"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It was Burt who brought up picking someone trusted for the firetruck mission. When he second-guessed Angel picking Riley Angel reiterated that he trusted Riley, not at all surprising given what happened at the Arena.
    Yeah, I'm not saying anything against that. I'm just saying that it's funny how trust is brought up like one scene after Michael had embedded in his mind that Bill was the rat.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Had a listen last night, and something struck me as strange. Tanya mentions that at the colony they weren't allowed to do any kind of research into the zombies and that the sweat/scent thing was new to her. But didn't Victor smash some (wine?) bottles when Michael, pegs and Kelly first met him and they were running from Zombies coming their way. Also, he's wearing tons of cologne. He obviously knows about the scent thing, so why doesn't Tanya?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Could that be something he figured out on his own. And just didn't share with anyone at the colony? He said he wasn't loyal to either side....

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebogs View Post
    Had a listen last night, and something struck me as strange. Tanya mentions that at the colony they weren't allowed to do any kind of research into the zombies and that the sweat/scent thing was new to her. But didn't Victor smash some (wine?) bottles when Michael, pegs and Kelly first met him and they were running from Zombies coming their way. Also, he's wearing tons of cologne. He obviously knows about the scent thing, so why doesn't Tanya?
    The colony didn't seem big on information sharing, or mixing with other groups. Even in the bar the groups that went 'outside' were all separate. There was no central intelligence base working towards the better good, instead factions each working to better themselves/survive
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Fresh Meat"

Status

PSN ID: clarkie_lufc Raptr ID: clarkie_lufc
    First of all - really, really like the episode this week. Think this chapter could be one of the best yet (so far, anyway).

Going to read through all of the posts in this thread and maybe listen to the episode one more time before posting some ideas and theories...

"Scavenger"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ArkumsRazor13 PSN ID: ArkumsRazor Steam ID: Arkum1313
    To be revealed in pat 3...Hope had a stuffed nose. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    On another tangent, what do the helicopter/military experts have to say about this plan for repairing the Jolly Green Giant?
    I am not an expert, but it appears to be a hydrolic line. I do not think they have anything like a simple fix for garden hoses. I believe that the helicopter is a major plot element so I bet it gets fixed.

So, repair the line
    BE SURE TO BLEED it of air. Air in hydrolics is bad. Hydrolics works because you cannot compress a water. But, we can compress air. So any air bubble would sap the strength of the power transfer

The helicopter must be under some sort of structure. But, Hydrolic fluid is Hydrolic which is Hydro which is water. So, any dye they put in the fluid will wash away with the rain. Not an expert, just guessing.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    The colony didn't seem big on information sharing, or mixing with other groups. Even in the bar the groups that went 'outside' were all separate. There was no central intelligence base working towards the better good, instead factions each working to better themselves/survive
    Good point, but the bottles were already there, ready to use, and someone other than Victor will have known, surely?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ArkumsRazor13 PSN ID: ArkumsRazor Steam ID: Arkum1313
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    I am not an expert, but it appears to be a hydrolic line. I do not think they have anything like a simple fix for garden hoses. I believe that the helicopter is a major plot element so I bet it gets fixed.

So, repair the line
    BE SURE TO BLEED it of air. Air in hydrolics is bad. Hydrolics works because you cannot compress a water. But, we can compress air. So any air bubble would sap the strength of the power transfer

The helicopter must be under some sort of structure. But, Hydrolic fluid is Hydrolic which is Hydro which is water. So, any dye they put in the fluid will wash away with the rain. Not an expert, just guessing.
    Its hydraulic, which is just fluid power (hydraulic oil). Basically a pump forces the oil through the line which passes through gears at some point causing a shaft to turn (hydraulic motor). They'll need to replace the hose, or patch it though hydraulic systems run at a very high pressure using braided hose that, at least here at work, we never patch, just replace. Then refill the reservoir to eliminate the system sucking air and creating foam in the oil.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Oh awesome episode. Thanks Kc, Shane, & Crew! This sh*t's getting deep! AND... Hope was NOT harmed. IT WAS THE RADIO! WOOT! Check it!
    http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showt...5911#post15911

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast