Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

OK, some questions that need answers.

OK, some questions that need answers.

The turner at Check Point #2.
    • Started turning while at the check point.
    • How long was it since his exposure? A lady says that 'the zombies' are just over the hill so he could have been recently exposed OR he could be some what of a 'slow turner?
    • Tanya says it's the second time this has happened. Is there a trend of slower turning? We have some idea of how long it takes people exposed to Inkling #2 to turn. It seems Roman may have turned at a similar rate, as Glenn nor Pete mention anything about the duration being different.
    • Turners in the convoy could be either hitchhiking zombies or slow turners.
    • Keep in mind, Boulder was overrun quickly.

Randy
    • Pete mentions that he is wearing a brownish shirt. Sean calls him a 'techie' when he sends him to the water pumping station. "Brown" collar jobs are considered paraprofessional positions in the USA. Did he work at the station?
    • Mentioned by someone that he is at the pumping station when we first encounter a Behemoth. Any connections?
    • Has a mark on his head. Lighting bolt like Harry Potter? White hand print like the Uruk Hai? Scratch marked him some time and place?
    • Ally, Adversary or Aggregate of Ink?

Uh Oh!
    • Anyone pick up Bixby's or Gatekeeper's comm devices?
    • Did the SWAT van have maps to Dunbar?
    • Were all of CJ's blindfolds red?
    • Will Cj's katana be used to amputate her leg? If so, did she ever clean it after slicing zombies?
    • Where the heck is Pete?
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Nov 17th, 2012 at 01:28 AM.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Good question about the maps to Dunbar. But.....do you really think the crazy lady who wants everyone who enters Dunbar blindfolded would draw out a map? Or let saul/vic? Doubtful

this one is just speculation, bit if CJ didn't clean the katanas blade...then based on what we know of the "sword fight"...either her or scratch could feasibly be infected.

Randy wears brown because all badass's with beards were brown...unspoken rules,bro.

Done.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Good question about the maps to Dunbar. But.....do you really think the crazy lady who wants everyone who enters Dunbar blindfolded would draw out a map? Or let saul/vic? Doubtful

this one is just speculation, bit if CJ didn't clean the katanas blade...then based on what we know of the "sword fight"...either her or scratch could feasibly be infected.

Randy wears brown because all badass's with beards were brown...unspoken rules,bro.

Done.
    CJ being infected... Hmmm... I assume that Saul would have put her on some antibiotic meds as part of her treatment once they got to the hospital. Could have been the same ones he himself was on. Will have to register to see if Saul says anything about giving her meds.

More fodder for the cure theories....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post

Done.
    The only thing Scratch is infected with is hotsexyvoice-itis and the love and adoration of us all.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    • Has a mark on his head. Lighting bolt like Harry Potter? White hand print like the Uruk Hai? Scratch marked him some time and place?
    in 23-1 (around 12:00) Michael shot at Randy a couple of times. The first shot he says hit Randy on the arm but the second shot "may have hit him again." Maybe the mark on the bearded zombie's face is from getting grazed by Michael.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    in 23-1 (around 12:00) Michael shot at Randy a couple of times. The first shot he says hit Randy on the arm but the second shot "may have hit him again." Maybe the mark on the bearded zombie's face is from getting grazed by Michael.
    Good point.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Yeah, just the "We tried something like this before and it didn't work well" from Michael referencing the homemade chloroform if response to Kimmet's call to use CS gas.

But, we could find out some more about it if Michael says "Kimmet told me that there were chemical weapons over at..." Not sure that'll happen since it looks pretty clear that Ft Irwin is toast now...
    i think nerve gas would work quite well against them although i suppose the problem would be getting there hands on it, all the people who would know were its stored are likely dead and the same could be said for those who would know how to make it.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

The one aspect of this that is bothering me is the overuse of conventional weaponry as opposed to improvised techniques that would be far more effective. Such as mixing bleach and ammonia to create poisonous gas (if they're bulletproof from the outside, but still need to breathe air....)

Depending on which way the wind was blowing, a poison gas could be used at great distances and dissipate quickly.

...and what about common sense shit like BUILDING A MOAT? There's a reason moats were used extensively in the middle ages: they freaking worked. Or a page could be taken from Leiningen Versus the Ants, in which the protagonist uses a variety of moats and ditches.

By "moat", I don't necessarily mean a water moat, but a big ditch filled with jagged things would be highly effective. By leaving one or two paths of ingress/egress, it creates a bottleneck for the zombies. In all this time, nobody at Irwin or the Colony considered this?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    The one aspect of this that is bothering me is the overuse of conventional weaponry as opposed to improvised techniques that would be far more effective. Such as mixing bleach and ammonia to create poisonous gas (if they're bulletproof from the outside, but still need to breathe air....)

I wonder about this often and the best explanation I can think of is, it just didn't occur to them. For instance, when I read other zombie or post apocalypse fiction I am always amazed at seeing the characters find a solution or tactic that makes me yell, "Now why didn't I think of that?"

For instance, your poison gas suggestion could just as easily be implemented by criminals, gangs, terrorist... today, but nobody seems to think of it. Other examples of real-life Why-Didn't-I-Think-Of-That that should have occurred to someone long ago, are:
    *Drones - remote control planes have been around for decades. Lately someone puts cameras and bombs on them...
    *Narco-submarines
    *Well, the lit can go on, I'm sleepy
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    These possibilities probably have already been stated, but I didn't read all of the thread postings...sooo...here are my thoughts and predictions.

1.) Cj will definitely be the Oracle calling out strategies and position placements as the battle at the colony goes on.
    2.) With so many people at Fort Irwin, Kemit will detonate the bomb there, and a small band of survivors will make it out on the chopper repaired by Datu.
    3.) (Long Shot - but I like It) Pegs and Kelly will make it to LA, where they will find CJ's tower only to discover that it has become occupied by Scratch.
    4.) The Colony will hold against the attack by randy, the person in the van (Glenn - who constantly asked if it was safe, and now its not) will be destroyed, but a second attack will be mounted and the colony will fall with the helicopter once again factoring into the escape. Coming full circle at CJ's tower.

I think that it is interesting that it is implied that an attack was mounted by the Zombies simply based on one following Pete and Glenn. I seems more likely that due to lack of food in the zombies may have been scouting and come across the colony, which would not have been hard with all of the gun fire. I also find it interesting that everything is being setup and presented as a lost cause. In most Zombie media, army personnel are over-run , preventing them from getting to their larger mobile weapons. The fact that these things are able to tear through tank armor is horrifying (though it does beg the question as to how were Glenn and Pete able to survive an attack in a regular car), which means there is really nothing that can stop them. Except more bombs. Which lends itself all the more to the idea that Ink himself is the one reading all of these Diaries.

I do have one question. The fact that these things are in Hawaii means that this is a global issue, it would be interesting to know how the rest of the world is dealing with this?

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast