omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Just my opinion....
    the rat sub-plot is now effectively over...sure..at some point during season three we may get some kind of resolution to what kalani did and why...but we now have all the pieces we need...all we lack is the parts to put it all together. Kalani's final words to angel were the closest thing to a confession we're gonna get...you can only take subtlety so far...we have our answer to this, now we just have to accept it.

And by the end...i grew quite fond of Kalani...sad he died really..

"Lurker"

Status
    Angel is the mole. The Mallers are forcing him to do it because they hold some trump card over him (perhaps the mentioned "second hostage"). Who's the second person the Mallers captured at the end with the old man? Angel perhaps? Scratch did seem pleased. Perhaps Kalani told Angel to find his journals because they might contain information on how to help him out of his predicament. I'm not ready to write Kalani off as the mole... seems too obvious.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Just my opinion....
    the rat sub-plot is now effectively over...sure..at some point during season three we may get some kind of resolution to what kalani did and why...but we now have all the pieces we need...all we lack is the parts to put it all together. Kalani's final words to angel were the closest thing to a confession we're gonna get...you can only take subtlety so far...we have our answer to this, now we just have to accept it.

And by the end...i grew quite fond of Kalani...sad he died really..
    I disagree wholeheartedly with your assessment. We have all rallied against the idea of a dead rat reveal. That's why we don't believe it was Bill. Why would that rule of thumb change just because the "leading horse" in the debate is dead now? Isn't it still more impactful if the rat is alive and with the group surviving on the helicopter? And if the rat and the assassin are the same, they still have to answer for what happened to Pippin....or not. He was a bastard anyway.

The rat is still very much alive. And they still have a lot of opportunities to screw with the Tower (albeit not on purpose. They are going to try to hide their existence to their up most ability....who knows what that will lead to.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I disagree wholeheartedly with your assessment. We have all rallied against the idea of a dead rat reveal. That's why we don't believe it was Bill. Why would that rule of thumb change just because the "leading horse" in the debate is dead now? Isn't it still more impactful if the rat is alive and with the group surviving on the helicopter? And if the rat and the assassin are the same, they still have to answer for what happened to Pippin....or not. He was a bastard anyway.

The rat is still very much alive. And they still have a lot of opportunities to screw with the Tower (albeit not on purpose. They are going to try to hide their existence to their up most ability....who knows what that will lead to.
    on this subject i will happily agree to disagree...we will find out who's rats living or dead at some point in the next..year? *crosses fingers*...i just feel like there's enough meat to the story now to make the rat situation take a very firm position on the back burner....on a low simmer...

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Question If Kalani was the informer.

and the maulers had his girl friend. Why didn't he come clean to Angel and Michael? Especially after Angel had saved his butt on the base. Once He and Angel had came back from getting the M.R.E's. What would he had to loose? Yea he could have been kicked out. I would rather take my chances with the people that had rescued me from certain death more than once than the people that where holding my girlfriend hostage.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Its simple. He isn't the informer.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur

Gamertag: LieutenantFUBAR Steam ID: h2yankeesfan
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcludwig View Post
    Its simple. He isn't the informer.
    Eeeexactly.

Too many things don't line up.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

There's already a thread about who's the rat. Let's just keep everything in there.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

I know who the rat is

as the title says... i think i know who the rat is... i've recently been going back in listening to the whole first season and working my way through the second. ok here it goes... and please shoot it down if you can... i welcome it.

Kelly is the rat... Mike and Angel are talking this last time about how whoever the rat is is now with the tower... if we look at all the main characters who is the perfect depiction of someone who wasn't with anything the tower was doing and then all of a sudden was with the tower... Kelly. At first everything they did was wrong and she wanted to leave and wanted everyone to revolt... maybe to thin out the number of people in the tower... but after "the war" and tommy's death she changes and wants to help. Now if Kayloni's "Hannah" was in fact the red head that was shot at the golf course then that means he has a connection with the mallers... and who was the first person kayloni talks to when he gets to the tower... Kelly... maybe drawn to the only familiar face... and look at who the main person Pippin opens up to in the tower is... Kelly... and he says "you" because she just left the guard room... and comes back ready to blast his face off... yes it was a suprised "you" but wouldn't you be suprised if the one person who you thought was on your side in the tower walking in a room and pointed a gun at you. One more point before i let you guys have at it... Kelly always wanted to know what was going on... was always asking why... and never wanted to help... who would you want to help a group you were trying to f over... she is a lawyer... meaning she has had contact with criminals... and we all know that there are such things as currupt lawyers... oh and she was present at the tower before everytime the mallers showed up unlike the other popular choice for the rat which is Angel who was gone getting Datu back when all the stuff was stolen and the mallers showed up

ok guys... have at it

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wt91 View Post
    as the title says... i think i know who the rat is... i've recently been going back in listening to the whole first season and working my way through the second. ok here it goes... and please shoot it down if you can... i welcome it.

Kelly is the rat... Mike and Angel are talking this last time about how whoever the rat is is now with the tower... if we look at all the main characters who is the perfect depiction of someone who wasn't with anything the tower was doing and then all of a sudden was with the tower... Kelly. At first everything they did was wrong and she wanted to leave and wanted everyone to revolt... maybe to thin out the number of people in the tower... but after "the war" and tommy's death she changes and wants to help. Now if Kayloni's "Hannah" was in fact the red head that was shot at the golf course then that means he has a connection with the mallers... and who was the first person kayloni talks to when he gets to the tower... Kelly... maybe drawn to the only familiar face... and look at who the main person Pippin opens up to in the tower is... Kelly... and he says "you" because she just left the guard room... and comes back ready to blast his face off... yes it was a suprised "you" but wouldn't you be suprised if the one person who you thought was on your side in the tower walking in a room and pointed a gun at you. One more point before i let you guys have at it... Kelly always wanted to know what was going on... was always asking why... and never wanted to help... who would you want to help a group you were trying to f over... she is a lawyer... meaning she has had contact with criminals... and we all know that there are such things as currupt lawyers... oh and she was present at the tower before everytime the mallers showed up unlike the other popular choice for the rat which is Angel who was gone getting Datu back when all the stuff was stolen and the mallers showed up

ok guys... have at it
    Merged this from another thread. And as always I shall play the Devil's Advocate, most of which I've already argued against the Kelly/Rat theories.

We do not know what kind of lawyer Kelly is. Not all lawyers deal with criminals. Some lawyers broker deals between very large companies all day long and protect corporate interests.

Secondly, Kelly was the first person to fight back against the Mallers attacking the Tower in chapter 12. It was her voice that you hear telling Burt to pull his head back as they launch a couch over the side of the balcony.

Pippin's "you" can be in regards to any person he met in the Tower. Pippin knows there's an informant in the Tower but he doesn't know who it is...that information would probably not be trusted to him. If he interacted with every Tower member (I know he didn't but for the sake of argument lets say he did), and suddenly he sees that person appear in the doorway holding a gun at their side or in their hand, a surprised "you" works for any one of them.

Kelly's actions can be interpreted in different ways than what has been framed for us by Kc. We have our opinions of Kelly's early actions because of they way Kc has Michael, Angel, Saul. Lizzy etc etc react to her. Kelly is a very strong woman and is probably used to being more in charge of her life. She's a lawyer so she's used to being able to manipulate situations to her advantage but she's obviously not dealt with people who have stronger personalities than hers.

Am I saying she's not the rat? nope.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast