User Tag List

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Zombie Country Survival Rate

Ok being from England I have very limited acess to fire arms where as many American listeners can litterly walk down there local high street and purchase any fire arm they might want (sorry of I'm stereotyping here) So I was hoping to ask a few questions to ant American people's. What fire arms are banned in America? What restrictions do you face when buying them? Because in the UK were limited to shotguns and hunting riffles. All of which are strictly supervised. However any thing medieval is perfectly fine! So come the zombie invasion many Americans shall be safe with an assault riffle. Where as I'm stuck to my own collection of swords and longbows. Haha cheers.
    A Sig what now?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    Depends on what state you are in.. some are a lot more strict the others...but as federal goes, not a lot is banned, but some regulated more than others.

Rifles with a 16" or longer barrel, shotguns with 18" barrels and longer and handguns require a form to be filled out called a 4473 and a back ground check. That's good for any action type except for full-auto. Some states have more restrictions they have included.

For full auto, suppressors, short barreled rifles and other restricted items, you need a class III license, or in some cases on a per item basis a tax stamp. The class III comes with a lot of paper work, regulations and is expensive. Tax Stamp not so much, but tacks on a fee for each item you buy and takes about 6mos to get each one.

Sent From Ink's House
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Thank you :-)
    A Sig what now?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster mani View Post
    Thank you :-)
    Any time : )

Any other questions about firearms, feel free to ask. I work with firearms every day at my job, Been a gun smith for quite a while and have a pretty good assortment myself.

Sent From Ink's House
    Likes Monster mani liked this post
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!