User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Wow, really good episode. The forums, as usual, have made an excellent companion piece to pointing out things that I might not have really thought about.

Thoughts:
    I kind of like Bricks. He keeps really terrible company and is a bit too willing to go with the flow, but hopefully he will continue to redeem himself, like when he took the cuffs off Lizzy. He could be a useful addition to the tower crew.

As someone mentioned back a couple pages, there's no way in hell the zombies are working with the mallers. Whoever is their puppetmaster seems bent on eradicating or turning humanity and little else.

Tardust needs to hurry up and get eaten.

Pippin is a mole. The way I took it, his name revealed as the cliffhanger, is what should and did inspire anxiety for our Tower dwellers.

Once again I'm ever more curious if The Marked One in the Arena and PinStripe Paul are one in the same, or different? Given the distinctions dropped on us, I'm assuming they're seperate. Which one is calling the shots though? I've started to think of Pinstripe as the one that's been making an appearance on the rooftops since the beginning, and maybe The Marked One is kind of the overlord?

Boy, I'm glad my wife doesn't read this forum. I think my geek levels have officially gone through the roof.

P.S. Nik, nice try breaking out the Socratic Method in your earlier post.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bequita View Post
    Angel was "fresh out of officer school" (per Michael...which I assume means he didn't see much action in the field) and Scratch has been in lock up for some time. She did a month in a half in solitaire, meaning she did some serious time probably parallel to when Angel was in training.

I don't think Angel would withhold such pertinent information as, "Hey crazybitch Scratch has military training." If they do know each other, it's from a darker circle they ran in before his military training...maybe she taught him to hotwire cars (Kalani mentions he knows Angel can do this, even though nobody else in the tower has ever mentioned it and Angel is puzzled at how he can know this...further implicating Kalani as an ex-maller?)
    First I must say, thank you for having the same belief about Kalani as me. Second, Scratch wasn't in prison when the outbreak occurred, she infact rescued all the prisoners from Eastern Bay.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Robalypse View Post
    Boy, I'm glad my wife doesn't read this forum. I think my geek levels have officially gone through the roof.
    Gah! Same here. I've told her about it but I know she doesn't visit. Thank goodness!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    he didnt sign up at the same time as Saul. Saul enlisted at 18 or 19 and he's like mid 20's now. Saul's been there for a looong time. Angel is fresh, probably did ROTC in college I'd say he's been in the army for a year at most
    Nik,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I belive it's stated that Angel attended OCS (Officer Candidate School). Mike states that in the first episode. Angel had only been out of school a month. OCS is where civlians with degrees go to get their Commissions in the Army. They also send prior enlisted members there. We in the USAF have OTS (Officer Training School) a BS/BA is needed to be eligible.
    OCS is only 12 weeks long by the way.

Crowbar Out!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Nik,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I belive it's stated that Angel attended OCS (Officer Candidate School). Mike states that in the first episode. Angel had only been out of school a month. OCS is where civlians with degrees go to get their Commissions in the Army. They also send prior enlisted members there. We in the USAF have OTS (Officer Training School) a BS/BA is needed to be eligible.
    OCS is only 12 weeks long by the way.

Crowbar Out!
    I have to agree with you.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fish View Post
    They can indeed be fully emptied. The bottoms of those tanks are sloped to the middle, and that is where the hose and pump attach to the main tank.

And I just had a thought, what if those tankers are filled with jet fuel, and not regular unleaded?
    Not trying to nitpick but "Jet Fuel" isn't as flamable as regular or unleaded. The more potent way of blowing one of those tankers would be to have it around half full or lower when you try and blow them as it's the vapors that would be more dangerous. I've seen full tankers in Iraq that were on fire and while it was dangerous it wasn't nearly as dangerous as the tankers that had less or even no fuel in them. We never rolled out with tankers that were empty just because they were so dangerous.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Robert,

I thought Jet Fuel was more flammable than regular fuel? Maybe it just burns hotter then...

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by NJHellfire View Post
    First I must say, thank you for having the same belief about Kalani as me. Second, Scratch wasn't in prison when the outbreak occurred, she infact rescued all the prisoners from Eastern Bay.
    How do we know Scratch free'd the prisioners?

"Lurker"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog711 View Post
    How do we know Scratch free'd the prisioners?
    She said so. It was in chapter 6 I believe when she was talking with her brother about going back to save him and all of the others.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thanks Babs

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast