User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    So the stories would be in a novel form not like a script

"Lurker"

Status
    Is this still a thing? I think it would be fun, but I'd like to know that KC has opened up the pipeline for submissions.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvenwood View Post
    Is this still a thing? I think it would be fun, but I'd like to know that KC has opened up the pipeline for submissions.
    Last I asked Kc about was still very much a thing. I don't see that changing unless something drastic happens, or the legal aspects prove too great a hassle to be worthwhile.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    It's still a thing. Working on some stuff behind the scenes for the #wa50mil campaign, finishing up Kickstarter rewards, and working on a big audio drama project that has yet to be talked about much... and also trying to get some infrastructure stuff going again and updated like the app and the store upgrade.

Once I can tick a few of those off my list, this is the next one I'll tackle. I'm very much still in the game on this... and it'd be more novel types, not audio dramas. I have a very special way I like them formatted, and a bit more experience than most in writing AD content. It's my baby, you know. But I'm willing to share the space in other mediums, which is one of the big reasons.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registeredOverdrive

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    When you say "very special way I like them formatted," I can't help wondering what you're seeing in your head.
    I am also interested to know what KC means by this.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvenwood View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the quick and kind responses. Looks like I have a little time to put something together.
    No prob.

When you say "very special way I like them formatted," I can't help wondering what you're seeing in your head.
    Well how something is done, the action of any audio drama, requires a certain type of setup in order to be clear. And dialogue, is very complex when it's the main component. Few writers can translate that well without issues. I'm not perfect, but far better than a lot I've heard.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    No prob.

Well how something is done, the action of any audio drama, requires a certain type of setup in order to be clear. And dialogue, is very complex when it's the main component. Few writers can translate that well without issues. I'm not perfect, but far better than a lot I've heard.
    Understandable for an audio format. For a moment I was concerned you had some sort of 'House of Leaves' type gimmick format for the novel(s). I think something like that would cause me to check out completely. I am ashamed to admit I have already started working on my submission... sadly, it's already well over 70 pages long. At this point I'm just writing a book to send you.
    Likes Wolvenwood, werewolf liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Understandable for an audio format. For a moment I was concerned you had some sort of 'House of Leaves' type gimmick format for the novel(s). I think something like that would cause me to check out completely. I am ashamed to admit I have already started working on my submission... sadly, it's already well over 70 pages long. At this point I'm just writing a book to send you.
    70 pages damn I thought I was doing good with the meager 6 pages I have. way to show everybody up. geeze..... lol

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    70 pages damn I thought I was doing good with the meager 6 pages I have. way to show everybody up. geeze..... lol
    I assure you it was unintentional. It just came out. I highly doubt Kc would have any interest at all in the type of story I'm writing. I may never even send it to him. In any event, I'll offer that quality is far more important than quantity. You can do a lot with 6 pages. I'm sure what you're working on is going to be good if you polish the hell out of it.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I assure you it was unintentional. It just came out. I highly doubt Kc would have any interest at all in the type of story I'm writing. I may never even send it to him. In any event, I'll offer that quality is far more important than quantity. You can do a lot with 6 pages. I'm sure what you're working on is going to be good if you polish the hell out of it.
    Well, at least I'll be able to have an idea on your work ethic

But seriously, that's pretty awesome. Scratch perhaps?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast