing decomposing bodies buried under L.A.
    Oh. My. God. Yes!
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Would explain why the zombies just ran past him in Dunbar though..... although i agree, don't understand how/why it works. I trust in Kc to be able to explain it. He isn't a person that just magically makes something work. Remember the skepticism about the symbols?
    I agree. I was one of the biggest people bitching about the symbols. I even coined the Insta-Magic Language term. Now I am ok with it. Doesn't make me scream anymore. It does explain how he lived through Dunbar. Still odd. It could just also be one of those things that is needed to make a story work. This being a fictional story. What are the odds of the world falling to shit, but our core group makes it for the most part. Their Tower has fallen, the Colony Fell apart, they survived two cities falling (The Begining and Baulder), a Nuke... all with only a handful of A-List deaths. If you look at Orginal Dunbar... they all died. The End.

So it could easily be one of the "Suspence of Dis-Belief" needed for a story about Zombies.
    Likes Gooer, MrRedBeard liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    For the first time I started screaming, "Oh my god! Oh my god!" while listening to W.A. Cool feeling.
    The reason was because of the gas in the mortuary. It sounds like the gas is escaping from the decomposing bodies. (Not the other way around, where the gas decomposes the bodies.) The pressure of the gas building up within the bodies causes it to escape as a haze. I wondered if this could be a very ancient agent that seeped underground, escaping through volcanic and tectonic faults, after enough pressure had built up around the globe.

Or, imagine a new ground zero brewing from the 6 million missing decomposing bodies buried under LA.
    think it will top...

Battle of Messines*
    On 7 June 1917, nineteen (of a planned twenty-one) large mines, containing a total of over 455 tons of ammonal explosives, were set off beneath German lines on the Messines-Wytschaete ridge. The explosion, which killed about 10,000 Germans, was heard as far away as London and Dublin. While determining the power of explosions is difficult, this was probably the largest planned explosion in history until the 1945 Trinity atomic weapon test, and the largest non-nuclear planned explosion until the 1947 British Heligoland detonation (below). The Messines mines detonation killed more people than any other non-nuclear man-made explosion in history.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    By the way, I would like to point out that there are still more inhumane torture methods than the the one applied on Tardust.

What the.....

That's just gross.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post

Haze in the Mortuary.
    So Tanya seems to be through the woods when it comes to infection (although I know I can't be the only one who thought she was about to turn when she had to go back into the mortuary to get her notes. Always a bad sign when information is about to be delivered but has to be stalled.) But she is still showing signs of immunity. I really don't know what to make of all this other than what we've already learned.
    The other interesting thing is that the haze seems to comes from the decomposing zombie corpses (or maybe the gas gets trapped in the zombies and then slowly leeches back out after they die?) I wonder, maybe the zombies aren't a new phenomenon. What if there have been outbreaks in the distant past, followed by lots of zombie corpses getting trapped underground, releasing gas as they decompose, then the gas gets suddenly released thousands of years later and we get a new outbreak. OK maybe that deserves a
    I do think that the Zombie thing isn't a new deal. My gut says this has happened before, but a long long time ago. Ink had to know something was going to happen. Could be that the reason it didn't wipe out the world in the past was simply because less people, and harder to move around. Less resourses as well. Back in Yer Ole Medieval Times there wasn't roads, and cities with millions of people. And cars/boats/planes. If there were not turners in cars... the Zeds would not have reached Fort Irwin. They would have died in the snow.

Could be something like The Mayans. Outbreak happens. They turn. Then die from exposure and freaking jungle cats. Due to lack of numbers and resources they don't last long. Not saying this happened in WA, but just a base of how this could have happened in the past and we would naver would have known.
    Likes Ginja, Storm, Vlarken liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

And meanwhile, in an underground cavern deep under L.A...

Likes MrRedBeard liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    And here's a scientific cross-section of the little-studied Zed Layer:
    Zed Layer.jpg
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast