User Tag List

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    REGARDING SAUL'S FATE
    Quote Originally Posted by Verse View Post
    I think Saul is not long for this world. From a storytelling stand point he is a Foreshadowing God. Said Lady was alive.... she is alive. Said his mom was alive... she is alive. Said Lizzy will fall for him.... Lizzy Falls for him. Said Lizzy was still alive... Lizzy is still alive. Outside of Burt saying "Scratch is alive" no one else has done this. Him saying "I need to set up stuff just in case..." is nothing short of KC going "Yeah. This bastards about to die". Add in that he is Immune and such? Yeah. I see him going down protecting group and Lizzy naming the child Saul Jr.
    Interesting thought, but I just don't see martyrdom in Saul's character. He never really has been a 'sacrifice myself for the greater good' kind of guy. Datu? Definitely. But Saul has always been motivated more from a fierce loyalty to his inner circle, which currently only includes Lizzy, the baby, Tanya, and Victor. Just look at how quick Saul was to ignore the needs of the group and get single-minded focus on saving Lizzy; he wasn't even really thinking whether that was the best for the whole or not; he probably didn't even really consider that aspect.

REGARDING SCENE VS. EXPOSITION
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Yeah, that scene had the most gaping holes in terms of eyewitness accounts, and even Michael said that leading into it. They had to piece it together after everything happened. It was such an important event, it had to be documented. Why did we hear what the soldiers were saying? Like word for word? That's the mechanics of how we tell the story. The details of this instance, at the end, follows the rules already established. How, exactly, won't be clear for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Even so, that would only give them what had transitions between the chopper/base and the recon team. They had all the banter before the chopper landed. Kc did say this was the only event that broke the rule so far in the story....
    Wow, @Gooer, you're really beating this drum today. Would Michael & Co. have LITERALLY known every specific thing that was said by the chopper team, despite being miles away and far removed? Of course not. But the story has been told that way since the beginning--hell, ALL first person narratives are told this way, when you think if it. The journal-narration leads us into each scene as exposition, but each scene follows it's own dynamics, as if you could start by telling a friend about a concert you went to last month, and then suddenly your friend is magically transported back in time, as an invisible overseer to that very event.

For example, Michael starts the story with his journal-narrative of "I remember that day like it was burned into my brain: may 8, 2009" and then we get the scene with the girl inviting him to a party and the teacher saying there'd be no make-ups on the exam, etc. So would Michael have REALLY remembered, verbatim, the exact transcripted dialogue of those scenes, and of every other scene he took part in with this story? Of course not! Can you remember the exact transcript of a conversation you had with someone last year? Again, no. The purpose of exposition in fiction is to summarize the non-essential events that either aren't important ("e.g., "And that was all I remembered about that") or occur over a span of time (e.g., "The next four months at the Colony flowed into each other, as each of us were busy with our respective jobs"). Really unimportant information to the story is often left out altogether, or perhaps briefly alluded to (like what Lady has been up to this whole time at the Colony).

REGARDING SCRATCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    SCRATCH CANNOT DIE!
    If she dies, all of our collective love will resurrect her, like Tinkerbell....but if Tinkerbell was human sized....with a scratch....and guns.
    Well, I'd really love if Big Boy Robbins would get up off the mat, but I think his femur is being gnawed on right about now...

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Splitting the party:
    Scratch's return:
    To me it's like she still is up and true to her sole agenda: To kill Pegs.
    This bitch is so mad and crazy. Really f*cked up.
    But, hey, that's why we love her, right?
    And this is where I gotta criticize The Great One just a bit, regarding Scratch's motivation for still hanging around: okay, so Pegs shot her brother, but would that REALLY have been enough for her to stake her whole life, focus, resources, and manpower, for such an extended period of time, with this one revenge in mind? Hell, Latch's stupid-ass was the one ATTACKING the tower in the first place, so she could just as well placed the blame for his death with him, or maybe Durai for planning the attack. It's been such a long time since Scratch has even seen Pegs, I just don't know how realistic it is that she would still, STILL be hell-bent on coming after her, to the detriment of all else.

Not only that, but why the hell are the rest of the Mallers still in cahoots with her?! THEY didn't have their brother killed by this girl, so I would imagine their motivation for keeping on with Scratch's vendetta to be a whole lot more tenuous, especially after witnessing the fate of many of their comrades who got torched under the direction of Heir Scratch. We know about honor and thieves, so I imagine that most, or all, of them would have cut bait and snuck off one night while Scratch was sleeping...

REGARDING MONSTER FODDER

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    With this being said, I can't help but wondering if any hanky-panky took place in the Arena. Just what kind of Playing (As Samantha called it) and Fun (as Martin called it) took place in the enter of the rink? When Burt saw the army of zombies approaching the hospital, in The Devil's Workshop, he mentioned seeing several living, unturned humans. Any babies made prior to the Purgatory chapter will be due shortly, if not already born.
    @Witch Doctor, I think it was back in the Martin chapter that he mentioned the captured people at the Arena were divided up into 2 groups--one tortured in the arena, and the other dragged off 'somewhere else' (i.e. Cain hospital to become Ink's new test subjects). In fact, given what we know about Ink's experimenting, the various incident's we've seen of live humans being dragged off, but not killed, in the story is making a lot more sense: Ink needed non-turned test subjects to work on, so he sent out the command that his followers go out and capture some (like Datu).

Speaking of that: do you think the fact that it was Randy who tried to drag off Tanya confirms that Randy is indeed under the leadership of Ink?? There has been no evidence in the story of Randy doing his own experiments, so this is pretty good evidence that he is a Zed First Mate or something...
    Last edited by Litmaster; Feb 24th, 2014 at 06:30 PM.
    Likes MrRedBeard, HardKor liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post

Wow, Datu actually looks badass like Jay Oligario.
    If you look around the outer frame, you see what looks like darkened, jagged planks jutting inward. If this is not symbolic, then it almost looks like we are looking at Datu from the perspective of a Behemoth, who has just smashed through the wall of the church and is about to charge Datu....

Foreshadowing?

Or maybe those are not planks; they are crow feathers...
    Likes Red Shirt, Gooer, MrRedBeard, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I'd just like to point out to everyone that as far we know, scratch and tardust could be the only mallers left.

walks out*
    Likes skankyfish, scbubba, HardKor liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    If Scratch and Tardust are the only two mallers left, are we going to find out how they survived after the colony was attacked? Or does Scratch get out of this things without a scratch because she is a little something more than human? She seems to get out of a lot of sketchy things.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

This might be a stupid question, but is there a juvenile detention center in LA? Specifically close to the rest of the action? I keep thinking a hospital would have at least been attempted to be cleared out, but a juvie? Along the same lines as the jail and already captive test subjects.
    Likes Verse, Litmaster liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    So, do you think that this is all being told in a history class or TV show?

BTW, The Scratch subplot is not my most favorite one. Less pins and needles and more waiting for it to be over.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Gamertag: King Ricemaster
    WWOHHOOOOOOOO lets do this!!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Cool episode for a "non-action" one.

We learn that even Ink is afraid of the Behemoths, maybe? He seemed to be ok with McKibben Arrow Head in Chap 36 but maybe that was some sort of nervous truce. The way that Michael and Tanya talk about the jail and it's residents makes sense. Ink doesn't want to risk taking the big boys on personally so he'll lock them up and hope they just go away. Methinks we haven't seen the last of them. Whatever lives and escapes from the jail will be an equal opportunity killer...

Splitting up the group? I had a feeling it would happen. Either voluntarily due to resources or involuntarily due to the Colony being overrun. Like others said in earlier posts in this thread, it will let us focus on the key players. The question in my mind on this topic is: do any of the groups make it away so that Michael & Co can get away from bad old LA when it's all done.

Saul's foreshadowing? I don't think so. At least not yet. He may not be the grand martyr but for his wife and child, he would die to ensure their safety. I just don't think we are to that point in the story yet. More to be developed if we are to get there....

Pete (Greg!) is back and looking for an angle on the water... Perfect!

Hope and Datu - still not sure where this is going but given who Datu is at heart and the ominous chapter art. I think we are nearing his end. I trust Kc to treat him properly and to make us all cry.

Scratch and Tardust. I think they are the last of the Mallers. There were only a couple with them after the big fight at the Colony and they are dead or desserted. Scratch is still at it for Pegs. She will not let it go. Tardust stays with her because he knows its a damn good way to stay alive - even though so many have died around her.... As to how we know this part of the story, I'm guessing either it gets pieced together from some info Michael & Co get from Scratch or we end up with a fairly involved interaction with Scratch and the team. That would be.... odd. But the enemy of my enemy and all that.

Other than finally hearing Jenna's amazing voice, the thing that made me actually exclaim out loud was hearing a new name in the credits, right @nikvoodoo ?

Great job, as usual, Kc! Can't wait for this all to play out....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    I have the feeling that the caged behemoths at twin towers will be used as a weapon against Ink by Michael at some point. They leave them where they are for now, perhaps later in the season they'll find a way to direct the starving behemoths in a particular direction, once they know a direction to send them.

Seems like a good reversal for storytelling for Ink to, not completely, but significantly lose a resource (inkling factory?) to his enemy using his first, possibly uncontrollable creation.
    Last edited by qreepii; Feb 24th, 2014 at 09:12 PM.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Kc: kill Lizzy and the baby both during childbirth or you ain't got a hair on your ass. Then Saul commits suicide to join his family. Go all George RR Martin on this beyotch!
    Dude, GRRM is so up inside your head you should be charging that guy rent!
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Litmaster, HardKor liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast