User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Copy/Pasta'd from the other thread:

Highlight one:

I would recommend going with T-Mobile. Their US plans are now contract free and a quick check of the interwebs tells me that they do operate in the UK. This is something that you could probably get set up easily before you leave. Also, if you happen to already be with T-Mobile, you might be in luck. Some of the US T-Mobile plans are already global plans by default at no extra charge, UK T-Mobile might have that too.

Highlight two:

Do you have a smartphone that's hotspot capable? If you can get item one sorted, your wi-fi accessibility is solved. Now, IF I get to go... my phone is hotspot capable and plan on using it. A lot. And allowing others to use it too... but don't count on me getting my act together.
    (I plan on temporarily getting the max data plan for the duration of the trip. (Probably that billing month.) I currently have "unlimited" which is 2.5GB unrestricted, then everything after is throttled.)

Highlight three:

I was thinking that we might want to get/start an official WA Convoy YouTube Channel, Twitter Feed, Tumblr, Instagram ect. Individual attendees will of course still upload to their social media of choice, but having (an) "official" channel(s) seems to make sense.
    T-Mobile is available over here in the UK; I'll check the available plans and see what international plans I can get. My phone has Wi-Fi hotspot capability, so that should come in handy at some point.

An official set of official WA Convoy social media pages does sound like a really good option at it saves people the hassle of trying to locate every individual page to find all the media - having them all in one place makes everything more accessible. Plus we can stick all the links up on the forum.
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Maybe with the right setup you can also live stream the audio. Yes it'll take more practice to do on the fly, but that makes it more fun right?

For connectivity, you can go with an LTE card through Verizon or Sprint.
    https://m.sprint.com/shop/mobile/sho...=&tabId=dt_mbc

https://m.verizonwireless.com/Shop/D...cmp=Google-PLA

These are not that expensive up front but do require a data connection. I've used the sprint card for streaming live 720p video

As for getting stuff to the forum, having some sort of audio storage that you can link, maybe soundcloud?

Hope This all helps!
    It does! Even just brainstorming about this stuff helps to create better solutions. Thanks a lot! And I'll keep you in mind for the video editing.

BTW, Turbo.... what are your plans for the trip/live event?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    I was thinking that we might want to get/start an official WA Convoy YouTube Channel, Twitter Feed, Tumblr, Instagram ect. Individual attendees will of course still upload to their social media of choice, but having (an) "official" channel(s) seems to make sense.
    Yeah, this is a great idea. Especially if you understand THE WA CONVOY FAN FICTION PROJECT that will be created concurrently with the trip, we are going to need some way to upload and store various forms of multimedia (e.g., photos, videos, text, drawings, etc). My plan is to start a special storytelling blog that anybody on the Forum can access in order to both follow the story and get information about our trip simultaneously. We'll be living in two worlds at the same time...

And Red Shirt! Get your ass in the van! I gotta seat reserved for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    There's some mighty fine ideas in there! Even if it does take us a while to get the setups etc right, we'll have plenty of time on the road to perfect the craft.

I'll put together some sort of album for the photos which I can upload straight onto the forum, and use soundcloud for the audio. As for archive videos, I'll use youtube, and live videos - I'll test out several areas such as Ustream perhaps
    Tony, can you take responsibility for this aspect of the trip? Namely, the "how to we get all this multimedia shit from the van and up to the interwebs while we're on the road?" Each of us is taking on a separate role for the planning of this:

Lit: Reserving hotels / campsites, itinerary, core script and story creation, directing/producing/editing the fan fiction audio drama that we will be creating

7odd: Supply and logistics, renting the vehicle, estimating fuel costs, initial food to take on the road, tents to sleep in, etc.

Tony (hopefully): Communications and connectivity for the fanfic project

Cabbage Patch: Helping plan the local leg of the trip, esp. the Irwin tour and WA locations around LA
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Comms Officer Hind reporting for duty sir!
    Likes Litmaster liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    Comms Officer Hind reporting for duty sir!
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

I'll set up official youtube and twitter accounts later on today. Personally I don't use facebook, so if anyone else can set up a page or something on there, then that's sweet.

I'll also set up a Google+ account aswell. I've seen the adverts for the Google Glass thingies and I'm hoping, if my pitch is up to scratch, I can get a product testing gig from them. Here's hoping at least one person at that company is listening to WA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12