User Tag List

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDung View Post
    Confession: I haven't read the preceding 13 pages of comments. Apologies if this is a repeat.

Uh-oh. I think Saul took the wrong radio - one that isn't encrypted. He said he was grabbing one with a bigger antenna, and he did it in a hurry. I suppose the channel it was set to might be still be encrypted, but what about the other channel Kelly switched to - and broadcast their position on? Are *all* channels encrypted?

I think *someone* is listening.
    Maybe... it just depends on the type of radio that they are using. I know that it is a police radio model I just don't recall the if the model was mentioned. Glen listed of a bunch, but those were the radios that were in his shack at the colony. The net they have now is one that was originally set up by someone at pre-fall Dunbar.

If the cop radios are anything like some encryption capable radios I'm aware of, you can assign preset frequencies to "channels" on the radio and in crypro mode, the different channels can share the same key or use different crypto keys.
    Here's the thing: if you have a radio that hasn't been "filled" with crypto, you obviously can't receive encrypted transitions but those running crypto won't be able to hear you either. That is something that would probably be noticed rather quickly by the team at the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    But as far as the radios go, it still boggles my mind that a rainstorm can stop the radios from transmitting or receiving. They would have to been on the fringe edge of reception to begin with, or there is something else blocking the signal.
    I think it is likely that the network that has been set up is probably using portable repeaters. Stands to reason that in the rain, the solar panel might not be operating at peak efficiency. It's been cloudy and rainy in LA for about two days now I think, those portable repeaters (or any solar powered static repeaters) have probably depleted their reserve batteries by now. However, I seem to recall that Kc said something to the effect of "it's not (just) the rain," but I could be imagining that.

Hmmm... Brainstorm time:

ULF are known to be occasionally generated as a precursor to earthquakes. Now known to occur as much as a month prior to the quake. (How long and how often have the radios been on the blink?) But you might ask, seismological ULF is in the 300 Hz to 3 KHz range, how does that interfere with the 39-45 MHz and 150-160 MHz bands? It doesn't necessarily need to match up if it is powerful enough. Especially if it is seismological ULF as a precursor to The Big One.

I think some acoustic principles like string resonance have similar principles in radio as well.
    Also, (more I think) radio frequencies can interfere with each other if one frequency is divisible by another and they synchronize. The result is some peaks are canceled while others are amplified (a similar result is seen in the double slit experiment.)

Huh. Once again I thought I didn't have much to say... except for feeling a little bad now, having bashed on formic acid a little bit during the first Fan Cast.
    Likes Jannit, Litmaster, HardKor liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    so, I really don't have to much to say at this point. everyone so far have really hit the high points of this episode and the arguments therein. ill just chime in on a few things.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0907/0907.4509.pdf

read that. think of how a human mind changed by the "virus" we have here would affect a study like that. that new guy a page or two back made some very good points based around steven pinkers work. I still believe everyone is on a proverbial witchhunt as far as that goes, but I wont beat a dead horse.

im slightly at a loss when it comes to the tunnels. while it totally backs up many of the things ive said in the past, (ant theory, tunnel theory, bodies as building materials theory...) im not sure I dig the the "blood-mud tunnel" idea. in many ways I could see it work, but the tunnel for me is my "suspend disbelief" thing..

that said, I really like the way the story is playing out. not much else to say really.

have fun folks, this fools on vacation!
    todd-0
    Likes HardKor liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    so, I really don't have to much to say at this point. everyone so far have really hit the high points of this episode and the arguments therein. ill just chime in on a few things.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0907/0907.4509.pdf

read that. think of how a human mind changed by the "virus" we have here would affect a study like that. that new guy a page or two back made some very good points based around steven pinkers work. I still believe everyone is on a proverbial witchhunt as far as that goes, but I wont beat a dead horse.

im slightly at a loss when it comes to the tunnels. while it totally backs up many of the things ive said in the past, (ant theory, tunnel theory, bodies as building materials theory...) im not sure I dig the the "blood-mud tunnel" idea. in many ways I could see it work, but the tunnel for me is my "suspend disbelief" thing..

that said, I really like the way the story is playing out. not much else to say really.

have fun folks, this fools on vacation!
    todd-0
    BhRJpMmIEAAoJGM.jpg
    joint-point-counter-joint

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    im slightly at a loss when it comes to the tunnels. while it totally backs up many of the things ive said in the past, (ant theory, tunnel theory, bodies as building materials theory...) im not sure I dig the the "blood-mud tunnel" idea. in many ways I could see it work, but the tunnel for me is my "suspend disbelief" thing...
    Zombie spit. Explains everything.
    Likes Mama_Chita liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Zombie spit. Explains everything.
    *facepalm*
    Likes Mama_Chita liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    So, my guess is that we get a Temple Of Doom-esk scene at the Arena during the course of episode 44.

Attachment 3099

Damn, I lost my tinfoil thought along the way. Sorry.
    "Ho mum shi mai!"

as long as Datu yells: "Cover your heart, Michael!"
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    "Ho mum shi mai!"

as long as Datu yells: "Cover your heart, Michael!"
    "... Introducing Pegs as Willie Scott"

Well, if Michael and Victor survive the Arena (my guess is that Datu is a goner) and the inevitable confrontation with Ink - let's just hope that they do not stumble right away into the next very unfortunate situation. E.g. a shop where an inhumane group of survivors kills time with some warped activities...

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Yeah, It did initially say that her eyes were blue, but I think I heard somewhere that KC changed it because the actor's eyes are green. Didn't make much sense since Angel is a blonde but the actor is a brunette, Latch and Scratch are twins but the actors are of different races, Datu is shorter and fatter than Riley but the actor is pretty built and looks some what taller.
    Yea, thats what I was referring too, but all I'm trying to say is that an "all green eyed people are immune/special" theory is debunked by the oversight of Lizzy going from blue to green......unless Kc decided in the middle of the show that she all of a sudden was special, but not originally planned to be.
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    Yea, thats what I was referring too, but all I'm trying to say is that an "all green eyed people are immune/special" theory is debunked by the oversight of Lizzy going from blue to green......unless Kc decided in the middle of the show that she all of a sudden was special, but not originally planned to be.
    Unless the immune people were originally going to have blue eyes and Kc decided to change it when Blaire joined the team. Blue or green on their own aren't really a make-or-break type of deal in terms of the story line and it's completely possible that everyone we know to have green eyes now could've originally had blue until the swap.

I found a source stating that green eyes are found in about 2% of the population and blue are found in about 8% so if it were an indication of immunity, we'd still be left with the vast majority of the population dead.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    All this eye color stuff reminds me of the big fuss everyone made over Harry Potter when they found out the actors eyes were a different color from Harry's!!!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast