User Tag List

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Grab weapons and head up to my high school.
    Is your high school big? Cause I sure as hell can't do that theres three separate buildings a few trailers, and about 30 entrances.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    Is your high school big? Cause I sure as hell can't do that theres three separate buildings a few trailers, and about 30 entrances.
    Yep, mine's pretty big, and has a lot of entrances. But would be far more secure than my local sheriff's office which is a really small building in a strip mall.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Yep, mine's pretty big, and has a lot of entrances. But would be far more secure than my local sheriff's office which is a really small building in a strip mall.
    The JDA (John D. Adams) One of the buildings) at my high school would be so secure. 3 entrances has two stories medium size, it has 3 staircases an elevator and I think thats it. Small windows, and the doors aren't glass the're the big heavy ones you see at an emergency exit.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    u guys are lucky, most of the highschools in california are outdoor ones, so they are all seperate buildings, and none of them are very secure. alongside that the buildings arent very tough either, most houses are made with drywall and wood so that in case of an earth quake, and ur house collapses, it wont kill u like bricks and mortar would.
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    u guys are lucky, most of the highschools in california are outdoor ones, so they are all seperate buildings, and none of them are very secure. alongside that the buildings arent very tough either, most houses are made with drywall and wood so that in case of an earth quake, and ur house collapses, it wont kill u like bricks and mortar would.
    Our police department is made of brick and is secure as shit, one entrance, I repeat, ONE entrance. Has like three or four emergency exits but only one way to get in. And I forgot about the new high school they're building here. One entrance to drive in and out of, with fence surrounding it (to stop all of the ditching) guarded by a security guard (at least they say it will be) with one way to get out. Two stories with one entrance and about a dozen exits. It won't be done until 2012-2013, so lets hope the zombie apocalypse doesn't come until then.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    So, you guys run to your HS huh? So, lets say the ish hits the fan while you're at home. What's the distance to the school and what stores/buildings are in the immediate area to help you survive?
    I had to update mine to include the Dade County Police training building. There's also 3 hardware stores, a 5 gas stations, 2 construction equipment sales store (think earthmovers) and a LIQUID OXYGEN depot.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Ok Troops! What's your plan when the Eat'em Ups appear?
    Do you actually have weapons at home?
    Would you board up your house or find a better location?
    Fortify a COSTCO and you'd be set. They're usually just large brick warehouses with shutters that can be locked down and are stocked with a lot of food,clothes and weapons/things that can be used as weapons and possibly a survival book. They also have generators and many other useful things to sustain a group for an extended stay before having to endure the apocalyptic conditions outside.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Holy Cow Beaumont! That is a f'n brilliant idea. The only thing I can think of is what to do about the big ass front windows at the entrances. I just found 2 more gun shops all within 5 miles of the HS i'd hole up in.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Holy Cow Beaumont! That is a f'n brilliant idea. The only thing I can think of is what to do about the big ass front windows at the entrances. I just found 2 more gun shops all within 5 miles of the HS i'd hole up in.
    The one I go to doesn't have any "big ass front windows" but I guess if the one you end up in does then that would be part of the fortifying efforts.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinMike View Post
    Wish'd my old man had a yacht I could run to - that is awesome.

All I've got is an aluminum bat and a ball-peen hammer. Improvised melee stuff.I live less than a block from the National Guard, so I'd want to see if they have any weapons. A few blocks south is a friend who keeps a nice assortment of shotguns and revolvers.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't put windows on their buildings, in order to avoid vandalism. I remember there's a Kingdom Hall right outside of town, and considering their apocalyptic beliefs and conservative politics, I bet they'd have lots of guns. That's where me and the wife would hole up.
    The bit on windows is correct, but I know for a fact that Kingdom Halls do not house "lots guns," lol! No, I myself am not a JW, but I have family who are. I've also occasionally attended said Kingdom Halls in my youth.

I just wanted to let you know that you'll have to find another means to acquire your guns.

EDIT: Oh! You mean Jehovah's Witnesses would have guns...maybe, but I wouldn't count on it. For a minute I thought you meant they store guns at the KH. XD
    Last edited by Chelsea C.; Feb 21st, 2011 at 05:38 PM.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast