User Tag List

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status

Gamertag: uuhhhuuu Steam ID: uuhhhuuu
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    Was that a comedy button joke? Also completely wrong thread.
    srry. wrong thread lol.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I've been rethinking my survival strat and realized that I'd need someone who knows how do drive and work heavy equipment. At the very least, I think I'll find a way to learn myself.

There are 3..wait, 4 places within 3 miles of me that have bulldozers, dumptrucks, backhoes and whatnot that would go a long way to helping me and mine survive. One place that sells motor oil and liquid oxygen. Yow!

What would be the best group size? I think 10 is about it for me, 20 at the very very max. If you lived in a compound environment, how would you handle crimes that are committed? No matter what, human nature kicks in. Imagine dealing with a group of Kelly's (like she was when she first arrived in the tower) and how you, as a leader would deal with that.

Solar power would be a MUST!!

I also realized that we'd be able to live fairly well by simply fishing in all the canals around Miami. Hell, i've seen fish in the lake/pond in my complex that are pushing 2 feet long. Fishing is one thing i'd never really considered before and its been sitting in front of me for 4 years now. LOL.
    The ducks down here are the size of geese and easily domesticated. Yum.

So, when TSHTF and you can make it to Miami.. make it to Ronald Reagan HS and tell the gate guards "it's all in the reflexes"

Crowbar out!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    I've been rethinking my survival strat and realized that I'd need someone who knows how do drive and work heavy equipment. At the very least, I think I'll find a way to learn myself.

There are 3..wait, 4 places within 3 miles of me that have bulldozers, dumptrucks, backhoes and whatnot that would go a long way to helping me and mine survive. One place that sells motor oil and liquid oxygen. Yow!

What would be the best group size? I think 10 is about it for me, 20 at the very very max. If you lived in a compound environment, how would you handle crimes that are committed? No matter what, human nature kicks in. Imagine dealing with a group of Kelly's (like she was when she first arrived in the tower) and how you, as a leader would deal with that.

Solar power would be a MUST!!

I also realized that we'd be able to live fairly well by simply fishing in all the canals around Miami. Hell, i've seen fish in the lake/pond in my complex that are pushing 2 feet long. Fishing is one thing i'd never really considered before and its been sitting in front of me for 4 years now. LOL.
    The ducks down here are the size of geese and easily domesticated. Yum.

So, when TSHTF and you can make it to Miami.. make it to Ronald Reagan HS and tell the gate guards "it's all in the reflexes"

Crowbar out!

Crow, meet USMC Cpl Zombie Killer... aka Cowboy. Cowboy drives large 18 wheel trucks for a living and has a very odd set of skills.. I think you would be good friends..

~Yarri
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I have developed Plan B:

Eat Cheetos and watch.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Steal a private yacht and hit the high seas... why do more people not think of this? It's pretty hard to get bit by a zombie when he's 7 fathoms deep...

Then just a small crew and conducting several small, targeted shore raids for supplies. Most goods are transported via ports anyway, right?

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    You would first have to secure places to refuel, make sure you were going to find enough food each time you stopped at shore to last for months and a crap ton of other things.
    A boat is not a good place to start a new life. Its a good short term solution but try producing your own power/ food on a boat. But you have got one bit right, water is the best defence. I've said it once and I'll say it again ISLANDS! Once you've cleared them they're a brilliant safe haven. If I can get with a big enough group my plan after the proverbial turd hits the fan is to head out to one of the many small islands around mainland britain. Preferably one that has a low population and is rural enough to begin farming.

"Lurker"

Status
    I have developed Plan B:

Eat Cheetos and watch.
    This is pretty much my plan too. Reasons why I would die quickly in a zombie outbreak:

1. I don't own a gun, I've never used a gun and I don't even know where to get a gun.
    2. I feel strongly against stealing, to the point that I would probably only eventually start looting when everything has been emptied out already.
    3. I am incredibly lazy. Fortify this door? I think not, I'll go watch a movie instead!
    4. I am ridiculously naive. "Hello sir, sure come on in. Nice pin striped sui....AAAGH!!!!"

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reneen View Post
    This is pretty much my plan too. Reasons why I would die quickly in a zombie outbreak:

1. I don't own a gun, I've never used a gun and I don't even know where to get a gun.
    2. I feel strongly against stealing, to the point that I would probably only eventually start looting when everything has been emptied out already.
    3. I am incredibly lazy. Fortify this door? I think not, I'll go watch a movie instead!
    4. I am ridiculously naive. "Hello sir, sure come on in. Nice pin striped sui....AAAGH!!!!"
    Solid plan, sir.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneen View Post

if you lived in the US. i'd say walmart.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Too be honest Europe is completely and royally F*****. Britain's only chance is to close off all airports and harbours and barricade the Chunnel. Relocate the government and hope for the best.
    Maybe the government could maintain a healthy population by requisitioning Jersey and using the military to convert it into a agriculturally centre then move a maintainable population out their some of the brits could survive but I don't know. Maybe with enough time they could start compulsory service back up. Make BioHazard suits compulsory to soldiers coming into direct contact with civilians. Even with all the buts and maybe's we'd just get taken down by another surviving country. Ah well we made a tradition of submitting to aggressors before the Normans i guess we could do it again

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast