User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    Charms bring rain, officers and broken equipment.
    Good thing the officers are there to make it all better then
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    Good thing the officers are there to make it all better then
    HAHA!! I had this one guy who was a cadet at West Point doing his summer camp thing with us when I was active duty, he used these exact words "Based on my experience..." and we all just died laughing LOL

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    I would have as well

My gripes are with utterly incapable and unmotivated NCOs. Pathetic human sausages can make life incredibly difficult to any officer. Good thing the grunts were a great lot, a lot better than the corporals and sergeants
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    mre's are great compared to the c (or k) rats. those things tasted like the packaging they were in.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    While in Texas training for my last trip to Iraq we were coming onto post and there was a homeless guy standing on the side of the road begging, I told one of the guys in the back of the van to grab an MRE from the boxes that we kept back there. Well Cheese and Veggie omelet is probably the worst one made, I mean it's bad! The potatoes are the only eatable thing in the entire meal, I wouldn't even eat one in a bet for money they are that bad. Well because they are that bad they are normally the last ones in the box to get picked so of course there are a lot of them and it happened that this was one of the ones that was picked. When I handed it over to the homeless guy he looked down and saw what kind it was and I kid you not when I say this "ghee thanks” with a look of disgust. Even the homeless don’t like the cheese and veggie omelet. The beef stew isn't bad though normally the first one to get picked.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew227598 View Post
    While in Texas training for my last trip to Iraq we were coming onto post and there was a homeless guy standing on the side of the road begging, I told one of the guys in the back of the van to grab an MRE from the boxes that we kept back there. Well Cheese and Veggie omelet is probably the worst one made, I mean it's bad! The potatoes are the only eatable thing in the entire meal, I wouldn't even eat one in a bet for money they are that bad. Well because they are that bad they are normally the last ones in the box to get picked so of course there are a lot of them and it happened that this was one of the ones that was picked. When I handed it over to the homeless guy he looked down and saw what kind it was and I kid you not when I say this "ghee thanks” with a look of disgust. Even the homeless don’t like the cheese and veggie omelet. The beef stew isn't bad though normally the first one to get picked.
    I could eat the Omelet MRE over the Omelet T-Ration. That's not to say that I would scour for the MRE, but if it was there in the box by itself...
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Lot of military activity and training near me so it was inevitable it would happen one day. I was forced to eat some old ones during a school field trip. Got stuck in bothy once with PrivateParts because of the winds and rain prevented a ferry from getting us back to main land. We were running out of food and military left some MRE's in a cupboard after an exercise. I choose no food over that stuff. Thats the most effective review I can give.

"Lurker"

Status
    A Constant State of Disgust with the way Our country is going.

I think you may have bought into the DoD's lies.....

They are Not Meals...Ready...to Eat....They ARE Meals Rejected....By Ethiopians.....

"Scavenger"

Status
    I could get some from my rotc but I've never gotten to try one but I dont like alot of types of food Q_Q
    I quickly started kickin
    beat him with the crowbar
    until he finally stopped twitchin
    Shaggy 2 Dope - Base Head Attacks

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew227598 View Post
    Well Cheese and Veggie omelet is probably the worst one made, I mean it's bad!
    In the Aussie 24hr Rat pack we had tins of Egg & Bacon (Breakfast ration), hell if I know what it was loaded with, I presume preservatives but it used to burn your palate (the roof lining in your mouth) I ended up swapping it or tossing it every time.

We also had Light weight Dehydrated Long Range Patrol Rations, which when reconstituted tasted like mushy cardboard, the entire concept of this type of ration eluded me, because you had to carry extra water to reconstitute it, so where was the extra weight saving?, the only possible place I could think of was in the skull of the knucklehead that thought it up in the first place.

The "10 Man 24hr Ration Carton" were great.......if your intention was to starve your 10 Man Section to death, you basically got 12 oz per man per meal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast