User Tag List

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Technically Vick didn't lie when he said the mallers killed Sean. Think about it... Gatekeeper had Sean killed, but as soon as the Mallers took over the colony that made all the former colony members Mallers. So in a twisted sense of needing to egg CJ on Vick said the mallers killed Sean. Not a total lie..

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    I couldn't agree more, I was kinda likeing Ray until he went off on how the Marines are that much better than the Army (mostly based off of a fictional character.) You usually hear that in the old timers in the Marines and not so much since 9/11 and we all got on one team (I'll grant you there are still the jokes and rivalries but they have dropped dramaticaly since Afghanistan and Iraq.) Even before that there was a great deal of respect from Army Infantry for Marine Infantry and vice versa, we both realize that we both have different jobs with different strengths and weaknesses. The problem was (and I guess still is) with the non-combat arms guys...
    the army has 1.14 million personnell (not counting the civilian corps) and the marines have 280,000. the marines are a small elite corps, but the army has about as many infantry as there are marines. the combat arms of the army are as skilled marksmen as the marines. marines are intended for small scale operations, the army is intended for large scale sustained operations. it's really like compareing apples and oranges, they have different purposes.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Nah, CJ doesn't know that it was Gatekeeper who plotted to kill Sean. As far as CJ knows, the Mallers were the one's who offed her ex-boyfriend. So to get revenge on Gatekeeper someone would have to spill the beans (Victor), and we Hispanic folk never spill our beans. That shit doesn't go to waste! lol

I think that was what Nik was saying too. That if CJ found out that she was lied to about the Mallers being responsible for Seans death, she might flip out and do some cray-cray shit, like ventilate Lizzy's skull, OR, oh shit and this might actually happen, reveal Saul to the Mallers so that she herself can escape from the Mallony! Damn, I can totally see CJ using Saul and Lizzy as a diversion so that she can snatch up the SAT phone and leave the star-crossed lovers in the Mallony!
    So pull a Nick Fury and walk out with the SAT Phone when no one looking. Maybe I need to re-listen but afraid to heard Burt again

And Yes, we loved beans. Adventureless_Hero pass the arroz.
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Jul 12th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguine View Post
    Technically Vick didn't lie when he said the mallers killed Sean. Think about it... Gatekeeper had Sean killed, but as soon as the Mallers took over the colony that made all the former colony members Mallers. So in a twisted sense of needing to egg CJ on Vick said the mallers killed Sean. Not a total lie..
    Ehhh maaaaaybe. I don't disagree and I can see what you are saying, but from CJ's point of view, I can imagine she wouldn't be as quick to agree. She'd probably get a twitch in her eye and say, "What?! You lied to me so that we could save your blonde fuck-buddy?! Grrrrrrrr!!!!" *crack* (mind snapping)
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Gatherer"

Status
    Not that any of the USA vs USMC crap even matters. When it comes down to it the entirety of the US Military, except for the special forces of each branch, all practice the same principle when it comes to combat... Accuracy by volume. i.e.. we will put more lead downrange then you, so we dont need to shoot all that well. Dont believe me? Watch any youtube video, combat video, etc, and tell me how many Soldiers/Sailors/Marines/Airman are pulling off single shots and how many flip that selector to F/A and let it rip.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Lies of omission are still lies, and they are some of the most harmful ones.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Somehow I doubt we'll be going back to Erwin because of the chapter title. Family Ties. I think this next chapter part is all about the rescue and either who gets out alive, someone will die or Saul, CJ and Victor won't get in. Burt is the closest to dying at this point. As soon as Scratch figures out someone is sneaking in and if she figures out who, she'll probably use Burt as a bargaining chip to get what she wants, like she always has. Burt dying in front of Saul would probably enrage him more to do something stupid. Lizzy more so. First Scratch will use lizzy and then if saul doesn't talk, she'd most likely kill Burt. I think the idea that protecting Lizzy because Scratch wants a family is complete horse shit and it's just another tactic to get Lizzy on her side for her own ends.
    Sure, maybe Scratch wants a family and all, but I'm sure she doesn't want a thing to do with one of her enemies and a friend of her brother's killer who she wants to avenge. I mean, we can't forget that Scratch lying to Angel's face about state of the art equipment to fix him isn't the same thing. I'm sad that she was raped as a teen, but I know that if Scratch got news that Pegs was dead, she'd probably release both of them and or stop being a villain. Dunno though. Seems unlikely.
    This post was originally to say that I don't think we're going back to Erwin but turned into a rant about the current happenings. This is my first post so I guess it was bound to have a jumble of thoughts in it.

That and the possibility that the recon team actually did see Saul and Victor as they took off. They may have decided it was too hot to risk touching down again. Maybe?

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    it's really like compareing apples and oranges, they have different purposes.
    That's kinda my point...

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Ehhh maaaaaybe. I don't disagree and I can see what you are saying, but from CJ's point of view, I can imagine she wouldn't be as quick to agree. She'd probably get a twitch in her eye and say, "What?! You lied to me so that we could save your blonde fuck-buddy?! Grrrrrrrr!!!!" *crack* (mind snapping)
    I don't see CJ as one who would be quick to angry. I believe she know that they hold something back as she does to them.
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Jul 12th, 2012 at 10:03 AM.

"Hoarder"

Status

Not that any of the USA vs USMC crap even matters. When it comes down to it the entirety of the US Military, except for the special forces of each branch, all practice the same principle when it comes to combat... Accuracy by volume. i.e.. we will put more lead downrange then you, so we dont need to shoot all that well. Dont believe me? Watch any youtube video, combat video, etc, and tell me how many Soldiers/Sailors/Marines/Airman are pulling off single shots and how many flip that selector to F/A and let it rip.
    Not trying to sound like a dick but the way we operate is fire superiority by accurate fires. There are two types of fire superiority in combat operations, through accurate fires and massed fires. The way that the US does it is by accurate fires. That's why we use the 5.56 round and the M-4 or M-16 that only have the single or 3 round burst. What you see and hear on the news are the M-249's and 240's laying down suppresive fires. I've been in a few fire fights in Iraq and never once had my M-4 on anything but single shot, anything else is just wasteful.

Ironically the M-4 that the SF guys carry has the full auto setting since theynormally go light on the MG's

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast