User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

2013 Audioverse Awards results are up...

That award show that's all about audio dramas released their results.

http://www.audioverseawards.com/blog...wards-results/

So, I'll just spoil it for you now and tell you that out of the categories we were nominated for, we lost each and every time.

If you're wondering who was on the voting committee? All the audio producers and crew of these shows.

--------------------------------------------------------

Many of you are fans of other audio dramas, and so maybe some of these other shows might interest you, and maybe you should check them out and compare. This isn't our first loss in these types of competitions, and won't be our last either. I still think we're the best on the block, and have you all to show for our continued success.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Fucking rigged! Here we go again with these incestuous pinheads. They can wipe their asses with their awards... WA is King in the court of public opinion...
    Likes Red Shirt liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    That sounds a bit biased/unbalanced....surely the audio drama with the largest crew would win the different awards....unless they couldn't vote for themselves....

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    That sounds a bit biased/unbalanced....surely the audio drama with the largest crew would win the different awards....unless they couldn't vote for themselves....
    Oh, they could, and it wasn't anonymous either.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Oh, they could, and it wasn't anonymous either.
    What a totally fair award. So, when are you going to be entered into an award that is going to be fair? lol

Swear every time i hear about an award for audio dramas, i hear that it is unbalanced/biased in one way or another.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Wipe my arse with the Mona Lisa and still call it "art"

This podcast is absolutely awesome, and consumes so much of my life, I consider it vital.

Us fans don't need awards or such in order to stay loyal to the show. I wonder how many other podcasts have to rely on "audioverse awards" just to continue.

@Kc you have a very loyal and continually-contributing fanbase here, and we'll always be behind you
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    When you do something awesome, as long as you are happy with it and it makes other people happy, then you are the greatest mother-fucking person on the whole damn planet. An award will not say that any louder than what is already in your hearts.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

It's a lot like photography "awards". Photographers run around calling themselves an "award winning photographer" and then when nobody is looking, they email me or someone else that actually knows what they're doing with questions on how to shoot or light something.

The only thing that matters is that this is by far the best audio podcast in history. Completely groundbreaking. The fact that We're Alive didn't win simply makes the award look foolish and devalued.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, see I know of Gwendolyn Jensen-Woodard, and her Gypsy Audio, which has some fairly interesting stuff, but the production quality is NO WAY NEAR what you'd find with We're Alive. Aside from that, she mostly puts out short stories and adaptations from folktales or OTR productions. Again, not terrible... but meh.

I think the real issue here has to do with relationships and 'insider' politics. Kc doesn't seem to filter through the niche audio drama community near as much as someone like, say, Julie Hoverson from 19 Nocturne Blvd. There is a little established community, and Kc, for whatever reason (jealously, most likely) does not seem to fit into it. And so, when they come up with their bullshit little awards, We're Alive gets the snub. It really has nothing to do with the quality of the product at all; it has to do with 'who you know'. This is really not fair, in my opinion, because, from what I've heard, Kc is more than willing to lend his time to whatever podcast or website wants to interview him or whatever, no matter how small the audience.

It's too bad these people have to act as they do. Why even bother nominating WA if they know they are just going to slam it anyway? This is just like in the 2011 Parsec Awards when We're Alive lost out to HG World for the long form audio drama podcast. Absolute fucking horseshit. And I don't think Cristoff has won anything for the Leviathan Chronicles, either, even though it is probably second among production quality and story in terms of current long-form audio dramas out there.

Anyway, Kc... don't worry about it. Just keep doing what you're doing and stay true to your vision. I wouldn't be discouraged just because you haven't been acknowledged by some piss-ants who haven't accomplished half as much as you have. Take solace in the fact that you've build up a smallish, but loyal fan base who have got your back and recognize your contribution for what it is--simply the best of it's kind currently out there. Not many other people have accomplished such a feat.
    Last edited by Litmaster; Mar 6th, 2014 at 05:34 PM.
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Yeah, see I know of Gwendolyn Jensen-Woodard, and her Gypsy Audio, which has some fairly interesting stuff, but the production quality is NO WAY NEAR what you'd find with We're Alive. Aside from that, she mostly puts out short stories and adaptations from folktales or OTR productions. Again, not terrible... but meh.

I think the real issue here has to do with relationships and 'insider' politics. Kc doesn't seem to filter through the niche audio drama community near as much as someone like, say, Julie Hoverson from 19 Nocturne Blvd. There is a little established community, and Kc, for whatever reason (jealously, most likely) does not seem to fit into it. And so, when they come up with their bullshit little awards, We're Alive gets the snub. It really has nothing to do with the quality of the product at all; it has to do with 'who you know'. This is really not fair, in my opinion, because, from what I've heard, Kc is more than willing to lend his time to whatever podcast or website wants to interview him or whatever, no matter how small the audience.

It's too bad these people have to act as they do. Why even bother nominating WA if they know they are just going to slam it anyway? This is just like in the 2011 Parsec Awards when We're Alive lost out to HG World for the long form audio drama podcast. Absolute fucking horseshit. And I don't think Cristoff has won anything for the Leviathan Chronicles, either, even though it is probably second among production quality and story in terms of current long-form audio dramas out there.

Anyway, Kc... don't worry about it. Just keep doing what you're doing and stay true to your vision. I wouldn't be discouraged just because you haven't been acknowledged by some piss-ants who haven't accomplished half as much as you have. Take solace in the fact that you've build up a smallish, but loyal fan base who has got your back and recognize your contribution for what it is--simply the best of it's kind currently out there. Not many other people have accomplished such a feat.
    I've never heard of HG world - another zombie podcast??? :O

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast