User Tag List

Thread: The Phillipines

The Phillipines

According to Datu during Chapter 10, his children and parents live in the Philippines. Given that Kc is extraordinarily good at embedding details and hints as to what's going to happen, do you think that this will be relevant at any point during the series, or was it important only in adding depth and background to the character? Maybe this will give us a hint as to how the epidemic spread across the ocean, wasn't contained to North and South America.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I hadn't noticed that!

Looking at Kc's trickery with subtle hints like this, I'd say it's very plausible. They've got a pilot and a doctor, which are both required before going there (pilot for actually getting there, doctor because you don't know the situation and hostility there).
    However, I think we might have another hint pop in before they're really starting with this. Besides, they'll need a fueled jet for +- 20 people, so we'll notice in due time ^^

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I'll bring this up only because it just occurred to me: Do we know that Kalani is capable of flying a plane that can seat more than 10 people? He flew 10 people into LAX. I don't know much about flying, but to fly 25 people or so would require a much bigger plane than a puddle jumper. Which means one of three things: Kalani is a very skilled pilot, Pegs will have to have learned a great deal from her father to help Kalani in the cockpit or the Tower herd is going to need to get thinned out before we encounter an airplane.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Voodoo, Kilani has to be able to fly one of the big boys. The average distance of a Cessna on a single tank is about 687nM miles. The average distance of a Boeing 747 is 7713nM miles. From Honolulu to LA is 2216nM. So he has to be able to fly something bigger than a puddle jumper.
    The distance from LA to Manilla is 6342nM. If Kilani can fly a 747 it would be entirely possible. But the thing is Jet fuel doesn't age well. There is a very short window when it is at it's max strength and then degrades very quickly. I think Angel said it was 3 months since the outbreak occurred, chances are he couldn't fly half way across the country, let alone to Manilla on stale fuel.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by They call me Revolver View Post
    Voodoo, Kilani has to be able to fly one of the big boys. The average distance of a Cessna on a single tank is about 687nM miles. The average distance of a Boeing 747 is 7713nM miles. From Honolulu to LA is 2216nM. So he has to be able to fly something bigger than a puddle jumper.
    The distance from LA to Manilla is 6342nM. If Kilani can fly a 747 it would be entirely possible. But the thing is Jet fuel doesn't age well. There is a very short window when it is at it's max strength and then degrades very quickly. I think Angel said it was 3 months since the outbreak occurred, chances are he couldn't fly half way across the country, let alone to Manilla on stale fuel.
    Behind the scenes, Kc is thinking "Shit, didn't know that!"

I'm that guy that everyone knows is here, but no one talks to.

Status

Gamertag: itsallgoodie Wii Code: No idea but I have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by They call me Revolver View Post
    wow, you win. Very good thought. I had no idea how long it took for jet fuel to break down. so much for that idea...maybe they will not fly anywhere and Kalani is just taking up space. THROW HIM OUT OF THE TOWER!
    The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order, other than Aegilops but no ones knows what the hell that means, so it doesn't count.

Presidential Feline

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat
    Maybe KC will find a work around. For example for all we know zombie blood could be twice as efficient as regular jet fuel. Just puttin' it out there....

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaCat View Post
    Maybe KC will find a work around. For example for all we know zombie blood could be twice as efficient as regular jet fuel. Just puttin' it out there....
    I'd love to see what leads to that discovery. "Hmm, I think I'm going to purée this zombie and then put it in my fuel reservoir."
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook