User Tag List

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    After listening again, and again, and again I just realized I want to smack Michael with the "Stick of Obviousness." Carl says Pvt. Grigg is missing, found restraints but no body, Micheal asks how far the crash is from Boulder, and Puck says about 30 miles give or take, and Michael mentions the advanced big one as he argues with Kimmet, and never goes back to where Grigg might be. Umm, Michael, SEND YOUR BOYS TO LOOK FOR GRIGG!

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguine View Post
    After listening again, and again, and again I just realized I want to smack Michael with the "Stick of Obviousness." Carl says Pvt. Grigg is missing, found restraints but no body, Micheal asks how far the crash is from Boulder, and Puck says about 30 miles give or take, and Michael mentions the advanced big one as he argues with Kimmet, and never goes back to where Grigg might be. Umm, Michael, SEND YOUR BOYS TO LOOK FOR GRIGG!
    Maybe he hanging on to this Chinook?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Perhaps the resistance to cold is a side effect. Maybe bullet-proof is what he was aiming for.

What is the Frankenzombie theory? That Pinstripes is using corpses to put pieces together to build zombies? Malarky!

I do think he is tampering with DNA or something; maybe even altering the zombie virus that originated in The Haze.
    I do think it's possible that cold resistance is just a side effect of thickening the skin, but it's also possible to get improved cold resistance in other ways too. For example, TOWTM could have mutated the inklings to have more brown fat, which generates heat in newborns and hibernating animals when they wake up through a special biochem pathway. Wouldn't really be that different from regular human phys if cold resistance were to be valued for some reason.

Maybe #2 just went into hibernation mode.....

Or maybe I'm just trying to use theoretical zombie phys. to help me study! :-)

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post

My Zombie's Dad Can Kick the Shit Out of Your Zombie's Dad
    No offense to Walking Dead fans, but Kc's zombies would SHRED THE SHIT out of those stupid, sluggish, Romeroesque pussies on the Walking Dead show. I mean... it's not even close. Especially throwing into the mix now that they are apparently becoming sub-zero operatives and BULLETPROOF. Whoo! This is awesome!

Somehow, I imagine these 'Little (Big) Ones' as something like ghoulish, whitened versions of the Ents from the LOTR series...

Attachment 2151

Bring it on, baby! I'm fiiiiiired uuup!!!

Ye ol smack hath been putteth down, oh 'Walking Dead'

Love the LOTR reference. It Reminded me that Saruman had bred a special line of 'White Hand' orcs.
    tumblr_lu9ouhwtlv1r146k2o1_500.jpg
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

lol
    It really depends on what source you choose ... Thank you Kc ... Depending on what source I choose I have varying information on climate data ... On wikipedia the average temperature of Barstow (California) and Boulder (Colorado) are even the same; yesterday I found several climate tables bringing up a difference of about 10°F, while your information ends up at nearly 20°F difference ... Sorry for riding this horse beyond death. I just want to have it a zombie as well ...

Grigg: We have no confirmation on if he is dead and where he is moving to. The worst case scenario would be: little one heading towards Boulder; the funniest prediction: he is Skittles; a somewhat 'reasonable' explanation: he may be just freezing to death or roaming around without clue where to go ...

Yep: Michael nailed it: 30mi to Boulder, new game etc.; I just wonder why none did even think about raising kind of "orange alarm" or something ...

Blackhawk: What is the flying range of a Blackhawk; could a Blackhawk really do a 800mi (about the distance between the Chinook crash site and Fort Irwin) ride? And since it is just 30mi away from Boulder, wouldn't it be just the right thing to do: getting some more gas?

Big Ones giving birth to little-ones ... The more I think of it, the more I don't think so. I consider it a different breed and/ or race.

Does the thick skin protect the little ones against the cold weather? I don't think so. The Chinook was about 900mi away from LA, where the little-one grabbed on the chopper. Considering the huge distance it strikes me as odd that the crew did not recognize it earlier; I would have thought that the little one might have tried to get into the chopper way earlier, but it didn't. So it was on the chinook for quite an extended amount of time, while the Chinook flew through winter conditions, over many miles of Rocky Mountains; the chily time of the year and the additional cold from the airflow of the chopper would have freezed it much earlier. Yet it was not frozen, instead it was able to tore apart a Chinook, its electronics and the better part of the crew ... Either it is an endotherm bio-organism, or it is some kind of cold-resistant monster from any Fantasy RPG monster manual, or it just sprang out of some kind of DC- or Marvel-universe, which would explain its weird noises ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post

Blackhawk: What is the flying range of a Blackhawk; could a Blackhawk really do a 800mi (about the distance between the Chinook crash site and Fort Irwin) ride? And since it is just 30mi away from Boulder, wouldn't it be just the right thing to do: getting some more gas?
    Possibly, but not likely? The operational range of a Blackhawk is 1,380 miles (2,220 km) with external fuel tanks. As the crow flies it is 697 miles (1,115 km) from Irwin to Boulder. Let's subtract 30 miles so 667, making a round trip 1,334 miles (2,134 km). That 1,380 mile distance is also the ferrying distance meaning it doesn't take into account the added weight of troops or cargo so now we are really cutting it close. Add to it the fact they are searching for something meaning weaving back and forth to find the crash site and we are talking about making a round trip and coming back with fumes in the tank if not worse. If they didn't stop for fuel they might be having a rather unexpected landing well before they reach their destination. Sorry to nit-pick details Kc.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    We've seen evidence that the Inklings get along with each other at least when they are small. There were two in the Reserve Base depot that attacked Angel and Kalani.

Hey remember how we wondered why that Behemoth was dying at the Army base? Wonder if it was dying after giving birth to a pair of Inklings.
    Maybe it gave "birth" to Inklings, (love the name BTW) but maybe the Inklings attacked the behemoth as the behemoths are now "redundant" as they have the Inklings to replace them.

"Lurker"

Status
    Also, M134 is a bit over kill for zombies...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Triggernator View Post
    Maybe it gave "birth" to Inklings, (love the name BTW) but maybe the Inklings attacked the behemoth as the behemoths are now "redundant" as they have the Inklings to replace them.
    I take no credit for name. I'm just hoppin' on the bandwagon....it's a really kick ass name for them though! Much in the same way that there would be some really obvious damage if the little ones were birthed from the Behemoth, I'd imagine that there would be some noticable damage if two little one's had mauled the Behemoth at the Reserve base. I think with it being as big as it was, it dying has to be more in line with it starving to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggernator View Post
    Also, M134 is a bit over kill for zombies...
    I think that it is just right
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    The Blackhawk left from Boulder, not Ft. Irwin. Micheal says Carl is in Boulder, then talks to Carl on the Sat phone.

Temp takes on the internet are BS. I know the temp tables for South Dakota say nothing about 100+° days, yet it has been that warm/hot for a LONG time. Trust me, the temps in Boulder in the winter are more then 10° colder the Ft. Irwin.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast