User Tag List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Is Ink a zombie? @Jannit
    Not really. He has clear green eyes, people that turn seem to have cloudy eyes. The one little one that was autopsied also had clear eyes.

Is Ink Human?
    Not really. He kicks open the van doors and wrenches the hinges. He jumps out a 2nd or Third story window and keeps running.

Ok, crazy time. Ink kicks open the doors because he does not know his own strength. Can we find another example of excessive strength? Yes, Pegs breaks a hammer early in season one. Ink is super tough. Do we have other examples? Yes, Saul. He gets kicked by special zombie capable of jumping across distances between buildings. A normal person can kick and double someone over. A strong kick can break ribs. A super jumper should be able to do much more damage. Saul takes a bullet in the shoulder. It should have passed right through. Did it go through Tommy first or is Saul's skin harder? At the colony, Saul takes another bullet. The vest is a civilian cop level. I assume no ceramic plates. Stop a hand gun, sure. Stop a rifle, I am not sure. Did Scratch have a handgun or rifle?

For me, just about everyone in this story operates at near super levels. I just think it is for story purposes, but maybe the Gas has Changed EVERYONE. Riley is not just a cook, she is a super cook. She shoots a movingntarget at range right in the eye. Burt has similar shooting skills, he says his eyes are going, but when TSHTF, he is perfect. Pegs is not a farmer, she is a super farmer. She goes from casual fixed wing pilot to chopper pilot in a day. Datu is an apartment complex handyman, but fixes the pelican and the people trained in repair and upkeep of choppers at Irwin cannot figure it out.

So, are all of these things that I let slide for story telling purposes, really part of the plot that nearly everyone has changed and have become more than human?
    Likes Z Sniper, Red Shirt, DagnyTag, Storm, Jannit liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Is Ink a zombie? @Jannit
    Not really. He has clear green eyes, people that turn seem to have cloudy eyes. The one little one that was autopsied also had clear eyes.

Is Ink Human?
    Not really. He kicks open the van doors and wrenches the hinges. He jumps out a 2nd or Third story window and keeps running.
    Good point! There's just so much to this story it amazes me that you can keep it all straight.

Ok, crazy time. Ink kicks open the doors because he does not know his own strength. Can we find another example of excessive strength? Yes, Pegs breaks a hammer early in season one. Ink is super tough. Do we have other examples? Yes, Saul. He gets kicked by special zombie capable of jumping across distances between buildings. A normal person can kick and double someone over. A strong kick can break ribs. A super jumper should be able to do much more damage. Saul takes a bullet in the shoulder. It should have passed right through. Did it go through Tommy first or is Saul's skin harder? At the colony, Saul takes another bullet. The vest is a civilian cop level. I assume no ceramic plates. Stop a hand gun, sure. Stop a rifle, I am not sure. Did Scratch have a handgun or rifle?

For me, just about everyone in this story operates at near super levels. I just think it is for story purposes, but maybe the Gas has Changed EVERYONE. Riley is not just a cook, she is a super cook. She shoots a movingntarget at range right in the eye. Burt has similar shooting skills, he says his eyes are going, but when TSHTF, he is perfect. Pegs is not a farmer, she is a super farmer. She goes from casual fixed wing pilot to chopper pilot in a day. Datu is an apartment complex handyman, but fixes the pelican and the people trained in repair and upkeep of choppers at Irwin cannot figure it out.

So, are all of these things that I let slide for story telling purposes, really part of the plot that nearly everyone has changed and have become more than human?
    I like where you're going with this. By your logic if none of them are "really" human and extrodinary in some way, then there's no reason that Ink can't be a hyped up human too rather than a turned zombie. If the only examples of clear-eyed zombies are the Little Ones, perhaps only pure zombies have the clear eyes and hybrids all have the cloudy eyes. By that logic, Ink would have to be human as he couldn't be a pure zombie.
    Likes Storm liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    Good point! There's just so much to this story it amazes me that you can keep it all straight.

I like where you're going with this. By your logic if none of them are "really" human and extrodinary in some way, then there's no reason that Ink can't be a hyped up human too rather than a turned zombie. If the only examples of clear-eyed zombies are the Little Ones, perhaps only pure zombies have the clear eyes and hybrids all have the cloudy eyes. By that logic, Ink would have to be human as he couldn't be a pure zombie.
    Maybe something in between. If we go crazy I think there have been about five or six mass extinctions where the most predominant life form is obliterated followed by a burst of evolution to fill the new niches. So, maybe some alien kid hits the evolution reset button and starts a new game, but all he gets to keep all of his unlockables in the new game, so the first part of he game goes really fast! Lol. Ok, kidding about the alien kid, but I do like the concept of human 2.0. Natural thing from the depth of the Earth? Some other performance enhancing drug made by Ink, or a combination of the two? A natural thing that Ink "tweaked"

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    BINGO!!!! Skittles says that he's not a person anymore. Tanya says something about the infection helping him? His eyes are normal. He talks. BUT He has super-human zombie strengths (Or is he juicing too?)
    You just made me think of something... Maybe the superhuman qualities of zombies is really a reaction to the gas. Some people are changed by it to enhance their abilities, and some are killed by it due to ... something. I dunno. This would support what Grog says here:

Datu and Tanya are also probably those that would stand the best chance of turning into "Smart Ones" in that group, as an unrelated side note.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Is Ink a zombie? @Jannit

Is Ink Human?
    My running theory is because of mental issues. His mental issues cancelling out the control of the Zombie stuff. This his eyes are clear as he is still in control.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post