Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Uh oh, didn't mean to offend you..

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Personally, I don't believe that we are witnessing any bias from the journals as written from the perspective of "the good guys." I think what we hear in terms of flashbacks and live action (whenever a character isn't narrative events as they specifically read them from a journal) is going deeper than what is written in the journal. In other words, the journal is a device that allows other characters to be witness to things they weren't there to experience first hand, but the moment the story cuts to those moments, we are hearing them as though WE are there first hand; a silent witness of sorts.

So although the writers of journals could put their bias into the journals, I do believe that we the audience are seeing things as they actually happened. So our opinions as to whether Scratch is evil, misunderstood, crazy, sane but cruel, or whatever are totally up to us. I doubt we are being affected by the feelings of the journal writers.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by forgottenone View Post
    Uh oh, didn't mean to offend you..
    joint-point-counter-joint

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Personally, I don't believe that we are witnessing any bias from the journals as written from the perspective of "the good guys." I think what we hear in terms of flashbacks and live action (whenever a character isn't narrative events as they specifically read them from a journal) is going deeper than what is written in the journal. In other words, the journal is a device that allows other characters to be witness to things they weren't there to experience first hand, but the moment the story cuts to those moments, we are hearing them as though WE are there first hand; a silent witness of sorts.

So although the writers of journals could put their bias into the journals, I do believe that we the audience are seeing things as they actually happened. So our opinions as to whether Scratch is evil, misunderstood, crazy, sane but cruel, or whatever are totally up to us. I doubt we are being affected by the feelings of the journal writers.
    If you think about it, we're seeing the exact same thing here on the boards. Everyone puts their own spin on the story, even though we all have the same pieces of audio, the same words, the same sounds... we have take something different away from it. Why would the journals be an exception? Our own perspectives of the story are skewed and biased right out of the gate.

This is ground that keeps getting covered. I think we've managed to derail this shit pretty good.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    So is Scratch's "family" mafia or gypsies?
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Lurker"

Status
    WRONG! You're clearly batshit cray.
    Clearly. You saw through my mask of sanity and saw who I really am. Curses. But you revealing me will not stop what I do everyday, and that's try to take over the world *cue maniacal laughter*

Wow, while I was away, there have been a lot of great points and counterpoints. I have said all I want to about Scratch, but I can see merit with what everyone says. All I know is that I like Scratch (okay, more I have a bit of a girl crush on Jenna and her voice which bleeds into her character. Doesn't hurt that she's an antagonist, and I almost always like them. Except Tardust. He can go away.), and I don't want her to die anytime soon. There's so much more I want to hear from her, and once she's gone, that'll make me one sad panda. But I know quite a lot of people don't feel the same way, so we'll see where Kc takes us (I'm up for the ride!)

So is Scratch's "family" mafia or gypsies?
    Hmmm, that's an interesting question. I never thought about the Family being gypsies. They could be, but my gut is telling me that the more likely scenario is mafia. I've researched that Gypsy law directs Gypsies to lead their lives properly by attaining a state of purity and preventing contamination.....I think the mafia fits more accurately based off of what we've been given this far. But I could be way off base, and that would be interesting if the Family were gypsies instead.
    Last edited by Free_Falling86; Jul 11th, 2012 at 02:39 PM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    "Noooooooo!! Burt!!!!!! Noooooooo!!!! Shirley?!?! Noooooooooo YOU MONSTER!!!"
    -me while listening

Great episode! I want to murder Scratch! And Pete just 'cause:-P
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalls kenobi View Post
    "Noooooooo!! Burt!!!!!! Noooooooo!!!! Shirley?!?! Noooooooooo YOU MONSTER!!!"
    -me while listening

Great episode! I want to murder Scratch! And Pete just 'cause:-P
    I can understand wanting to murder Pete.... but.... ..... god damnit. Shush, TacoTime.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Just a thought. At the end of the episode, Briggs tells Burt that he'll bring the Doctor to look at his hand. (Burt, says that it doesn't matter, though.) So, the Doctor examines Burt. She's never seen him around before, they chat....
    Does the Doctor inform Burt of Lizzy or does she inform Lizzy of Burt? Of course it will more than likely be an inadvertent comment that captures, either Burt's or Lizzy's attention. OR, KC could screw with us and neither Burt or Lizzy catches on to the clue that the other is there.

So, guys, tear into this thought. What, if anything, do you think will happen?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Just a thought. At the end of the episode, Briggs tells Burt that he'll bring the Doctor to look at his hand. (Burt, says that it doesn't matter, though.) So, the Doctor examines Burt. She's never seen him around before, they chat....
    Does the Doctor inform Burt of Lizzy or does she inform Lizzy of Burt? Of course it will more than likely be an inadvertent comment that captures, either Burt's or Lizzy's attention. OR, KC could screw with us and neither Burt or Lizzy catches on to the clue that the other is there.

So, guys, tear into this thought. What, if anything, do you think will happen?
    I doubt they'd run the risk of saying anything to either of them. Too dangerous. Loose lips get cut off and sewn into ballcaps.

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast