User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered

Hummer Gasoline in the apocalypse?

I hate to be that annoying fan who brings up trivial shit, but.......wait - no I don't.

Seriously, though, does anyone know if @Kc ever mentioned if or when he was planning on bringing to light the gasoline issue? Like how chemicals, particularly ethanol, break down overtime. I would think that pure gasoline would go bad in under a year - maybe with additives, a little over a year.

I gotta say, it does get me annoyed a bit that in 'The Walking Dead' the topic hasn't even been broached once. It's been well over 2 years in the storyline & they are still driving trucks, motorcycles & cars.
    Likes bluestarred liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarie08 View Post
    I hate to be that annoying fan who brings up trivial shit, but.......wait - no I don't.

Seriously, though, does anyone know if @Kc ever mentioned if or when he was planning on bringing to light the gasoline issue? Like how chemicals, particularly ethanol, break down overtime. I would think that pure gasoline would go bad in under a year - maybe with additives, a little over a year.

I gotta say, it does get me annoyed a bit that in 'The Walking Dead' the topic hasn't even been broached once. It's been well over 2 years in the storyline & they are still driving trucks, motorcycles & cars.
    The only thing the Walking Dead focuses on is the boring plot line of finding/making a community, something bad (like zombies or some mean people) turn up, they loose it all, then starting again. How do the have all the ammo they have?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    The only thing the Walking Dead focuses on is the boring plot line of finding/making a community, something bad (like zombies or some mean people) turn up, they loose it all, then starting again. How do the have all the ammo they have?
    As far as I'm concerned, 'The Walking Dead' lost it's shine after the 2nd season - when it lost Frank Darabont, the show's creator and executive producer. We'll never get back that creepy vibe the show was so good at portraying. Remember the scene when they are all on the highway & they have to hide underneath the cars? When Sophia runs off and goes missing? That was one of the most epic scenes I've ever scene in any television or film. Those scenes are long gone. �� And yes, @Gooer - the ammo! Endless amounts of ammo. And gasoline.
    Likes Gooer liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    As far as I'm concerned, 'The Walking Dead' lost it's shine after the 2nd season - when it lost Frank Darabont, the show's creator and executive producer. We'll never get back that creepy vibe the show was so good at portraying. Remember the scene when they are all on the highway & they have to hide underneath the cars? When Sophia runs off and goes missing? That was one of the most epic scenes I've ever scene in any television or film. Those scenes are long gone. �� And yes, @Gooer - the ammo! Endless amounts of ammo. And gasoline.
    Yea, I was going to say something like that too, but refrained in case someone would disagree with me ahaha

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    They have experienced periods of no ammo.
    I agree on the endless Gas but they do not drive around all that much. Problem with gas. Over a period of time it goes bad. Unless they found a warehouse of Stabil or something similar to keep the gas from going bad.

At least in the comics they address the issue of ammo and setup a reloading operation.. But in reality I am sure they find lots of ammo scavenging certain areas.. Heck I am sure the military left lots of goodies laying around. Never understood why they never acquired more of an arsenal..

This season has been one of the better since its start.. IMO.. I just wish We're alive was on TV it would be a better show in my opinion. Not because I am trying to suck up or anything. Its just how I have felt from the beginning.. I read the comics way before I found WA.. I love the world KC brought alive.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

We haven't had it come up yet in the story, because they haven't totally reached that point... but it's close. Near the end of the story it would be an issue, which would require additives to the fuel. There's a person at the colony specifically in charge of fuel regulation, treatment, scavenging etc. A thankless job, but very important. You can imagine it will come up in the story. Most of the diesel would last a lot longer at least than unleaded, as long as you keep it stored full with no extra air in the tank. But there's a certain point, where all fuel will fail.
    SPOILER 
    Likes trinhlam365, Annamarie08, bluestarred liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    We haven't had it come up yet in the story, because they haven't totally reached that point... but it's close. Near the end of the story it would be an issue, which would require additives to the fuel. There's a person at the colony specifically in charge of fuel regulation, treatment, scavenging etc. A thankless job, but very important. You can imagine it will come up in the story. Most of the diesel would last a lot longer at least than unleaded, as long as you keep it stored full with no extra air in the tank. But there's a certain point, where all fuel will fail.
    SPOILER 
    Thanks for all the info, @Kc - I am pretty certain you just gave me my fix until Lockdown. Lol.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    They have experienced periods of no ammo.
    I agree on the endless Gas but they do not drive around all that much. Problem with gas. Over a period of time it goes bad. Unless they found a warehouse of Stabil or something similar to keep the gas from going bad.

At least in the comics they address the issue of ammo and setup a reloading operation.. But in reality I am sure they find lots of ammo scavenging certain areas.. Heck I am sure the military left lots of goodies laying around. Never understood why they never acquired more of an arsenal..

This season has been one of the better since its start.. IMO.. I just wish We're alive was on TV it would be a better show in my opinion. Not because I am trying to suck up or anything. Its just how I have felt from the beginning.. I read the comics way before I found WA.. I love the world KC brought alive.
    I agree, @Merlin1274 - I feel as if I've been quite spoiled since I discovered 'We're Alive'.....TWD just seems so average in comparison...the writing is no where near as 'smart' as WA.....and that's the truth.....It's pretty damn impressive that a podcast zombie can be portrayed scarier than a visual one......ya gotta admit - that can only be epic writing.
    Likes Kc, Merlin1274, Gooer liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    SPOILER 
    thanks all to info