User Tag List

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDung View Post
    Crazy thought: Is there any chance Burt might have fallen asleep after shagging Stumpy? (bow-chicka-limp-limp)
    Actually......

WHY NOT?!

CJ and Burt have lost someone they loved dearly...

And both Burt and CJ have lost a body part to Scratch...

And they are both very dominant "type A" personalities....

It's a screwed up pair, that produces mental images that hurt the brain....

But....Let's give romance a chance in this post-apocalyptic world!

I'll show myself out now.
    Likes FunkyDung, Gooer, scbubba, kent17 liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    OK, Looking at some Google Maps for a moment, i actually have to say i changed my mind about this place they are moving to. I still don't like them splitting up, or the idea that the plan was made by just one person and held back from everyone until the last minute, but at least this looks like it could work.

Lake Mathews looks like an amazing strategic location.

1: a secure area Terrain and roads look favorable, at least from the google earth mapping.
    2: in an area with untapped resources Many houses and shops in the area, large patches of ground for planting, as well as an Air Reserve Base 10 miles to the East-North East.
    3: in an area where an adequate water supply exists Lake Mathews and and Perris reservoir 13 miles to the East.
    4: in an area where food will be plentiful, both game and grow Untapped homes, stores, and plenty of wilderness and the bodies of water for fish and game.
    5: large enough to support the entire population More than enough room.
    6: where the enemy is scarce ....Yet to be seen...
    I agree, Not to mention that:
    • That subdivision to the immediate north looks to be nice and tight, no sprawl. Should be easy to (eventually) secure.
    • What looks to be already established groves of some kind of tree to the east. Fruit? Nut? Either would be a boon.
    • Lake Mathews "airport" to the immediate north-east.
    • What looks like what used to be/can be again stepped farm land.

Which brings me back to the Air reserve base you mentioned. March Air reserve Base. I had a peek at it on Google satellite... I counted:

That's right, Statotankers. Mid-flight refueling. Not sure why, but mid-flight refueling operations are often run by Air Guard and Air Reserve operations. But here's the thing, I didn't see any fuel dump tank farms... meaning that they might be underground... possibly extending the preservation of the fuel.

Then there's the C17's. with a cargo capacity of over 85 tons and a loaded range of 2,785 miles or with a load of paratroopers the range is almost 6,500 miles! That is some serious "Get the fuck out of Dodge" action.

Then there's the F-18's... one to two passes over the jail with one of these babies and it's toast...

Pegs needs to sack-up and she could become one BAMF...

...but...

It's a little Deus Ex Machina. See below.

Now if Scratch and Ink just don't fuck every thing up.
    Unfortunately, this ain't Walgreen's.

I've been hesitant to post about this episode. Until @TacticalJHP jogged my curiosity, I didn't think I had much to add to the conversation, being a build up episode and all. I know the feeling of what is going on in the show though. I was stationed at Fort Stewart in the fall of 1999 when the base was largely evacuated for Hurricane Floyd. It was a spooky feeling during the Unit's preparations before the main evacuation. Being largely pre-cell phone, a lot of exchanging numbers of family members of between soldiers. Lots of shaking of hands before we left... definitely a "been nice knowing ya" subtext. When I left base, it was even creepier, as I left a little later than most everyone else. Everything was boarded up in town, don't really recall seeing another car for 30-45 minutes.
    Y'see, hurricanes and Savannah GA are a terrifying thing. Fort Stewart is roughly an hour from the coast and in the Coastal Empire and Low Country, it only takes a Cat. 1 hurricane storm surge to nearly turn it into beachfront property. Floyd was 2MPH shy of a CAT5 storm. We got lucky, it missed.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Was there a time lapse in the episode that I missed? It seems like CJ reveals her backup evac plans and says that if they can't get the pump going they will evac. and it seems like the next day they are prepping the chopper and sending out a convoy. It doesn't seem like they even gave the pump a chance and are jumping ship.

Also the radio that scratch has... did she take it when the Mallers left the colony, or has it been stolen since, which implies she has been able to get in and out, or has an "inside man" (Pete I'm looking at you, and your )
    Likes Eviebae, TacticalJHP, scbubba liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kent17 View Post
    Also the radio that scratch has... did she take it when the Mallers left the colony, or has it been stolen since, which implies she has been able to get in and out, or has an "inside man" (Pete I'm looking at you, and your )
    Nah, Pete cannot be the inside man because Clive Owen already is.

Likes TacticalJHP liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I am currently looking for music which will be suitable for the very moment Scratch and the colonists go head-to-head. Most certainly, it will be pittoresque-ly gory, raw and I guess that we will say our final good-byes to some of the cast.

Here is a candidate:

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    So, we know that zombies can hold a grudge--if Datu turns will he go after Ink?
    What would be funny is if the prisoners (however many are left) take over the Colony after the colonists leave and Ink comes and kills them all.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by kent17 View Post
    Was there a time lapse in the episode that I missed? It seems like CJ reveals her backup evac plans and says that if they can't get the pump going they will evac. and it seems like the next day they are prepping the chopper and sending out a convoy. It doesn't seem like they even gave the pump a chance and are jumping ship.

I agree - what if Datu manages to change the pipe? Why are they already packing up and setting off?
    Also, I like the idea of us just getting back to the main characters, I don't like CJ and never really have. (Only in Dunbar where she was mildly interesting, the scene where Ink left her was intriguing).
    Get Michael back to being leader - slightly reminiscent of Rick in The Walking Dead - who stops being the proper leader for the group.
    I hope we don't lose Saul too early - I know it's survival story. But with Angel dying so early on and then Datus predicament... Yeah so I'm pretty loyal to the first main characters! 😁😳

I think even if pump was fixed people would possibly go separate ways anyway! The colony needs to be split. Not safe anymore.
    Can't wait for next episode!
    Likes FunkyDung liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    TARDUST IS BACK!!!!! I'm Telling You, He's Gonna Do Something Big!

On Another Note, Splitting Up The Group....Never A Good Idea....
    Likes kent17 liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    CJ's planning and tactics fascinate me. She's such an excellent planner that I'd like more details about it. Guessing not as interesting to a lot of people but I'd like to get my nerd on.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

This show need MORE PEGS!!!!!!! And please throw in more Kelly.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Mar 15th, 2014 at 07:55 PM.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast