User Tag List

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    You are wrong. I don't base my opinions based on favorable or non-favorable lights. First I take the facts from the show, and then I draw my conclusions and establish my opinions. So the "favorable light" is not my starting point - as you seem to assume - , but the very result of listening, analyzing, understanding, concluding ... It is obvious that both of us have a very different approach towards this. And I have some trouble believing you, when you say that your persepctive doesn't pay any of the characters in a favourable light. All your efforts regarding Scratch contradict you.
    This leads nowhere. And since we are very far off #45-3 already I don't see any point into getting into a new discussion about how who perceives and understands the WA show and/or WA characters.
    You did not call me stupid, right. But you let me feel like being such a guy. I am out and about - now for real.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    We're talking about Riley using torture versus Scratch using torture. Perceived evils. Motivations for characters. You're arguing something I'm not. Can't have a discussion without you telling me I'm wrong about everything because one character is clearly more evil than another. That's a stupid approach to a conversation. I'm saying they're the same act. You're saying something completely irrelevant, and seem butthurt that I'm not just saying, "Oh, lord you are totally right!" Your own words state that you are assuming character intent based on how you perceive their actions throughout the story. How is that incorrect? They are YOUR OWN WORDS. I didn't put them in your mouth.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I'm not even sure where to jump in.
    Likes Grognaurd, Verse liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Likes Verse, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Start by answering the question:

How far is too far? What is are acceptable losses when you're out to avenge someone you loved? The reason I brought up Scratch is simple enough, Riley is falling down the same rabbit hole of madness. Whether she's redeemable, or righteous is a matter of perspective, and shouldn't come into play when making the decision. At what point did the lines disappear?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Looks like the pro and anti- Scratch fans have taken too much Follistatin, Somatotropin or maybe Testosterone! Enjoyed the debate from both sides, but Scratch is totally responsible for her actions ( she has free will ) and will have to face the consequences ( Newton's third law of physics ) or whatever else Kc has planned for her. We won't have long to wait.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Well, in all honesty: it makes them pathetic to a certain degree. I only understand them, because people react to certain situations very different. I really hated Saul for his wild heart for quite a while; the cold-blooded murder of Pippin performed by Kalani still freaks me out; and about Riley I am steal very concerned and hope that she does not follow that dark road.
    As for Scratch: We received three basic and important background information on her: she was a victim of violence and tragedy, and she deserves all my sorrow and grief for what happened back then; she did everything to get her brother out of prison; and her main agenda is to take revenge on the one person that took his brother's life and thus took away the last "warm feelings" from Scratch. As with Kalani, Saul, and Riley: I do understand.
    In both cases I am not willing to go any further. There is no reason to justify or excuse things; maybe some of these things may seve as explanations, but nothing more than that.

Besides: If you are willing to neglect Scratch's "evilness" because of her dark and shadowy past thus putting everything about her into context, why wouldn't you accept the context of Kalani's story? Isn't this kind of a double-standardization as well? That struck my mind last night ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    So, what you are saying is "Excuses are like assholes. Everyone has one."

Quote Originally Posted by REZombie View Post
    I havn't read all the post, but i'm not upset with Riley.... Its a tough world in Zombie Acres, and Tardust is not one i would want to stick around....So a little light torture for info, probably more psychological then actual "torture", see what comes out and then a bullet to the head.... but hey, i lean more toward my survival and the ones around me...dont really like loose ends laying around.

Not sure whats gonna happen next episode....i believe Tardust actually, but i'd still kill him. I do think Scratch is knows whats going on with him though, i just dont think he knows it.
    I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Start by answering the question:

How far is too far? What is are acceptable losses when you're out to avenge someone you loved? The reason I brought up Scratch is simple enough, Riley is falling down the same rabbit hole of madness. Whether she's redeemable, or righteous is a matter of perspective, and shouldn't come into play when making the decision. At what point did the lines disappear?
    "Lines" and "Boundaries" are things not seen in the moment, but things to be debated the day after by the armchair quarterbacks.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    So, what you are saying is "Excuses are like assholes. Everyone has one."

I like the way you think.

"Lines" and "Boundaries" are things not seen in the moment, but things to be debated the day after by the armchair quarterbacks.
    So are you just going to take your ball, and go home, bro?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    So are you just going to take your ball, and go home, bro?
    I don't know how you got that from my post.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    I don't know how you got that from my post.
    Was that your honest, thoughful answer, or your sarcasm?

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast