User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered

Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Yeti View Post
    I don't Believe Saul is a medic I think he just has basic field medicine training all soldiers recieve this training.
    I have used the term medic loosely, not being from the USA, it is used elsewhere in combat to denoted a soldier trained in advanced first aid such as ATLS or equivalent. He will thus be of a lot more help at the birth than anyone else.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiekiller100 View Post
    I have used the term medic loosely, not being from the USA, it is used elsewhere in combat to denoted a soldier trained in advanced first aid such as ATLS or equivalent. He will thus be of a lot more help at the birth than anyone else.
    I know lol I wasn't trying to be rude hope I didn't come off that way. I def think he will be a big help once he's done with the behemoth

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    In addition to the training he received from his mom helping out at the veterinary clinic while he was growing up, it is highly likely that Saul is Combat Life Saver Trained... I think there was even mention (maybe more than once) to Saul's bag being a CLS bag. CLS is essentially advanced first aid... they are trained to give an IV, use a tracheal tube, manage Tension pneumothorax and a few other things... No, he isn't a combat medic so far as I can remember... but he does have a bit more training than most soldiers used to.
    Awesome thanks for the clarification. It is much appreciated I don't catch everything

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    In addition to the training he received from his mom helping out at the veterinary clinic while he was growing up, it is highly likely that Saul is Combat Life Saver Trained... I think there was even mention (maybe more than once) to Saul's bag being a CLS bag. CLS is essentially advanced first aid... they are trained to give an IV, use a tracheal tube, manage Tension pneumothorax and a few other things... No, he isn't a combat medic so far as I can remember... but he does have a bit more training than most soldiers used to.
    He is CLS trained, and has a decent amount of experience in the field, better than most. He's not specifically a medic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiekiller100 View Post
    Regarding taking Lizzy to Caine Hospital:
    She probably has pre-eclampsia: high blood pressure with a failing placenta which could kill her and the baby. The only cure is to deliver the baby, which will be premature, thus requiring neonatal equipment, such as an incubator, ventilator etc. Tanya will need to perform a Caesarian section to deliver the baby urgently. I don't think she has the necessary equipment at Dunbar or Colony. As a vet Tanya will have the operative skills and Saul being an army medic can help, that's why Tanya told him to get his head out of his butt! Tanya is making some very difficult decisions for her future daughter in-law and grandson.
    We'll done to Kc, this happens in hospitals every day. Has he got a medical advisor for WA?
    Can't wait for next episode!
    I research everything, but yes, I do have many medical advisers on this stuff. Can't comment on the rest of what you wrote, but there's a chance some of that's right
    Likes Mama_Chita, Red Shirt, Witch_Doctor, Gooer liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sorry, I just could not resist:

But please do not let Saul call little Henry "Judith."
    Likes Mama_Chita, Red Shirt, Gooer, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Sorry, I just could not resist:

But please do not let Saul call little Henry "Judith."
    Ha!!! Good one.
    This sort of brings up what Samantha said to Kalani when they were at the Swinging Tower of Dunbar, "people are hooking up around here like it's the end of the world or something." I wonder if condoms would be on the scavenger supply lists.
    Likes Mama_Chita liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDung View Post
    Confession: I haven't read the preceding 13 pages of comments. Apologies if this is a repeat.

Uh-oh. I think Saul took the wrong radio - one that isn't encrypted. He said he was grabbing one with a bigger antenna, and he did it in a hurry. I suppose the channel it was set to might be still be encrypted, but what about the other channel Kelly switched to - and broadcast their position on? Are *all* channels encrypted?

I think *someone* is listening.
    Nice catch I have the unshakable feeling from the tone and setting of Kelly's calls that Scratch is listening.

In my military experience as a radioman (so this may or may not be applicable) When a radio is filled with crypto and trying to communicate with another radio that has a newer or different key the users hear nothing in response. Depending on the frequency band and the equipment you will often not even hear the other station/radio keying their transmission. (unless you use an Oscilloscope to watch your antenna pickup the amplitude of a transmission.)

So when Kelly calls out on the radio with the wrong key and not hearing any response this is completely plausible. If the radio did not have a key filled at all she would be heard in the plain by any radio on the channel with or without crypto.

So a lot of 'if's' here but...
    If the radio is on the previous key
    If Scratch's radio has that key
    If KC's weather isn't the issue
    If none of our good guys are using the old key

No one except Scratch and Tardust can hear that Kelly, Saul, Tanya, and Lizzy are at Cain Hospital.

Again this is only based on my experience with specifically VHF/UHF voice gear in the military which I'm assuming works similarly.
    Last edited by qreepii; Mar 31st, 2014 at 06:45 AM.
    Likes FunkyDung liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    what time does the episode come out? I was listening and catching up the past few weeks and then WHAM!! Caught up -- I can hardly wait to see what happens. I kind of hope that Saul and Tanya are immune and they give Datu some of their blood and he gets immune as well.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meme View Post
    what time does the episode come out? I was listening and catching up the past few weeks and then WHAM!! Caught up -- I can hardly wait to see what happens. I kind of hope that Saul and Tanya are immune and they give Datu some of their blood and he gets immune as well.
    Well ... It's up!
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    With zombie spit. [/QUOTE]

ZOMBIE SPIT FOR THE WIN!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast