Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
Currently, there's no evidence that he had any knowledge beforehand.

I know I've been dropping far more hints than usual, so this might be my last. The mental state of Bill Roberts prior to the attack isn't well known in the story. We know his occupation, but once he snapped, his logic and motives are suspect from then on. He may in fact have been legitimately crazy. And how would it look when someone on trial tattoos themselves all over their face? Does their mental condition become confirmed?
Thanks for clarifying this for us, Kc. Much appreciated.

As to the question of if Ink is crazy or not, I'm really very divided on this one. Then again it does depend on what your definition of crazy is.

Bill Roberts was (is?) a smart man. We have proof of this from his position with Raydon and the work he had been doing. It's reasonable to assume he would have been a Smart One if he were bitten and turned. Why would an intelligent person do what he did? What reasonable explanation could there be for him killing his family?

Tinfoil Hat time...
Had his family been turned by someone at Raydon? Perhaps Bill Roberts found out something he shouldn't have and was going to leak the story to the press about the work Raydon had been doing which caused the apocalypse. The original zombies were described as scarred and bruised which, to me, implies they had had time to heal from whatever injuries they had sustained. Perhas they were turned and held prior to Z-Day and Bill found out about this. Maybe this is all a super secret Raydon conspiracy! They may have been experimenting with evolution and created the zombies with the gas at ground zero. Who knows. The point I'm working my way to is if Bill found out about this, tried to go public and ended up with his family turned to zombies, he may have had a reason to kill them while he was still human. THAT set of events could have precipitated his obsessive behaviour around dying and the tattoos. Plus, a seemingly "normal" man that shows up to trial with a face full of tattoos is definitely not normal and likely to be viewed as crazy. This could've been something he was counting on for a lighter sentence with the jury.