User Tag List

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I can respond to these in two fold. The reason why I can't take solicited characters or idea is because there are always inherent problems with intellectual property. Since my ultimate personal goal is to be a full time writer, it wouldn't behoove me to take on others' ideas.
    I completely understand Thank you for replying!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    fantastic.
    so Kc what are the numbers for the 3rd season final?
    how many servers did you think you needed? how many where need?
    what was to total number of listeners to the podcast?
    did you think that it was going to be that high?
    how are you going to top this?
    last question. When will I will be able to buy season 3 ?
    Last edited by werewolf; Dec 6th, 2012 at 03:29 PM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    fantastic.
    so Kc what are the numbers for the 3rd season final?
    how many servers did you think you needed? how many where need?
    what was to total number of listeners to the podcast?
    did you think that it was going to be that high?
    how are you going to top this?
    last question. When will I will be able to buy season 3 ?
    Somewhere between 8k and 15k streaming, but we had like 45k download later that day.

Well, we had one virtual dedicated server. How many needed? More. A stronger more reliable server that can handle that amount of traffic. BUT, we only have that kind of traffic for one day so it wouldn't make sense to upgrade just for that.
    Listeners? Bout 100k at least, possibly more.
    Yes, I thought it'd be that high, but I also thought our server would handle it. I'll have a mirror server next time, but there may not be a next time. We won't be livestreaming the series finale.
    How to top this? Do it live, in a location.

Buy? Marchish? We remaster in January.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Hey, KC!!!

I'm not going to read all the other pages before this one so I'll just take my chances that no one has asked such an obvious question yet. LOL!!! I want to be a character on your show. Have you contemplated creating walk-on roles for the fans?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary12 View Post
    Hey, KC!!!

I'm not going to read all the other pages before this one so I'll just take my chances that no one has asked such an obvious question yet. LOL!!! I want to be a character on your show. Have you contemplated creating walk-on roles for the fans?
    No. It's happened in the past but most of those people were local. It's problematic because we need to control the audio fidelity in our studio, and most of our fans are not near us and it leaves several problems:
    1. Mic Quality/Room quality doesn't match what we have.
    2. Directing people remotely isn't much of an option.
    3. If I ever need someone it's usually just a fill in line, which I tend to have a lot of people to draw from locally.
    4. (This is not meant to be offensive) A lot of people who think they can act/perform, can't.
    5. It's an extensive amount of paperwork that has to be arranged, NDA's, releases, etc...

It's more of a headache than what it's worth, but we have done some competitions in the past where we draw in talent. The zombie voices we used from fans were modified heavily, so I didn't have to worry about the fidelity that much, but it still was an issue on some where the audio tore.

I can't tell you how many e-mails I get from people asking to be in the show, and it just takes more time than usually what we have available with our very rushed production schedule.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I completely understand...the headache just isn't worth it. Maybe you could do a fan a "Solid" in a different way then? How about letting Otto Sturcke know that he's my favorite character on the show? The man knows his lines and makes you believe in the character. He'd be the guy I'd want watching my back if the SHTF. Oh....and can you put in a good word with Constance for me? LOL!!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary12 View Post
    I completely understand...the headache just isn't worth it. Maybe you could do a fan a "Solid" in a different way then? How about letting Otto Sturcke know that he's my favorite character on the show? The man knows his lines and makes you believe in the character. He'd be the guy I'd want watching my back if the SHTF. Oh....and can you put in a good word with Constance for me? LOL!!!
    I'm sure Otto will read this soon enough and say hello.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    (This is not meant to be offensive) A lot of people who think they can act/perform, can't.
    Totally. Sometimes you just gotta give a little 'tough love' to people; let 'em know where things stand, right?

Speaking of performances, I totally got this sick zombie-throat thing going on, y'know? I'ts kinda like a hoarse zombie-warbling kind of yodel, right? It would totally fit in as Randy's zombie-cry, right? It's kind of hard to reproduce it with text here but it kind of sounds like this: "HAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM-EEEEEEEEEM-MMMYOELLLI-YODELLEYIII-YODELLEI-YEDELLEI-YOOOOOOOOOU!"

Er... well, ya. Something like that. I can totally lay down that track on my dad's old boom box and then mail it to you, ok? Just, ah, let me know your address, and ah...

Hello? Kc? Hello??
    Last edited by Litmaster; Dec 18th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post

Hello? Kc? Hello??
    *CLick.... But seriously, I might set up something where people can submit zombie growls to possibly be used. It's the only thing that might be considered.

That being said, next season I'm expanding our sound team. I'll post more info on it later, but I'll need more people, editors and such who have access to pro tools. I have a few liceneses I can loan out, but I think Southern California based will be a requirement.

"Lurker"

Status
    Hey Kc (that's my brothers name too),
    I don't know if anyone else has asked this yet, but I was curious when the last time you made a major edit to the story. I'll let you determine what "major" means. I love the show btw, it's amazing.
    Thanks,
    Vince

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast