User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should the WA finale be available the night of the premiere for $5?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! $5 isn't unreasonable, since it will be available free later.

14 42.42%
  • Yes, $5 is fine, but maybe the day or a few AFTER the live event.

4 12.12%
  • No, what you have in place now is fine.

2 6.06%
  • No, I don't think you should do that. That's why there's a premiere.

7 21.21%
  • Yes and No. I like turtles.

6 18.18%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Yea, personally, $5 might not be enough to get an advanced hearing of it. It'll be like seeing a film before it's publicly released: the ticket would cost more (at least i think, haven't been to one in the UK) for the privilege to see it before others can....... maybe $10 at least....?
    Likes Eviebae liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Maybe it would be good to allow for people to pay more if they want? Maybe subsidize others? Thinking it through; if I couldn't afford to pay anything, I would still get to listen to it for free eventually--and donations aside, it's been an excellent free ride. I just wish I could go or be involved in some way
    SKITTLES?

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Not sure how they will do it...... If they gave people who pay a password for the download, like it was with the special 45-1 episode Kc gave us, i would of thought someone could give it out over the internet..... But i'm sure they have a idea that will work securely..... I don't have the knowledge to know those sort of things haha

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    I'm not on here vocally as much as I used to be, or in the main threads much, but I do try to break away from work/college/fam to read comments.

I like the idea of an earlier than free release. If I were moving in the opposite direction because of my job around the time of the finale, I'd put forth a huge effort to get out and see it in person. But, since I must go to the east coast, I'd be willing to plop down 10 bucks for access to it before it's released through normal podcast feeds.

I think that's the biggest thing I'm trying to say: (taking a page from Bobby Kotick) "premium" access a week or so early, but not on the night of the live event.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    I think it would detract from the live event: the live event is a once in a lifetime experience, it should be unique and thus the only way to actually get to hear it in advance.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Could you who are going keep notes and write accounts of the event? Like details and stuff? I'd love LOVE to read or watch video of someone's personal account.
    Likes thisonegirl liked this post
    SKITTLES?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Could you who are going keep notes and write accounts of the event? Like details and stuff? I'd love LOVE to read or watch video of someone's personal account.
    I had thought about doing something similar to that. If I do decide on it, I will let you know.
    Likes Eviebae liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    I think it would detract from the live event: the live event is a once in a lifetime experience, it should be unique and thus the only way to actually get to hear it in advance.
    What about all the fans WHO live outside the US and can't just go there even if they wanted to? I'm not even in a mood to find out what it would cost me to fly through nine time zones and back just for a few hours of epic awesomeness...
    Besides, the live event is more than just the last chapter, you know that? If you can pay to get that earlier you still don't get the live performance of 47 and what else is going on there...
    (EDIT)
    I Just saw your location... My answer's still the same though... Going all logic on the poll question though I do get your point... But nah... I'm probably just sad because I'm not going there...
    (/EDIT)
    Last edited by Storm; Apr 28th, 2014 at 05:44 PM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    I just want to say that I'm not going to the premiere because I CAN'T! You who are going to be able to go are getting something I can't have even if I listened to it the night of. It would make me feel included and less sad to listen to it the day of.
    Monday the 21st sounds great to me. Although I'm with Eviebae about not being able to go, I'm also kind of relieved that I can't. It would be an incredible experience but I'm probably going to be a disgusting, sobbing mess by the end of it.
    Event staff: Ma'am ... could you please move your feet so we can mop up this puddle of tears?
    Me: I JUST HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS OKAY
    Likes Red Shirt, Eviebae liked this post
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    I think we're going to go with Monday the 21st to release it online. That way it doesn't detract from the finale event, and it's not too long to wait. That will let us raise a few extra bucks for the next project, and also let people have something early. I bet some people who go to the finale might buy this as well if we do a bundle version.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Storm liked this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast