User Tag List

Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points

Available for Download

First, Thank you for such an awesome series. I just discovered this Friday of last week and started listening Monday. I'm now on Chapter 17.

I know you can purchase a CD from Amazon or download free on Podcast app for iPhone. I tried downloading the episodes directly from the site, but the .mp3s won't play. So what does the Season CD from Amazon or the purchase on itunes provide that listening to the podcast does not? Is there a method to purchase or acquire a digital copy of the series besides itunes?

What led you to create We're Alive? (if this has already been asked I can go through the entire thread to find it).

What made you choose the distribution channels you did?

Finally, there is a local zombie themed run in Syracuse, NY in the fall. Any chance I could persuade you guys to get a booth?

Chris

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdmassey987 View Post
    First, Thank you for such an awesome series. I just discovered this Friday of last week and started listening Monday. I'm now on Chapter 17.

I know you can purchase a CD from Amazon or download free on Podcast app for iPhone. I tried downloading the episodes directly from the site, but the .mp3s won't play. So what does the Season CD from Amazon or the purchase on itunes provide that listening to the podcast does not? Is there a method to purchase or acquire a digital copy of the series besides itunes?

What led you to create We're Alive? (if this has already been asked I can go through the entire thread to find it).

Finally, there is a local zombie themed run in Syracuse, NY in the fall. Any chance I could persuade you guys to get a booth?

Chris
    The versions on iTunes are also free to download. It's just another format to download them. And the CD's do not have any advertisements, and run straight from one episode to the next. It's also a way to give thanks for them making the series, as they are only paid by sales of the CD's, donations and advertisements.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points

Chris
    A little advice, check out Youtube for We're Alive... They did a couple LIVE events and you will enjoy it even more!
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points
    Yeah, I'm thinking of picking them up. I do not like iTunes. I use Amazon Music as my service, I prefer their app and I like that I can upload my own music up to a point. Do you know anything about downloading the mp3s after you make a purchase from iTunes, like to your computer?

I also see that the episodes are on Soundcloud. Love the artwork there too. What is the difference of those vs. the podcast and the purchasable episodes.
    Last edited by Cdmassey987; Dec 15th, 2015 at 05:45 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    @Kc what kind of tips do you have for story writing/planning? This is my first story other than the fanfic (which I am having trouble uploading chapter 1) and I'm trying to make a serious effort with a goal set to get it published. I have a good idea for the characters and I'm kinda forming it out in my head but I want this to be quality, so I decided to ask you (+100 brownie points) I think someone asked this already but what kind of "strategies" do you use to create a plan that actually fits and makes sense throughout the story? I appreciate your help

P.S. I hope that makes sense. Right now I'm drugged up on medication
    People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

They're the remastered versions without commercials and breaks.

Check out www.werealive.com/apartment2c ; Every week we talk about how the show sort of was created and give background stuff on how it was made.

Best way direct to fans, knowing it's a good story... if you build it, they will come.

We unfortunately don't have the budget to do any traveling. We're a pretty small company, and stuff like that is a huge expense. We also don't have a lot of time as we're constantly producing at our max speed level.

Chris
    Yeah, I'm thinking of picking them up. I do not like iTunes. I use Amazon Music as my service, I prefer their app and I like that I can upload my own music up to a point. Do you know anything about downloading the mp3s after you make a purchase from iTunes, like to your computer?

I also see that the episodes are on Soundcloud. Love the artwork there too. What is the difference of those vs. the podcast and the purchasable episodes.
    Soundcloud is the exact same as the podcast feed.

Quote Originally Posted by General Malarky View Post
    @Kc what kind of tips do you have for story writing/planning? This is my first story other than the fanfic (which I am having trouble uploading chapter 1) and I'm trying to make a serious effort with a goal set to get it published. I have a good idea for the characters and I'm kinda forming it out in my head but I want this to be quality, so I decided to ask you (+100 brownie points) I think someone asked this already but what kind of "strategies" do you use to create a plan that actually fits and makes sense throughout the story? I appreciate your help

P.S. I hope that makes sense. Right now I'm drugged up on medication
    Me too brother, me too. Ok, work backwards. Find your ending, then find the furthest point from the ending, something that needs a journey to get to. Make sure there's major obstacles, and dig the holes as deep as they can go, so it's rewarding when they get out. Since you worked backwards, your story ending is a perfect fit and you've given a satisfying arc for your characters.

That's my recipe, just the simplified version
    Likes Annamarie08, bluestarred, Osiris liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Ok, work backwards. Find your ending, then find the furthest point from the ending, something that needs a journey to get to. Make sure there's major obstacles, and dig the holes as deep as they can go, so it's rewarding when they get out. Since you worked backwards, your story ending is a perfect fit and you've given a satisfying arc for your characters.

That's my recipe, just the simplified version
    Is this a common method? I've often wondered if complex stories had he endgame firmly established before the rest of the story is written.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Thanks Kc! Major help! Maybe you can proofread it when it's done, yeah?

Oooh. One more quick question. Do you use a whiteboard or sticky notes or what? What's best for saving space?
    Last edited by General Malarky; Mar 7th, 2016 at 07:50 PM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by General Malarky View Post
    Thanks Kc! Major help! Maybe you can proofread it when it's done, yeah?

Oooh. One more quick question. Do you use a whiteboard or sticky notes or what? What's best for saving space?
    Maybe you can proofread it when it's done, yeah?....

My general answer on these types of inquiries, I unfortunately have to say no. The reason being sorta along these lines: http://deadline.com/2009/09/why-he-w...-script-15711/
    2nd note, I just have a bit too much going on to spend time reading other's materials. Literally I'm doing something from morning to night currently.

I use all kinds of things for notes... white boards help flush out ideas and draw connections, voice memos for those sudden bursts of inspiration, and scrivener for organizing all my notes, which is MASSIVE.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Maybe you can proofread it when it's done, yeah?....

My general answer on these types of inquiries, I unfortunately have to say no. The reason being sorta along these lines: http://deadline.com/2009/09/why-he-w...-script-15711/
    2nd note, I just have a bit too much going on to spend time reading other's materials. Literally I'm doing something from morning to night currently.

I use all kinds of things for notes... white boards help flush out ideas and draw connections, voice memos for those sudden bursts of inspiration, and scrivener for organizing all my notes, which is MASSIVE.
    Scrivener, luckily, is within my budget, as are whiteboards ( I already have one). And voice memos is a built in app on my phone. Gracias!

As for reading my draft, I read the article, and now I feel sorry for asking. I totes understand. I'd feel the same way if someone asked me.
    People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast