User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    they went back to the hummer. if his supplies were kept in a backpack it would be likely that that would be intact. plus, saul was able to maintain positive control on his supplies. also, the way they were talking was as if victor didn't pack anything, you know the whole "piss poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine."
    They said that the mallers searched and took everything of use though. And if that's the case, then they would have searched the hummer and taken any supplies that was in it. As for how saul managed to get his pack and not victor. Saul was on the turret and vic was driving so saul was closer to the supplies he could have grabbed a pack much easier than vic could have from the drivers seat.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    They said that the mallers searched and took everything of use though. And if that's the case, then they would have searched the hummer and taken any supplies that was in it. As for how saul managed to get his pack and not victor. Saul was on the turret and vic was driving so saul was closer to the supplies he could have grabbed a pack much easier than vic could have from the drivers seat.
    Have you been in a humvee before? The best place to put an assault pack is the part of the truck where the radio rack usually goes. If that was installed, then leaning your assault pack up against the radio rack is your next best bet. If you're a gunner on a truck, you have no way of grabbing a pack in a hurry. You can't hang it up top, you'll lose it. It's much harder to get down and grab something from the turret than it is to grab something from the drivers seat. I don't remember if they said it was a hardshell or softshell humvee, but either way, you're not going to put your packs on the outside unless you absolutely have to. If they had them in the back somewhere other than the trunk on a hardshell, Victor would still be able to get to them quicker. There isn't a whole lot of room in the turret at all, especially with an M2 up top, so Victor could probably grab his assault pack faster from the back anyway. Short of their stuff being in the trunk, I don't see Victor being slower than Saul. I think he's just a dummy when it comes to surviving and has gotten pretty lucky. If it wasn't for Saul, Vicky would be following around Mr. Whiskers, asking "huh? what? why?" to a cat.
    One Shot, One Kill. No Remorse. I Decide.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    they didn't take the m2 and ammo. even if the mallers knew enough to figure out it was broken (since it was obviously working well enough to shoot a behemoth) they must have mechanics or people with mechanical skills of some kind. if i was them, and i had vehicles (as i kind of assume they do) i would take it on the off chance it could be fixed and would then be a powerful weapon.

"Lurker"

Status
    I agree with the smell and the perimeter thing but the restriction from the 2nd and 3rd floor is a bit odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    Don't read too much into the smell thing... Barraks on a good day smell like a gym and on a bad day (when we all get back from the field) they smell like feet ass and mildew. I got to go back and listen again but the whole thing sounded like a defenseive perimiter (the guns and towers were pointing out not in).
    And the orders to stay in the barraks seem legit as well, you don't want some guys that just got there wandering around like they own the place, and lets face it Mike was being a dick to Puck.

I of course am being a little biased, I want Irwin to be the safe haven it seems (maybe with a little drama with the COL. who we have yet to meet) and not be like how the military is treated in alot of the zombie movies and books, either incompetent or blood thirsty murderers and rapists.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I'm going to side with the folks saying Victor didn't have an opportunity to prepare. Not that it matters that much since Saul and he are in the shit now.

Victor was sent out on what was supposed to be a quick mission. Instead while out in the field objectives were added. You could say "he should have" but the fact is that he can't always carry a shit ton of supplies every fucking time he goes out. Sure Saul did, but look at what Saul's objectives were. He had every intention of going on a hunt for Lizzie. He had no idea how long it would take and so HE packed supplies. Saul knew the bird could get fixed and if they hadn't of found Lizzie by then that he was going to stay behind.

Anywho, it seems a stupid thing to debate seeing as how Saul is the reason all this shit went down. He is my favorite character but the little fucker is playing the blame game. That shit he was spewing at Victor should have been directed at himself.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Love'n the back and forth with Looney, Leedo and Reaper... Hoooah!
    I'm still gonna go with the theory that the Mallers are picking up brass for reloading. It doesn't have to be a station. They simply have to save it until they get where they need to get.
    Looney has missed a lot of the convo's about what the Mallers have been doing since Scratch saved them and how they covered so much territory..
    Remember, they've raided every damn thing from LAX to the Arena. Multiple police stations, Burt's shop, the Guard Armory and Lord knows what else. Durai telling them to find a place that has the powder They're bound to have people that know how to reload. Having a few gunsmiths among the regulars or the slaves seems very plausible. Hell, they may even have a ton of books from the prison library that any mechanical minded person can read and do.
    I'm pretty sure Datu could learn to reload with the right equipment and a manual.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    keep in mind also though, it's LA. LA is very liberal, and liberals tend to lean towards anti-gun. yes i think the supplies they need are somewhere in LA but i don't know in what amounts.
    Last edited by HaveCrowBarWillTravel; Feb 9th, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Love'n the back and forth with Looney, Leedo and Reaper... Hoooah!
    I'm still gonna go with the theory that the Mallers are picking up brass for reloading. It doesn't have to be a station. They simply have to save it until they get where they need to get.
    Looney has missed a lot of the convo's about what the Mallers have been doing since Scratch saved them and how they covered so much territory..
    Remember, they've raided every damn thing from LAX to the Arena. Multiple police stations, Burt's shop, the Guard Armory and Lord knows what else. Durai telling them to find a place that has the powder They're bound to have people that know how to reload. Having a few gunsmiths among the regulars or the slaves seems very plausible. Hell, they may even have a ton of books from the prison library that any mechanical minded person can read and do.
    I'm pretty sure Datu could learn to reload with the right equipment and a manual.
    Yeah, my pop taught himself to reload. Granted he now has a rifle with a ruined breech (there is an impression of the shell on the inside) but for the most part he does it well, I think. I mean if when I fire it and it goes BANG instead of BOOM! then that's a sign of success. lol
    If a small, shitty town like Laredo has the necessary good to reload, I have no doubt L.A. would.

New theory: the brass is being melted down and used to make zombie-proof armor! Yeah, now that's what their doing with it!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    keep in mind also though, it's LA. LA is very liberal, and liberals tend to lean towards anti-gun. yes i think the supplies they need are somewhere in LA but i don't know in what amounts.

California allows weapons. So what if it needs a "loaded" meter or you can't have more than 10 round mags! Shit still goes bang and people still drop. I don't remember the 2nd amendment saying you have the right to bear arms with a 50 round drum. LOL.

So, there will still be places there to get what they need to do reloads, which doesn't have anything to do with weapon types.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Yeah, my pop taught himself to reload. Granted he now has a rifle with a ruined breech (there is an impression of the shell on the inside) but for the most part he does it well, I think. I mean if when I fire it and it goes BANG instead of BOOM! then that's a sign of success. lol
    If a small, shitty town like Laredo has the necessary good to reload, I have no doubt L.A. would.

New theory: the brass is being melted down and used to make zombie-proof armor! Yeah, now that's what their doing with it!
    I have read a few articles where people have trouble with reloads. Finicky guns will have problems with them. Like Shirley probably wouldn't do well with them, while Burt's .357 would spit em out like crazy and ask for more.

Now, the brass armor thing is pushing it. LOL. You'd REALLY need a serious blacksmith, equipment aka forge and molds, and the skill set. What? You think they captured Tony Stark or something? ahhhahah

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast