User Tag List

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Post Creative Writing Crew *SIGN IN* v.What Are You Working On?

I know there are a number of members that are actively writing and I'm curious to know what you're all working on!

Lately, I've been working on editing Undead Knightmare for Creem_Filling--as well as another project of his, that I hope ends up seeing some love on here. Aside from the editing, Discovering A Pandemic, and miscellaneous short stories, I've been working on my first detective novel. It is currently sitting at the 81,000 words, and relatively close to finished--the first draft, anyway. This will be the fifth novel I've written, but the first one that I'm excited enough about to begin the search for an agent and a publisher. Last year, just before Christmas, I was lucky enough to take my first vacation in almost six years, and instead of heading somewhere warm, I crammed myself into a quiet corner of my basement and started working on a short story about a detective who really should have been a plumber.

Over the course of the holiday, which lasted about two weeks, I was consumed with a desire to keep writing. I hadn't set out to write a novel, hell I hadn't even set out to write that long of a story! Still, the words refused to stop, I fell in love with the characters I was creating, and before I knew it I had the first two hundred pages of an exciting--at least I think it is--adventure. It's a love story, an action/adventure, and a cynical take on friendship. With any luck, maybe a lot of luck, I'll find someone willing to take a chance on a new author.

So... what about you? What are your current projects (W.I.Ps) about? What genre do you write?
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    The High Place.
    A doctor trapped in Seattle during the zombie outbreak and how he survives and escapes. I have no genre really and I'm discovering my voice as a writer.
    Last edited by yarri; May 10th, 2012 at 12:22 AM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    The High Place.
    Whoa... easy there. I didn't ask for your whole life story!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Whoa... easy there. I didn't ask for your whole life story!
    I edited it.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

There are only so many ways to say "It was raining."

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    There are only so many ways to say "It was raining."
    :P~~~~~
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    both of my works are up here as i write them. the survivor is inspired by the works of HP Lovecraft, like the greatest author EVER. the other is Memiors of a Company Man featuring John Welsh, a character from the We're Bored RPG that i have grown rather fond of. The Survivor is a horror story that kind of disturbs me, but i still like writing it when i get the nerve up, and Memiors is action adventure that i need to get past my writers BLOCK AND WRITE SOME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Started--and finished--a short story early this morning. Should be up later today, if I'm feeling inclined to polish it a little more. Right now, it's sitting in the Writer's Lounge, waiting for crits/edits/whatever. So, if not today, probably Friday. I'll be surgerified tomorrow.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    I have been writing bits and pieces of a science fiction novel that's been in the works for the past 3 or 4 years...and due to my schedule and writer's block...the length of time keeps increasing.

I really like my idea and my two main character and my two main villians, but linear writing only works for me when I'm writing an essay or a research paper...creative writing for me is both easy and very difficult.

The basic premise is a specific kind of mutation that gives a specific set of people extraordinary powers, for which they are exiled and hunted down for. I'm reluctant to go into detail lest someone take liberities...which I know most of you honorable people would not do... (^_^) However, I am totally up for some constructive criticism.

My forte happens to be poetry...in case anyone cares...lol

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zombeh-kitteh View Post
    I have been writing bits and pieces of a science fiction novel that's been in the works for the past 3 or 4 years...and due to my schedule and writer's block...the length of time keeps increasing.

I really like my idea and my two main character and my two main villians, but linear writing only works for me when I'm writing an essay or a research paper...creative writing for me is both easy and very difficult.

The basic premise is a specific kind of mutation that gives a specific set of people extraordinary powers, for which they are exiled and hunted down for. I'm reluctant to go into detail lest someone take liberities...which I know most of you honorable people would not do... (^_^) However, I am totally up for some constructive criticism.

My forte happens to be poetry...in case anyone cares...lol
    You've not really given anything that can be critiqued constructively. Sounds like an interesting premise, though.