User Tag List

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by katlero View Post
    Even if he is immune, the guy got bit in the neck! Is it even physically possible to come back from that?
    Datu survived Randy's bite
    Likes MrRedBeard liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Saul's first journal entry mentioned:
    "...and if i turn into one of those things because you sent me out here, then your ass is lunch."

FOREBODE....

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Micheal and Scratch have a mission in mind and are get more dangerous for the group they with. Riley seems to be under influence of something else. One would think that she start this to avenge Angel but it seem that she just want to die for a cause. She turn more darker and darker that I believe that Burt may have to be the one who put her down.
    So... what you're saying is the Riley has less in common with Scratch than Michael has?

All three are mission oriented.
    All three are out for payback.
    All three are hunting their foe.

Riley is out to avenge Angel's death.
    Scratch is out to avenge Latch's death.
    Michael is tired of losing ground.

joint-point-counter-joint

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Going way back to Season One, Saul wrote something like

...and Michael, if I get turned into one of those things, your ass is lunch!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Datu survived Randy's bite
    I'm wondering more about the location of the bite versus the biter. For some reason I thought Datu was bit on the shoulder and by a regular one. I'll have to go relisten.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Well...So THAT happened...

Okay so this episode had three acts to it, so I'll take them one at a time:

Act 1: Pegs and Tanya
    So it does seem like the zombies have been around before and created pockets of z-gas underground. Or at least Tanya thinks so. Not much new here, just nice to know we are starting to get on the right track with all this theorizing.

Act 2: Exit Tardust
    Well...damn. So it was starting to look like maybe Riley and Burt might pull out of this vengeance cycle and start to return to a bit to sanity but then Burt get the reveal about Lizzy dying dragged out of him, setting things on edge, then Tardust decides to grab the Idiot Ball and run with it. Seriously I always figured Tardust to be a little more thoughtful and deliberate than that. But no, he just had to go and open his mouth....
    I can't say Tardust will be missed by any stretch of the imagination, but now Riley and Burt have reached the point of no return. Either this will wake them up and force them to see that their obsession with revenge will be their undoing and give it up, or they'll continue on and it will end up being their undoing.

Act 3: Randy, Saul and the Tunnel 'o Love
    Soo...looks like we're gonna get a definitive answer on the whole "Are Saul and Tanya immune?" question, at least for Saul. My guess is Saul's not gonna be effected by the bite and Michael and Vic are gonna end mounting a rescue party. I mean, how else are we gonna get to explore the dark labyrinthine tunnels of zombie horror and intrigue? Who goes on the mission and how do they deal with the gas? I don't know. But I do know that my whole "Release the gas, kill the zombies" theory just pretty much got shot to hell. That hole was belching out gas like crazy and Randy didn't seem to mind one bit.
    So I guess I should move on to my next theory: The zombies are using the haze to terraform the earth. Someone else brought up the Doctor Who Episode "Blink" so I'll keep the theme alive by bringing up "The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky." Using poison gas to create a new environment for another species to live in. I'm not saying the zombies are alien (although at this point I won't discount anything) but maybe just something primordial that is trying to reclaim the earth and the release of the zombie gas will help them do so by eliminating any threats to their place as the dominant species.

P.S.
    The line of the episode: "She'll hug you one day and slit your throat the next. Literally! That actually happened once!"
    Last edited by HardKor; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 10:09 AM.
    Likes zombie Danny, 7oddisdead liked this post
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    It's funny to hear Burt try to calm situations down. He's so bad at it. At least 0 and 4 so far.
    Likes Ginja, Witch_Doctor, Gooer liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    i still can't commit to the extreme of saying she's "turned to the dark side."
    made a rash, emotional decision? yes.
    jeopardize the rest of the group by doing so? not really, i think...

there's so many stinkin' gray areas in WA, and given the two-folded news she had just received, i'm not condemning her actions completely.

Tardust saw the end of his life and chose to be an a-hole.
    No, she is not fully turned to the dark side.

Like you said, it was an emotional decision.

But she had not turned dark, and there is a reason i know. She cried. A truly dark person is a Narcissist, and does not weep for the action they commit, they feel not remorse for what they have done as it benefits them or makes them feel better.

Killing Tardust made her feel better, and also removed one less scumbag from the picture. Yet she cried. She has not turned to the dark side.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Gooer liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

My thoughts:

I knew Tardust would die by Riley's hand as soon as they caught him. I really do like that he threw it back in their face that they are the same as Scratch. Just as crazy. I like that he got to say his piece before he died. He was able to tell her what we the fans wanted to tell her. "This doesn't end well for me" " So we are just friends now" and such. Really hit home that he knew his life was forfeit as soon as they caught him. That he knew it. She proved it. He made some really damn good points. Mainly about perception and Riley and Burt being no different.

I knew she would kill him over Lizzy, but didn't like the exchange. It felt like she had to know so she could justify it, and we can justify her anger as fans. Tardust hold out for for so long to have her go "Kulani said he didn't have files" and Tardust go "Um...uh...eh... I tried to rape her?" . Didn't try and deny it. Tried to say "It's ok really." I would have thought he would go "Look.. Kulani feed us stuff. We knew all your names. It is what it is. Sorry you trust the mole over what I am telling you" or go "Yeah, Scratch took care of her at the Colony. I saw her a decent amount". Instead he goes straight to the "Umm... oops?" We knew he was going to die though. It is for character growth though. She had to hear it from him so she can make the choice.

I will put a check next to "Randy understands he is hurting Michael". He grabbed Saul and looked at Michael. Short of him saying "Hey Ex-Buddy. I'm going to bite another one of your new buddies!" I don't know what else can be done to show that Randy is hurting Michael on purpose. He made a statement at the Windmill saying "I can take them out your House" and now he is saying "You come here and I will do the same". I think Randy is doing it all on purpose to get back at Michael leaving him alive.

I have said all along that from a Story Telling standpoint we will have to know how Ink knew about the Zombies ahead of time. Just too big of a Plot Hole. This gives us that. Randy and Co will think Saul is turned. Saul will still smell of Skittles while being bite. So he will find out. My guess is that the scientist in Ink will not allow him to not look into it. He will have to tell Saul about it. He will relish in the fact that there is someone to talk to or something. We be like "Your Immune? How does that work? Can I use this" then Saul will goad him into talking. Odds are Ink has't had that in a long time and will enjoy it. Then Saul gets and tells Dunbar or something.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

This chapter concludes some things of the show.

Randy is part of Ink's army.
    Zombies and the gas are closely related.
    Smart Ones or at least the Smart One Randy is able to look through the smell-camoflage Michael, Victor, and Saul use to cover their scent.
    Tardust is D-E-D, dead, ya hear? He was meant to die, because he did horrible things in the past. But I am not certain if I like the way it played out. To me this whole cabin-scene was kind of rushed too much. It made no sense for me. First Tardust is treated like shit and as a prisoner based on a theme of revenge; then Tardust gets hurt and he plays so well along that the pendulum swings towards some weird friendship evolving, especially with Burt and Tardust speaking about bio-diesel; then Burt all of a sudden has this look on his face and Riley gets crazy about it; then Tardust lets down his defenses; and then "blam" ... Nah, didn't like this seen, 'cause actually it could have been made ... different?
    And Tardust was right when he compared Riley (and Burt?) with Scratch.
    (And about these two latter cases: I would not wonder a lot, if the majority looks at it from a different angle than mine ...)
    Likes Storm liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast