User Tag List

Page 59 of 235 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemind View Post
    Hey! I'm Firemind (Taylor Balkom). I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and have been listening to We're Alive since episode 18. I heard about it from the lovely Greg Miller on Podcast Beyond, and have been a huge fan ever since. I've also been listening to We're Not Dead since...well, around that time too. Hope to see y'all elsewhere on the forum!

Edit: Oh, nikvoodoo and ra1th also convinced me to finally join the forum after their appearance on the last WND podcast.
    HELL YES!!! Welcome to the forum man.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Firemind View Post
    Hey! I'm Firemind (Taylor Balkom). I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and have been listening to We're Alive since episode 18. I heard about it from the lovely Greg Miller on Podcast Beyond, and have been a huge fan ever since. I've also been listening to We're Not Dead since...well, around that time too. Hope to see y'all elsewhere on the forum!

Edit: Oh, nikvoodoo and ra1th also convinced me to finally join the forum after their appearance on the last WND podcast.
    Enjoy the boards.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status

Gamertag: shric debar PSN ID: i have an xbox why would i want a playstation? Wii Code: no idea don't really use my wii
    Quote Originally Posted by GD_Elite View Post
    Hi guys. My name is George and I'm from England. I'm Currently in sixth form college, and hoping to go to university come september. Loving We're Alive (and WND). I've been lurking on the forums for a little while now, but figured if I'm gonna start posting, this is probably the best place to start.
    nice to see another brit on here. welcome. hope to see you around

"Scavenger"

Status
    Hi everyone!

My name is Ailbhe, I'm from Dublin, Ireland but am currently living in London, UK. I originally came across 'We're Alive' when someone recommended it as a really good radio drama that I should listen to - I took a radio module as part of my degree, and though I'm not currently working in radio I really enjoy radio dramas and podcasting. I started listening to the show in May, and have just caught up with everyone else - I'm probably going to find it difficult now waiting for new episodes to be released!

I wouldn't have classed myself as someone with an interest in zombies, but now I am hooked and have found myself scrounging around for zombie books and programmes. I had already seen some films, of course, but this series has reignited my interest.

Interesting things about me:
    - I suppose my name is interesting for people who have never heard it before. It's an Irish name and is pronounced 'Alva', everyone gets it wrong though, especially once I moved from Ireland. It is a very old name, and may mean 'fair-haired' or 'noble', nobody is sure though (it's origins seem to be lost in the mists of time) Many websites claim that it is a male name, which it probably once was, but it is very definitely a female name now. One website claimed that it was the Irish version of Elvis (??)
    - I am about to start a new job as assistant editor of a science magazine. I currently work as editorial assistant on a scientific journal.
    - I haven't interviewed anyone who has been in any zombie films/radio series, but I did once interview Robert Llewellyn (best known as Kryten from Red Dwarf) - that's geeky, so it's almost as cool, right? Right?
    - One time in Hyde Park, I managed (without noticing) to get in the way of Prince Charles. He had to walk around me.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Hi, Fishie! Welcome to the forums!

Ailbhe pronounced Alva...yes, that does sound pretty. I'm sorry, but I laughed when I read the bit about Prince Charles. It sounds like something that would happen to me! Though it's funny, it's also awesome!

Edit: I reread what you wrote and answered my own question
    Last edited by Chelsea C.; Jun 13th, 2011 at 04:04 PM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Mimi, originally from Montréal, Canada. I am living in Australia right now.
    I discovered ''We're Alive'' via my boyfriend who, convinced me to listen to it (which is a miracle since I am have a zombie-phobia). Since then, I am completly addicted to the show and the characters, even if I did more zombie's nightmare the last 2months than the past 20 years of my life... Yeah pathetic I know.
    About the show, Its a real pain in the butt to live 1 day ahead of the show... always have to wait until Tuesday evening to get it ='( and I think might have a crush on Riley (frenchie bond you know). Terrrible... My heart will break if she disappears.
    Oh yeah, Btw you guys will notice my wonderful-english writing quality, please be nice and compassionnate since I am actually french haha, so syntaxe-conjugaison etc... isn't my cup of tea yet.

Interesting/Uninteresting Facts:
    - I never stay more than 2-3 years in the same place. Always moving everywhere as much as I can. (Right now in Australia for completing my Undergraduate program) I visited and lived in more than 12 country for now (not bad at 23 lol )
    - No I don't live in an igloo even I am from Québec and its -35degres sometimes in Winter.
    - I did eat some Seals Delicious and killed many living snow-crabs almost every april (family & friend tradition), a real tasty food-carnage with garlic butter to complete the mess.

Cheers Mates!/ À Bientôt!
    Last edited by Fisheye; Jun 13th, 2011 at 08:15 PM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheye View Post
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Mimi, originally from Montréal, Canada. I am living in Australia right now.
    I discovered ''We're Alive'' via my boyfriend who, convinced me to listen to it (which is a miracle since I am have a zombie-phobia). Since then, I am completly addicted to the show and the characters, even if I did more zombie's nightmare the last 2months than the past 20 years of my life... Yeah pathetic I know.
    About the show, Its a real pain in the butt to live 1 day ahead of the show... always have to wait until Tuesday evening to get it ='( and I think might have a crush on Riley (frenchie bond you know). Terrrible... My heart will break if she disappears.
    Oh yeah, Btw you guys will notice my wonderful-english writing quality, please be nice and compassionnate since I am actually french haha, so syntaxe-conjugaison etc... isn't my cup of tea yet.

- I never stay more than 2-3 years in the same place. Always moving everywhere as much as I can. (Right now in Australia for completing my Undergraduate program) I visited and lived in more than 12 country for now (not bad at 23 lol )
    - No I don't live in an igloo even I am from Québec and its -35degres sometimes in Winter.
    - I did eat some Seals Delicious and killed many living snow-crabs almost every april (family & friend tradition), a real tasty food-carnage with garlic butter to complete the mess.

<3 for my Canadian sister. Welcome and enjoy your stay.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisheye View Post
    Hi everyone,

Yay another person living in Australia on the forum! Hey don't worry about being a zombie-phobe I used to be until I started listening to this show it passes in time... I hope. Just so you know, the show normally goes live here in Australia at 2am Tuesday morning (that's along the east coast I don't know where your living so adjust as needed) so you don't neccessarily need to wait till Tuesday night lol. I hope your enjoying our lovely country and welcome to the forums

"Gatherer"

Status

Gamertag: shric debar PSN ID: i have an xbox why would i want a playstation? Wii Code: no idea don't really use my wii
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishie View Post
    Hi everyone!

My name is Ailbhe, I'm from Dublin, Ireland but am currently living in London, UK. I originally came across 'We're Alive' when someone recommended it as a really good radio drama that I should listen to - I took a radio module as part of my degree, and though I'm not currently working in radio I really enjoy radio dramas and podcasting. I started listening to the show in May, and have just caught up with everyone else - I'm probably going to find it difficult now waiting for new episodes to be released!

I wouldn't have classed myself as someone with an interest in zombies, but now I am hooked and have found myself scrounging around for zombie books and programmes. I had already seen some films, of course, but this series has reignited my interest.

Interesting things about me:
    - I suppose my name is interesting for people who have never heard it before. It's an Irish name and is pronounced 'Alva', everyone gets it wrong though, especially once I moved from Ireland. It is a very old name, and may mean 'fair-haired' or 'noble', nobody is sure though (it's origins seem to be lost in the mists of time) Many websites claim that it is a male name, which it probably once was, but it is very definitely a female name now. One website claimed that it was the Irish version of Elvis (??)
    - I am about to start a new job as assistant editor of a science magazine. I currently work as editorial assistant on a scientific journal.
    - I haven't interviewed anyone who has been in any zombie films/radio series, but I did once interview Robert Llewellyn (best known as Kryten from Red Dwarf) - that's geeky, so it's almost as cool, right? Right?
    - One time in Hyde Park, I managed (without noticing) to get in the way of Prince Charles. He had to walk around me.

yay for more brits. hope to see you around. isn't that the same robert llewellyn from scrapheap chanellege?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shric debar View Post
    yay for more brits. hope to see you around. isn't that the same robert llewellyn from scrapheap chanellege?
    That's the one! The actual interview was about electric cars, but I couldn't help thinking of him as Kryten (I didn't ask him about Red Dwarf though)

Page 59 of 235 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast