User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

1500 to me sounds like a reasonable place to get to. It's an elite level for a user to achieve. And again, the more one uses the system, the higher your rep level power is. We've limited the Admin/Mod level, but as you can see by 7odd and Osiris they use the rep system often and without much hesitation (believe me..I know. I'm the one who checks the comments weekly). Their rep power is very high. I'd love nothing more than to have bunches of people who can hit that mark.

One of the reasons it seems like only mods are going to hit that mark is simple: Mods/admins tend to be very active members, post very insightful remarks, or create awesome maps of zombie attacks (Cabbage Patch is GOD).

But if you look at the list of the top 10 users in terms of experience excluding myself and Kc: 8 of the 10 are regular users (some with blogging or fan fic privileges but otherwise they'd be wearing white).

One more main reason I think 1500 would be a nice cut off: Look at someone like Deacon...He's been here for just over two months and already is around 600 rep points.

We can still definitely discuss the ceiling level if we go this way.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    There's also an option of having more custom things in the postbit as well, something special for donators as well as active people, etc... I like how everyone is weighing in on this. It helps. Not sure if we can do some huge changes between now and the s3 finale unless Nik heads that up. I'm still working on the livestream page. It's a bit more complicated since the new website upgrade... not to mention one massively difficult season finale. But, keep the feedback coming.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    1500 to me sounds like a reasonable place to get to. It's an elite level for a user to achieve. And again, the more one uses the system, the higher your rep level power is. We've limited the Admin/Mod level, but as you can see by 7odd and Osiris they use the rep system often and without much hesitation (believe me..I know. I'm the one who checks the comments weekly). Their rep power is very high. I'd love nothing more than to have bunches of people who can hit that mark.

One of the reasons it seems like only mods are going to hit that mark is simple: Mods/admins tend to be very active members, post very insightful remarks, or create awesome maps of zombie attacks (Cabbage Patch is GOD).

But if you look at the list of the top 10 users in terms of experience excluding myself and Kc: 8 of the 10 are regular users (some with blogging or fan fic privileges but otherwise they'd be wearing white).

One more main reason I think 1500 would be a nice cut off: Look at someone like Deacon...He's been here for just over two months and already is around 600 rep points.

We can still definitely discuss the ceiling level if we go this way.
    As far as I've always been concerned, the reputation system has always been a means of spreading as much good fellowship as possible, as the negativity is what tends to break communities (I could cite examples, myself being a prime example of obnoxious behaviour). It's nice to see relatively new members gain the acceptance of their peers, be it through a humourous comment, insight, or just a general pleasant disposition. I tend to use it as a way of showing newer members that their feedback, comments, and questions are not just welcome, but needed to keep the community strong. It's fairly rare that I've dispensed negative rep, I think I can actually count all the incidents on a single hand, but it was deserved, and I stand behind it. It's a great way to keep people active as well! The more you engage others, the more likely the points are going to find their way to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    There's also an option of having more custom things in the postbit as well, something special for donators as well as active people, etc... I like how everyone is weighing in on this. It helps. Not sure if we can do some huge changes between now and the s3 finale unless Nik heads that up. I'm still working on the livestream page. It's a bit more complicated since the new website upgrade... not to mention one massively difficult season finale. But, keep the feedback coming.
    This is why I miss j0be.

RIP.

#ForeverCoding
    joint-point-counter-joint

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    As far as I've always been concerned, the reputation system has always been a means of spreading as much good fellowship as possible, as the negativity is what tends to break communities (I could cite examples, myself being a prime example of obnoxious behaviour). It's nice to see relatively new members gain the acceptance of their peers, be it through a humourous comment, insight, or just a general pleasant disposition. I tend to use it as a way of showing newer members that their feedback, comments, and questions are not just welcome, but needed to keep the community strong. It's fairly rare that I've dispensed negative rep, I think I can actually count all the incidents on a single hand, but it was deserved, and I stand behind it. It's a great way to keep people active as well! The more you engage others, the more likely the points are going to find their way to you.
    Agreed! I think that the QUALITY of the posts should determine REP, and that is a subjective thing that each person can judge for himself (like, for instance, REP for color coding ). I've given REP for stunning insight, in-depth research, an original thought, or just something that made me chuckle. Laughs are too hard to come by in this world, so it's nice to have the REP system as a well to spread goodwill among our fellow WA fans. I'd love to go to a WA Forum after-party someday when the series is finished and meet some of you in person.

BTW, would also like to see the 'ceiling' expanded on REP... guys like Nik and 7odd are already 'Bad Mothers', there is a loss of incentive to REP them further. Any chance for a revision on that?
    Last edited by Litmaster; Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Agreed! I think that the QUALITY of the post is the thing that should determine REP, and that is a subjective thing that each person can judge for himself (like, for instance, REP for color coding ). I've given REP for stunning insight, in-depth research, an original thought, or just something that made me chuckle. Laughs are too hard to come by in this world, so it's nice to have the REP system as a well to spread goodwill among our fellow WA fans. Love to go to a WA Forum after-party someday when the series is finished and meet some of you in person.

BTW, would also like to see the 'ceiling' expanded on REP... guys like Nik and 7odd are already 'Bad Mothers', there is a loss of incentive to REP them further. Any chance for a revision on that?
    I would vote for the title of Captain Awesomeballs or perhaps MasterSurvivor... maybe "Needs To Leave The House."

<---- Also One Bad Mutha... Shut Your Mouth!
    joint-point-counter-joint

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    The great thing about this forum is, while some may argue that osiris brought this idea forth for selfish reasons...just look at the dialogue its created. because of one members ideas, the entire experience for everyone could improve and become even more enjoyable. I've not been a member of to many other forums, but the few that I have did not/do not have this level of "user friendliness" going on. That truthfully is what keeps me coming back here. Hell, its not the podcast....its the forum that I love(the podcasts a nice bonus,haha)

And personally i have noticed a HUGE influx of users spreading rep just on my end, not seeing all the details Nik and the others do. to be quite honest I feel that comes directly from the actions of osi taking the lead on heavy repping.. I picked up right after him, and now..lots of people are using the shit out of the system. So yes, completely agree...1500 is very doable.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    There are certain experience incentives that can come into play. Our awards system on here is broken, sadly. One of the things I hope to fix in the off-season. Yes, we all miss J0be, he was the best coder

I can do what I can, but I'm contemplating some nice clean custom postbits similar to this:
    attachment.jpg

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Agreed! I think that the QUALITY of the posts should determine REP, and that is a subjective thing that each person can judge for himself (like, for instance, REP for color coding ). I've given REP for stunning insight, in-depth research, an original thought, or just something that made me chuckle. Laughs are too hard to come by in this world, so it's nice to have the REP system as a well to spread goodwill among our fellow WA fans. I'd love to go to a WA Forum after-party someday when the series is finished and meet some of you in person.

agreed with everything above. but also, when we have a good THREAD where we as a community are really spreading ideas well and behaving like a "family"...ill rep the entire thread. whos to say that the great idea litmaster posted would have happened if devilish pizza wouldnt have said that thing a page before? Ideas are infectious....love them all equally
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I would vote for the title of Captain Awesomeballs or perhaps MasterSurvivor... maybe "Needs To Leave The House."
    How about "Ink's Daddy"....

<---- Also One Bad Mutha... Shut Your Mouth!
    Indeed you are sir.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    agreed with everything above. but also, when we have a good THREAD where we as a community are really spreading ideas well and behaving like a "family"...ill rep the entire thread. whos to say that the great idea litmaster posted would have happened if devilish pizza wouldnt have said that thing a page before? Ideas are infectious....love them all equally
    Couldn't agree more, 7odd. I like that this forum is fairly good at self-policing without being really heavy handed about it. i've seen plenty of places out in the interwebs that follow the "if you don't think like us you need to get the hell out" route.

That doesn't seem to be the case at all in here. We're all pretty much got in here because of WA but I love that there is so much more going on in here. The discussions on the episodes and the theories are great but so are the social groups and the "Everything Else" threads.

The Niks, 7odds, Osirises (Osiri?) of the forum, and others like them are some of the biggest reasons for all this. I don't think it's the "perks" that keep them coming back and doing what they do but why shut them out of some of them?

Good discussion....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast