User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten View Post
    Also, I've been waiting for the scenario where somebody gets pushed to the point where they shoot one of the other survivors in the tower. This might push Saul to said point. Doubt it'll happen but it is an event I've been waiting to happen.
    I don't see it as happening with Saul. He may be crazy "in like" with Lizzy but not dumb enough to take that action. He would definitely go out to rescue / find her before shooting someone.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    After reading all of the paragraphs of posts, I have lost a good sense of what this conversation is about. Are we debating if Angel is a good leader or if Angel will eventually become a leader. I don't mean to intrude on your amazing debate, but this was originally a thread for the Chapter 20 Part 1 episode. I am enjoying reading this all though so please, by all means, continue.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NJHellfire View Post
    After reading all of the paragraphs of posts, I have lost a good sense of what this conversation is about. Are we debating if Angel is a good leader or if Angel will eventually become a leader. I don't mean to intrude on your amazing debate, but this was originally a thread for the Chapter 20 Part 1 episode. I am enjoying reading this all though so please, by all means, continue.
    No, you're right. the conversation started about what happened with in the episode with Angel missing another opportunity to lead. It has since devolved into something else altogether. There's a new thread dedicated to this topic now here: http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showt...l-of-the-Tower. I've moved all the posts dedicated to the topic exclusively to that thread. posts that contained chapter 20-1 information are still here in all their glory.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Just want to throw my two cents in on some of the discussions that have been cropping up in this thread. Many of my own sentiments were already kind of echoed by Ra1th, who is obviously a very smart character since I agreed with much of what he had to say.

The Tanya and Saul connection: There did seem to be a bit of foreshadowing with some of Tanya's interest in seeing Saul, so I do understand people wondering if there's a personal connection, but I'm thinking it might be something else. Like maybe from what she's heard, granted it might not be much, she's starting to put two and two together and wonder if what he's struggling with is the infection and that's why she's a bit anxious to see him. It could also be that she's simply a doctor and wants to deal with the patient before settling in. I have doubts about the mother and son connection for several reasons:

1. Hopefully this doesn't come off as bigoted, but I always assumed by her voice, that Tanya is an African American woman. I always imagined Saul as possibly being Latino by his voice. That of course doesn't mean what I hear in possibly the actors actually applies to the characters, but that's part of why I have a hard time imagining the connection.
    2. Saul sounds like he was a bit of a troubled kid. We know that he even got in some trouble with the law and had to jump through some hoops to even get in the army. Not that it's in any way beyond the realm of possibility, but would the child of a doctor, who sounds from her relationship with Hope like she'd be a pretty great mom, be a street wise juvenile delinquent? I doubt it.

As for Durai: It's probably already been said by others, but Durai is too much of a bad mother to have just been killed off or booted by the rest of the mallers. The character on the page fueld by the excellent job of the actor that plays him, had enough personality that he came off more as the Darth Vader or even the Emperor of this ship to go so quietly into the night.

I don't know that the show would go into quite this dark of a territory like say, The Road, but in reality, Lizzy, a good looking young woman being abducted and dragged off to a compound of convicts, is pretty damn scary. While I feel for Burt's situation, everyone in that tower needs a shovel in the face for lettting her go out on her own like that. If I was Saul, I'd be done lifting a finger to help anyone there out...
    Last edited by Robalypse; Mar 25th, 2011 at 07:25 AM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robalypse View Post
    Just want to throw my two cents in on some of the discussions that have been cropping up in this thread. Many of my own sentiments were already kind of echoed by Ra1th, who is obviously a very smart character since I agreed with much of what he had to say.
    Oh....now you've done it....you made Ra1th happy.....*sigh*

1. Hopefully this doesn't come off as bigoted, but I always assumed by her voice, that Tanya is an African American woman. I always imagined Saul as possibly being Latino by his voice. That of course doesn't mean what I hear in possibly the actors actually applies to the characters, but that's part of why I have a hard time imagining the connection.
    This came up before on the forums in the If We're Alive Was a TV Show. Though Saul does have occasional a latino flavor in his voice, he is in fact African American.

2. Saul sounds like he was a bit of a troubled kid. We know that he even got in some trouble with the law and had to jump through some hoops to even get in the army. Not that it's in any way beyond the realm of possibility, but would the child of a doctor, who sounds from her relationship with Hope like she'd be a pretty great mom, be a street wise juvenile delinquent? I doubt it.
    There are children of privilege running amok all over the place. Saul said he stole things because he needed the money. Perhaps that's because mommy dearest had cut him off to force him to get a job and make a living for himself. Besides, careers in the medical profession can result in less time at home. As Saul hasn't mentioned a father either his wasn't around or was also very busy which means Saul would be left alone...a lot. Giving a kid a lot of time to himself to get in trouble.

It seems that the jumping through hoops would be a result of him being a convicted criminal. That's what I always thought.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Mar 25th, 2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: edits for clarity
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    That's a pretty good theory on Saul Nik. I'll buy that for a dollar!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    The Last Place You Want to be During a Zombie Outbreak
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Oh....now you've done it....you made Ra1th happy.....*sigh*

This came up before on the forums in the If We're Alive Was a TV Show. Though Saul does have occasional a latino flavor in his voice, he is in fact African American.

There are children of privilege running amok all over the place. Saul said he stole things because he needed the money. Perhaps that's because mommy dearest had cut him off to force him to get a job and make a living for himself. Besides, careers in the medical profession can result in less time at home. As Saul hasn't mentioned a father either his wasn't around or was also very busy which means Saul would be left alone...a lot. Giving a kid a lot of time to himself to get in trouble.

It seems that the jumping through hoops would be a result of him being a convicted criminal. That's what I always thought.
    Aww, that made me sad as LA has a big hispanic population and Being hispanic, liked the idea of Saul being Latino. Would it be wrong to still think in my mind he is = O

Other than that, I don't remember the pictures shown to tanya shown Saul face and there would be good reason not to. In case something went wrong, I doubt they would want to show someone the face of one of the tower residents if they didn't have to. In this case, I wouldn't be suprise if Tanya herself was shocked that it was Saul that was sick.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I think we might be reading too much into it though. I won't be suprised if Tanya's apparrent eagerness to see Saul is just for the fact that he's sick. KC may drop such brow raising comments for this exact purpose, to get us to be excited. But then again to just let such a curious tidbit end up being nothing would be pretty crappy. Damn it! Now I'm uncertain about the whole Tanya/Saul situation!
    [EDIT] Saul is black? I thought he was Hispanic too. Damn. I'll have to change the image of him I have in my head (Masuka from Dexter, who I know is not Hispanic but still...).

But yeah, I do think Steve is a douche who was looking to take the leadership position away from Bill. He was such a jerk that he called Lizzie out on her lie; that Bert had kicked her out. He was all like, "Nah, Bert didn't say that." I don't think he was saying this to keep Lizzie from getting kicked out, but rather to say that Bert lacked the ability to follow through with rules. Steve seemed to really believe that Lizzie should be kicked out for sleeping on the job. In my book, he's a dick.
    Last edited by Adventureless_Hero; Mar 25th, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    For Britt, I believe, and correct me if I'm mistaken Kc, that in between Burt's lines, the argument moved downstairs.
    A question to everyone, who was the person who said," Michael, your back," at the beginning of the episode?

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Wow, really? Dammit, that messes with my mental visualization of him. Not that it would be at all a concern if I hadn't already firmly established how he looked in my head. Oh well, I'll just pretend I didn't read this so all is safe in my established "We're Alive" headspace. If that is the case though, it certainly shoots down my doubts in that area.

Bah! Stop being right, Nik.

Ok, so my doubts are obviously pretty flimsy. I still think from a story perspective it would be a little cliche to have Tanya end up being his mom, but there was that part in season 1 were Saul gave some narration about his mom that seemed like it could have been alluding to her having a further part to play in the future, so maybe that is where it's going. Guess we should be finding out soon...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast