User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldtypeM87 View Post
    The question we should be asking is why doesn't America have a zombie apocalypse plan?
    It does. Sadly, it's the same plan they used for Katrina.
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I wonder ...
    Is that 'good news'?
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

It's partisan news.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: OldtypeM87
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    All I can say is W.A.F. Im sure you can guess what that means.
    Likes Osiris liked this post
    If the zombie invasion happens, the first place I'm going to is Taco Bell for some chalupas. It's the last place anyone would go to.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldtypeM87 View Post
    All I can say is W.A.F. Im sure you can guess what that means.
    I would say Y.A.F., yes.
    Likes OldtypeM87 liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I think the key to getting the government to respond to a brewing zombie crisis is to tap into the things that are important to the government. For instance, are zombies still citizens? If so can they vote, and does their transformation effect their party affiliation? What social services do zombies qualify for? Is their a need to establish undead affirmative action and hiring quotas? Do they still have to pay taxes? Can the government confiscate their investments and property in lieu of direct payment of taxes? Could the zombies be some form of Islamic, or worse, Christian fundamentalists?
    Likes LiamKerrington, Osiris, scbubba liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I think the key to getting the government to respond to a brewing zombie crisis is to tap into the things that are important to the government. For instance, are zombies still citizens? If so can they vote, and does their transformation effect their party affiliation? What social services do zombies qualify for? Is their a need to establish undead affirmative action and hiring quotas? Do they still have to pay taxes? Can the government confiscate their investments and property in lieu of direct payment of taxes? Could the zombies be some form of Islamic, or worse, Christian fundamentalists?
    Fuck that made me laugh.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

That right there made me laugh!
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

This is very interesting. And I think these questions require some thoughts on the prepended question, whether the answers to your questions would be different based on the various types of zombies or not. In other words: There are zombies which became zombies after the death of humans, thus the zombie-factor would kick in 'only' in the human body but not the human itself (which in itself is a question of itself - is there a difference between a living and a dead human), while other zombie-types simply 'transform' a living human being into a zombie; also it would be interesting to consider the different sources of zombie-ism, if they lead to different results as well - like if a zombie based on a viral agent would be treated different from a zombie spawned from magic powers (like voodoo-zombies).

Another complex of questions would be this one:
    If a zombie is only a dead body reactivated by a zombie-agent, does this question our understanding of life? In other words: Would a zombie like this be considered to be a living being, if the human shell was at least for a short period of time already dead?
    And - depending on the answers to your questions - if zombies are considered to be humans (again), do survivors act like criminals if they perform 'homicides'/ 'zombicides' on zombies, and what would be the meaning of "self-defense" then?

It is very interesting to see that these questions are coming up over here. Actually I 'work' on a new article for my blog touching questions like yours, CabbagePatch, as well.

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Feb 21st, 2013 at 02:26 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Maybe Ink/TOWTM is a politician, his zombie horde is his constituency. Which would make Little Ones something like community organizers.

The US government has infinite experience working with groups like this. You identify their concerns and grievances, fix institutional problems and bias, and co-opt their leadership, with the goal of helping them assimilate. It's pretty much how the system works here, though it does add new meaning to terms like melting pot, and bringing home the pork.

And I expect that once they're reframed as a special interest group that zombies would be welcomed into the Democrat party with open arms. After all, zombies treat women, racial minorities and gays equally, and they're very much opposed to private ownership of firearms.
    Likes scbubba, LiamKerrington liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast